Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Gun Sight For Stock I-16 and I-153  (Read 8987 times)

WxTech

• Modder
Re: New Gun Sight For Stock I-16 and I-153
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 12:46:31 AM »

Of course I agree, Jeronimo. As I state for all my mods, I give permission to all and sundry for absolutely unrestricted use of my work. I'm only too happy for others to alter, refine and incorporate anything deemed of use I might offer. Have at it, please!
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 01:39:06 AM »

OK, here is the combination of both mods, thank you very much for his work WxTech.
Thanks to Guzknife for his help to solve the problem with I-16 Type 29.  ;)

DOWNLOAD

Tested on HSFX 7, it is possible that other facilities may be a problem, probably due to the change of name in the Hier.him file.

By the way WxTech, read my pm?

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 05:06:20 AM »

Goodmorning, just you're fix Jero, tried it at once and it works like charm. Checked type 24, type 6 and I-153 and they all are perfect. Thanks so much for all involved, you are real wizards!

Tofolo

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »

Thanks a million Jero and WxTech, beautiful job

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 10:34:19 PM »

I see in Jeronimo's screen shot for the I-153 the same thing that suddenly appeared for me after I just now installed Tyrl's cockpit repaint mod (with some other small changes to a mesh or two.) Namely, that the upper MG handles are seen through the hood and leather padding. I've tried all kinds of .mat file tweaks to see if I could rectify this, to no avail.

I'm not sure why this behavior results; might it involve the order in which certain elements are drawn? In any event, the handles are not fully seen due to being sliced by the reticle mask; the parts ahead of the mask's plane are invisible. If one were to raise by a suitable distance the lower corners of the reticle mask, this clipping would not occur. But then, the handles would of course be seen in their entirety through the hood as well, which would make them even more egregiously prominent.

My quick solution--instead of altering the mesh--involved making fully transparent the texture elements in misc2.tga which are mapped to the handles. These are the two of the three rectangles at the lower right corner of the .tga. Specifically, of the three which abut each other the two relevant ones are the outside ones, the middle one being used for some other item. In the alpha channel I made fully black the former white rectangles, so as to render completely transparent and hence invisible the handles.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 03:08:21 AM »

I thought that it was just as it should be since I appeared to be equal without my modification. o_O

Better now?

If only so you need to change these lines in the file Hier

Code: [Select]
[guns_up]
Mesh guns_up
Parent Body
Attaching 0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1 0.53268 0.2233 0.07849

Best Regards,

Jero. ;)

Greif11

• Modder
  • Salty??....Just taste it
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 06:51:05 AM »

I just offer some more accuracy in texture work _try that sitering texture I'v made https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53506654/Beuf/SAS%20release/SShots/4_12/sightring.tga
BRGDS Andrew
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 26 queries.