Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Last Gamble 1918 - Austro Hungarian Campaign Pack!  (Read 6984 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
The Last Gamble 1918 - Austro Hungarian Campaign Pack!
« on: September 30, 2015, 02:40:19 PM »

Happy, nay euphoric over the inclusion of some rare Austro-Hungarian WW1 fighters to this game, I've made a campaign pack for them:

You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2213

This is a set of four semi-historical, 11-mission static campaigns, set during the summer of 1918 and the period around the last offensive of the Austro-Hungarian armed forces, in mid-June, on the river Piave. It was their final gamble, trying to achieve a war-winning breakthrough in northern Italy. (The offensive was also prompted by German demands: they wanted their Austro-Hungarian allies to tie down as many Entente units as ever possible while their own offensives rolled on in France.)

The outcome of this big battle did indeed decide the war on the Italian front, but not the way the desperate Austro-Hungarian commanders hoped and planned for. Their whole offensive in June 1918 came to worse than nothing: the costly failure of the attack hastened the disintegration of the Austro-Hungarian army, which after this defeat effectively ceased to exist as a single cohesive force. So when the Italians eventually launched their big counter-offensive in the autumn of 1918 the demoralized Austro-Hungarian army and indeed the entire empire fell apart in just days.

Included in this pack are four Austro-Hungarian campaigns that try to portray the aerial fighting during the above mentioned period in 1918. These are:

* One for the Phönix D.I
   * One for the Hansa-Brandenburg D.I
   * One for the Aviatik Berg D.I
   * One for the Oeffag D.III 153

Although these four campaigns are essentially variations of the same one, they all contain a random element, which means that even if you replay a campaign (with the same aircraft or another one) you can never have be exactly sure what you will meet: the weather can vary, the time of day, and even the opposition (composition and skill), in the air and on the ground. This means for instance that some patrols will result in no enemy contact – just as in real life. Also all campaigns contain some unique mission variations.

In order to play this campaign you will need DBW 1916, version 3.4. Notice that it also contains EVERYTHING you need, except the skins enclosed – but these are optional anyway. DBW 1916 can be downloaded here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26088.0.html

You will also need the following aircraft, all made by master modder Gio963tto, with additional work by Mission_Bug/Pete Shaw and VP_media:

The Phönix D.I:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,48503.0.html

The Aviatik Berg D.I:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,48479.0.html

The Hansa Brandenburg D.I:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,48530.0.html

And the Bristol F.2B Fighter:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,47119.0.html

With this campaign comes 28 GREAT skins, most of them made by master skinner Stalker (this campaign would not have been possible without his skinning skills!), but also by Archie, Nexus6 and Max the Hitman. The enclosed folders are simply dropped into your standard game skin folder.

More screenies:

Thanks for looking!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

David Prosser

Re: The Last Gamble 1918 - Austro Hungarian Campaign Pack!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 08:57:13 PM »

I look forward to downloading it in a couple of weeks then.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 10:13:52 PM »

very nice!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 12:44:36 AM »

In a couple of days rather  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

David Prosser

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 01:03:45 AM »

Ah, just in time for the weekend.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 01:56:17 PM »

Campaign pack is now posted. See post #1!  :)

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 03:09:11 PM »

Splendid job, Poltava!!!! 8)

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 08:18:49 PM »

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 02:23:06 AM »

Poltava, really nice thank you! :) 

But.... you should look into something concerning numbers/roundels/crosses. As the campaign comes now, the hungarian crosses appear on the planes, like OEFFAG Albatros, which is a annoying and not intended I guess.

I reworked the campaigns by adding the

numberOn0 0

commands myself but maybe you should do an overhaul.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 02:57:32 AM »

Strange - it doesn't look like that in my version...  :-\ You mean a Hungarian WW2 cross? Could you post a pic of how it looks like?

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 03:32:20 AM »

Yes, Hungarian WW2 crosses on wings and fuselage is what I mean.
Don't have a pic ready right now but just look at the .mis files in the OFFAG 153 campaign. No numberOn 0 commands for player's flight.

Which will result in the Albatros showing the HU cross. The Albatros has this feature. No problem with planes that don't show roundels but the Albatros is one of those few WW1 planes that does display roundels. You have to switch that off in the FMB when using it.
I have seen you already did this in other missions when Albatrosses are used in AI only flights, so it might as well be an oversight in that particular sub-campaign?

Or you have a special setup that eliminates the Hu cross completely for your WW1 setup? Standard DBW1916 will give you HU crosses if you do it the way the .mis files are looking.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 27 queries.