Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: DEVELOPMENT THREAD - DAWN OF FLIGHT CAMPAIGNS  (Read 51369 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2017, 08:06:05 PM »

Monty27, your WWI campaigns have really been enjoyable and has sparked my interest in the period.  Never much cared for WWI, but these are simply fabulous.  Very immersive and fun.

Looking forward to the 2nd set.  I like playing in order of date and experience the advancements of flight, and your campaigns deliver on that.  Looking very much forward to the progress of your per era campaigns, so thanks again.

That's what I was going for, thanks for getting it.  8)

resistor

« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2017, 04:05:32 PM »

DOF will load and list the campaigns, but when I launch one the game crashes:

Code: [Select]
com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.planes.PlaneGeneric$SPAWN.LoadPlaneProperties(PlaneGeneric.java:1143)
at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.planes.PlaneGeneric$SPAWN.<init>(PlaneGeneric.java:1192)
at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.planes.PlaneWWINieu.<clinit>(PlaneWWINieu.java:56)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at com.maddox.rts.Spawn.get_WithSoftClass(Spawn.java:84)
at com.maddox.rts.Spawn.get_WithSoftClass(Spawn.java:57)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.preloadStationaryClasses(Main.java:257)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1650)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1579)
at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.beginApp(MainWin3D.java:212)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:432)
at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java:235)
Problem in spawn: com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.planes.PlaneWWINieu$NieuportN17
Initializing DirectSound playback device...
Primary buffer created.
Playback format is set : sampling rate = 22050, num channels = 2.
Not enought hardware buffers (0), hardware disabled
Buffer caps : Transfer rate = 0, CPU overhead = 0.
Default speaker config is : 1310724.
Direct sound audio device initialized successfully :
DX Version : 7
Hardware    - disabled [buffers : 0]
Extensions  - enabled :
  EAX ver. 1 [ ]  - disabled
  EAX ver. 2 [ ]  - disabled
  EAX ver. 3 [ ]  - disabled
  I3D ver. 2 [ ]  - disabled
  ZoomFX     [ ]  - disabled
  MacroFX    [ ]  - disabled
SIMD render [X]
num channels 32
Cannot open audio file samples/infinite 1

The game loads ok, I can get into QMB and fly different aircraft. So that works...

Ideas?

kingle92

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2017, 04:39:32 AM »

Hey Monty,

I have a small problem with the Albatros-AI. When I play "The coldest hell" the Albatros-AI is not able to take of, they speed up (about 50 km/h) but always stay on the ground. I am also just able to take of with chocks and full throttle. Why is that? :D

But great campaigns! Awakened my interest in WWI !

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2017, 07:11:04 AM »

No such issue here, AI and player are fine.  In fact the Albatros is the easiest plane to fly.  There may be something wrong in your settings.  Have you followed the advice from the Campaign intro page regarding proper FM settings for DOF?

kingle92

« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2017, 07:50:19 AM »

No such issue here, AI and player are fine.  In fact the Albatros is the easiest plane to fly.  There may be something wrong in your settings.  Have you followed the advice from the Campaign intro page regarding proper FM settings for DOF?

After I updated to BATEP11 the problem disappeared...strange :D Don't know what was wrong before...sorry for the waste of time :D

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2017, 08:31:01 AM »

Not a waste of time at all.  Modding is a strange and fickle business.  Glad to hear its running right again.  8)

gmkump

« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2017, 11:14:14 PM »

Monty, your campaigns are a heck of a lot of fun.  And I do appreciate the time you spend in setting up the static objects, it really is classic.  Of course, I was the star of the Paris show!  The crowds loved me, though I did almost clip the Eifel Tower.  Had a blast and it wasn't even a combat scenario!

It really feels like one is participating in the history of flight, excellent campaigns. 

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2017, 08:44:26 PM »

Monty, your campaigns are a heck of a lot of fun.  And I do appreciate the time you spend in setting up the static objects, it really is classic.  Of course, I was the star of the Paris show!  The crowds loved me, though I did almost clip the Eifel Tower.  Had a blast and it wasn't even a combat scenario!

It really feels like one is participating in the history of flight, excellent campaigns.
Thanks gmkump

Its always a good feeling when someone else 'gets it'.

Currently completing the Dawn of Flight WWI package.  Hungarian and more Italian scenarios added.  Everything re-jigged, many fixes, signal flares added, briefings corrected, additional scenery and vehicles.  There are FIFTY campaigns altogether and I have also revived the PDF "Campaign Companion".  The whole package will be in one piece and is on its way very shortly.

gmkump

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2017, 09:03:38 PM »

Monty, can you give GB 1918_RECKONING a look?  Something strange.

The first mission you fly as gb0101, and you are assigned an Avro 504 HD.  The mission says balloon bust and it states balloons are at primary markers, of which is true.

Only problem is that they are Ally balloons!  When you shoot them all down, you get a "Mission Complete", but you get only credited for shooting down friendlies, i.e. negative score.

Also, the mission notes at end of briefing discuss how to take off with a DVIII on wet grass, which is the German Fokker aircraft, which would want to shoot those balloons down. 

That wasn't all, when I hit apply it hung, but it allowed me to go to main screen.  When I went back to campaign panel, it showed 3 missions completed!!!  Whoa, I just did one.  Just something up with my pc probably.

Anyway, seems a bit confusing for Avro aircraft to be shooting down ally balloons.  I'm sure there is a court martial being discussed.

Probably one of the fixes you have already noticed.  Oh, and that is some pretty lousy weather for missions!  What are they thinking!  Give us chaps a break!

gmkump

« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »

Monty, sorry for wasting time if you already know about issues I bump into.  Wonder if there is a better thread somewhere else to post?

Anyway, campaign RN 1915 GALLIPOLI, 2nd mission is to attack ground target with two other planes to assist.  Primary Marker for ground target.  However, when I take off, the 1st mission Primary Markers are there again at those same balloons I previously shot down, and no friendly aircraft in sight.  So I shoot balloons again and remove Primary Markers.  Hmm...  This doesn't jive with the mission and seems to be left overs from mission #1, unless I'm totally wonkers and just don't get it.

PS:  Loved the battle raging on the beach and those horse teams pulling cannon at the pier was really a nice touch.  You show off a lot of folks work in your campaigns.  I need to pay attention to the mission and stop gawking at everything else, but can't help it.

Looking forward to Part 2 and updates to Part 1.  They are being played!!!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2017, 06:24:32 AM »

Monty, sorry for wasting time if you already know about issues I bump into.  Wonder if there is a better thread somewhere else to post?

Anyway, campaign RN 1915 GALLIPOLI, 2nd mission is to attack ground target with two other planes to assist.  Primary Marker for ground target.  However, when I take off, the 1st mission Primary Markers are there again at those same balloons I previously shot down, and no friendly aircraft in sight.  So I shoot balloons again and remove Primary Markers.  Hmm...  This doesn't jive with the mission and seems to be left overs from mission #1, unless I'm totally wonkers and just don't get it.

PS:  Loved the battle raging on the beach and those horse teams pulling cannon at the pier was really a nice touch.  You show off a lot of folks work in your campaigns.  I need to pay attention to the mission and stop gawking at everything else, but can't help it.

Looking forward to Part 2 and updates to Part 1.  They are being played!!!

Thanks mate, currently repackaging the entire set - 52 campaigns - Added Signal Flares, more Randomisers, more Italians and Hungarians, more Sopwith Strutters etc. 

Anyone wishing to preview that work may view the PDFs in advance from here:
DOF
https://www.mediafire.com/?unixs2756uvbt8q
SCW
https://www.mediafire.com/file/?n7k3fajvivcltj1

Will check out Gallipoli 2 again, recently flew that campaign in testing, beefed up the ammo trains and put Signal Flares on the boats.

From the briefing:
"Your aircraft will be joined by two other Schneiders, from the cruisers Dories and Minerva.  They are flying a similar patrol route, so keep an eye on them and try to work together." 

The AI aircraft takeoff and proceed about their flightplan.  It is up to you to look out for them and join up if you wish.  You will not be part of a three ship flight, if that's what you were thinking, they are independent.

Time to practice looking around, Padlock Friendly and a bit of formation flying on the AI.  As you know, I HATE the stupid Il2 'autopilot', which isn't, and there is a lot more about better flying methods in the new Campaign Companion.  A 50 page guide for DOF, there is also one for the SCW, almost ready...

Oh yes, and I added LIVE CREWS as well, so you get all the Spotter messages when you fly a multi crew aircraft.

gmkump

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2017, 08:53:21 AM »

1914_DEMARCATION campaign.

The Voisin III, I hate this plane.  It is what I'm assigned and have to live with it, but I have no guns and the gunner can't hit worth anything.  The best my gunner ever did was get one enemy recon aircraft smoking before running out of ammo, but didn't stop it from continuing on its mission.  And did I mention I got shot and killed from bombers three times!   They shoot back better.  Served my gunner right.  Got to mission #12 and still flying this thing! 

Anyway, the point to raise is you might want to check the AI planes waypoint altitudes.  Every mission they were consistently crashing into a wooded hill to the north-east of the airbase.  Sometimes one or two would survive, but it was always at least one that hit that hill.  I never knew how many planes would survive during each mission.   And rarely, seen twice, crash right after takeoff.

Those that did not crash, never attacked the enemy AI planes, ever.  Nor did the Enemy attack my Friendly AI planes.  Everyone ignored everyone, except if I attacked bombers, the gunners would become active.  That is about it.  Due to the plane I was flying, I was actually happy everyone was ignoring me, so I just enjoyed flying and getting back home safe.  I don't want to take this Voisin into combat with fighters.  Ever.  I would run if I could, but anything should be able to catch me. 

The map is great and it was pleasant going out on recon missions, which this plane is more suited to.  But as a fighter, oh please.

Loved it anyway, even with dead beat AIs, but I'm looking forward to flying something I can shoot with from the pilot's position!

So where is Part 2?  Just kidding, when it is done, it is done.  But I find myself checking every few hours every day, between Part 1 missions that is.

PS:  On the final mission of the campaign, I finally shot down a bomber with that Voisin III!  I got to about 800 meters or so, auto-leveler, told my gunner to sit down and shut up, and shot at the bombers myself.  Just before running out of ammo one of the bombers exploded, and I was awarded credit.  Oh my, after all this just waving at bombers, that felt good.  Especially in a Voisin III.  Should have done that much earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.