Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: War Over Italy - a DCG campaign for C.U.P.  (Read 20559 times)

blackshark

Re: War Over Italy - a DCG campaign for C.U.P.
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 02:23:30 AM »

this weekend i will start the campaign ... big thank you for your efforts; now the big question: with which plane to start the campaign ? spit or p47 or 109 ... tomorrow the decision :-)

two more question, if I can.

i am not an expert of italy air campaign, but i would have liked the possibility to use the mustangs too; but i am not sure they were usde in italy; just to understand how dgc works, it would be a problem to add mustangs in the campaign or substitute maybe p39 with them ?

second question: how it works with mission failing and death ? i mean can i in dcg select "no instant success" as in dgen to go on with the following mission even if i was not able to achieve the objective ?
and if as a pilot I will be killed, what will happen ? the campaign stops and i have to restart it from the beginning ? or i can continue with the following mission as a different pilot ? or the same pilot ? or i could or MUST refly tha mission ? and what happen to the player statistics ?

as i told you it's my first dcg so if you can answer my question i would appreciate it

thank you again

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 04:09:09 PM »

The P-51 was in Italy, and is in this campaign. It was not available until 1944, so the P-40 squadron gets P-51Ds when you transition from the Gustav Line sub-campaign to the Gothic Line sub-campaign. That being said, you can change any squadron's aircraft with the squadron editor (remember to generate a new mission for the change to take). Let me know if you want more info on how to do that.

Yes, you can use the "no instant success" setting to allow you to continue in the event you fail the objective or are killed. I use it (I die rather easily and frequently in IL-2) and recommend it. At the end of the mission you will get a debriefing statement saying "You had a premonition of death..." and you will continue.  I should put that in the readme as well. There is another DCG setting to be aware of regarding getting yourself killed (note that I have a lot of experience getting killed). On the main menu the Options dropdown has a check box for "Reset Stats on Death." If this is checked, all of your kills will disappear if you die, even if you continue via the "no instant success" option. Perhaps this is like cheating at solitaire, but I uncheck that box so that my kill statistics remain.

blackshark

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 02:02:15 AM »

thank you for your inputs

well this morning i made some tests before starting my "career", it would be a very long one, so i make test to start the right way with difficult options etc, so i would have some more questions ...

- i had some lags with "Squadron Density=heavy" but following you suggestion i changed it to "moderate" and no lags at all, so there will be many less planes on air ? and also in dogfight battles?

- when i start the engines i notice there is Always the message "MISSION COMPLETE Primary Target Complete"; what's the meaning of that ?

- i tried the husky with p47, i tried as 1lieutenant, captain and colonel, but with all of them i start as the last on the strip for takeoff and i notices that with TAB i do not have the possibility to give orders to other planes (order commands are grey, i just could use the last W-bandit, anyone help me, etc), how to be able to command a group pf planes ?

- i die very often too, so i unchecked the "stats reset on Death", but i have to reply the mission, i suppose that is correct, or is there the possibility to go on with "apply" (without refly) ?

well, about your answer on p40 and p51, i am very happy because i like those planes very much, so because the campaigns go automatically from husky go gothic etc, with which plane should i start husky to go automatically with p40 when i arrive go gustav-gothic ?
or is there the possibility to start directly with p40 in gustav ?

and yes, if you have the time i would appreciate to know more about the possibility to change the suqdron Aircraft eith the squadron editor (but i think i will follow your planes settings anyway).

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 12:45:16 PM »

Yes, lowering the squadron density will mean fewer planes in the air. I do not think it will have a major impact on your gameplay. You may have fewer targets (like large bomber formations), but I think playability has to be the important thing.

"MISSION COMPLETE Primary Target Complete" just means that you do not have to succeed in your mission to continue, per the "No instant success" setting.

I am surprised that you are not in charge of the squadron at a high rank. I do not know why that would be. To force the issue, check "Squadron Management" in the Options tab of the DCG main menu (remember to generate a mission). This way you will be squadron leader regardless of your rank.

I apologize but I made a mistake about the P-40/P-51. I just looked at the game files and the P-40 and P-51 are in the missions but are not user-selectable. I don't know what the heck I was thinking; I had intended to put them in all along. I will fix this, test, and post a fix.

To select the P-51 (or any plane for that matter) for your squadron, open the Squadron Editor by selecting Edit--> Squadron (this screen is from the Hankow campaign but WOI will work the same):

Select your squadron (note that the label above the field will say (Unit: Player Squadron"). Choose the new plane you want for the squadron in the Aircraft option field. Optionally, you can choose a particular skin for the squadron to use. As always, generate a new mission.

blackshark

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 03:13:51 PM »

ok per P-40/P51, I am very happy that i can use them in your woi

when you say to change in the editor (squadron management options etc) and then generate a mission to "get" the new settting, doeis it mean that it will change the DCG already started too or i have to start a new one after the change ?

and about the "stats reset on Death" (that i unchecked) do I have to refly the mission or is there the possibility to go on to the following mission with "apply" (without refly) ?

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »

ok per P-40/P51, I am very happy that i can use them in your woi

when you say to change in the editor (squadron management options etc) and then generate a mission to "get" the new settting, doeis it mean that it will change the DCG already started too or i have to start a new one after the change ?

and about the "stats reset on Death" (that i unchecked) do I have to refly the mission or is there the possibility to go on to the following mission with "apply" (without refly) ?
RE stats reset on death, to continue on simply exit game, open DCG, generate mission then relaunch game. Now you should see the next mission flyable. 

Of course your pilot will start with the lowest rank and zero stats. However that's the cool feature of DCG; it makes surviving more worthwhile because eventually as your pilot scores kills and survives missions his rank will increase and there's that sense of accomplishment during the campaign.

S
wind

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 05:35:25 PM »

@blackshark,

It will change the currently active campaign (the one for which the mission is generated).

blackshark

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 01:59:29 PM »

hi,

i beg your pardon, but i think there is something that i do not understand the right way.

so, to manage the squadron i did the following steps:
1) i started DCG program -> options - checked "Squadron management"
2) from the same screen clicked on "generate" to generate a new mission -> mission generated
3) started il2-cup
4) selected a new husky campaign-p47-colonel (default difficulty)
5) clicked on "generate" on that screen

6) il2 present the first mission briefing and the list of the active pilots; i am not in that list
7) click to start and i was on my p47 plane, the last on the strip and with the TAB command all grey (so that means that i cannot command anyone ...)

so what wrong ? i selected colonel so i should be able to command the squadron, is that correct ?

i am sorry to ask every day but i am not able to start my campaign as i should ....

and one more question: may you please tell me if you think you can fix the p40-p51 problem in a short time (so i would wait to start the campaign with them) or later (in that case i would start anyway with a different plane)

thank you very much for your kind attention

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 10:27:15 PM »

Your process to ensure leading the squad sounds correct.  I will do some experiments myself and figure this out.

I expect to have the P-40/P-51 campaign available on M4T about one week from today. Much of that time is testing, so if you want to test along with me I can post files here for temporary download. I could have that available around Saturday morning US  Pacific Time.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 08:32:52 PM »

Hi vonofterdingen!

Should I make your DCG CUP campaigns threads sticky
so they become more prominent?  ;)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 08:38:04 PM »

That would be good, although  Lonestar and others are making DCG campaigns. I would want them to be able to include their campaigns in wthe sticky as well if that is possible.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 08:46:32 PM »

Set them sticky.

I would want them to be able to include their campaigns in wthe sticky as well..
what exactly do you mean with this?
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 30 queries.