Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reupload of fabianfreds OJ (Okinawa & Japan) Map. (post #2)  (Read 3741 times)

Sharkzz

Hello world  8)
I have a map called OJ but don't know where it is and what theatre it is in PTO or MTO or -----?
also couldn't find the map in map works. as I have been stuffing my map folder with maps and of cause forgot to be "on the ball" so I deleted my All ini, now I am re inserting map load names back into it. so many maps so little all ini entries. ahhhhhhhh oh the pain, oh the pain...
thanks
~S~
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
Re: MAP OJ
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 07:14:20 PM »

OJ means Okinawa & Japan map, was made
back in the days by fabianfred and linked at AAA,
so all credit goes to him.  ;)

Although the thread is lost here is the dl link by fabianfred:
http://www.4shared.com/account/file/53672946/645c3ab4/OJextraIsland.html

alternate mediafire link by me:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/hp55ec48cazbyc7/OJ%26extraIsland.rar

maps all.ini entry is:
OJ     OJ/load.ini

give it a try.

btw: this was the text of post #1 in fabianfreds thread at AAA:

Read me for OJ map ...(Okinawa & Japan)

I tried making this map as an experiment a couple of months ago...... in 3:4 scale, the same as my Thailand map...... but after one time it wouldn't load anymore...

So two days ago I made this one in 1:2 scale (the same as Canon's Channel map), since I was slowing down a bit on the finalisation of my Thailand map to see if I got any comments from the people who had downloaded it.

I had to lower the height of the landscape to match the half-scale...otherwise it looked too bumpy and like something out of Lord of the Rings.
So don't complain that Mount Fuji is only 2,000 m. whereas it should be nearly 4,000 m.

I used the same actors static as my Thailand map, knowing that Japan was also a rice-growing nation, and the flora and fauna are similar. I did alter a few things in it though and it still needs some adjustment to get the textures right.

I have done nothing to the map apart from putting a single airstrip at Okinawa....there are a couple of other basic strips somewhere in the Korean coast...just left there to allow initial map saving.

I started yesterday to tuck the edge of the landscape back in to sea level....I worked from the coastline near Mount Fuji ...moving along the coastline to the left all the time....and I got as far as Kagoshima....so the rest of the coastline still has holes where you can see under it from sea level. None of the islands have been done yet ( a mammoth task) apart from Okinawa.

I made the 2D maps the same way as I did for the Thailand map...using google maps terrain version...so all the physical features on the map match those on the 3D landscape.

There is a simple tourist mission included in the Ubisoft folder...to try out and see the landscape. (I made it flying a P40...but the fuel ran out in Tokyo...so I changed it to a P38...better cockpit view and more fuel range).

IMHO the best thing about Japan are all the islands, which are a delight to the eye, especially in the Inland sea.

My own all.ini file is in the MODS/MAPMODS/maps folder...but if you want to add the lines to your own then just add .... OJ OJ/load.ini

There are of course no strange objects upon the map...so there shouldn't be any static.ini problems.

You are free to alter, adjust, change, modify, etc. etc. to carry on from where I have left the map in its present state....just give me a little credit in small print at the end.....

Fabianfred

i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

Sharkzz

Re: MAP OJ
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 07:32:16 PM »

G'day Gerax and THANKS ! m8. big help .
regards
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
Re: reupload of Map OJ (Okinawa & Japan) by FabianFred (post #2)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 07:14:17 AM »

header edited and moved to MapWorx/PTO.
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.