Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: I just got Reshade/SweetFX working in OpenGL...  (Read 136916 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: I just got Reshade/SweetFX working in OpenGL...
« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2017, 10:05:43 AM »

You can select a renderer in Reshade assistant?
Where?
Never seen that.
I can select a thousand things in there, but not the renderer.
Wouldn't make a difference anyway.
In the end you copy the "ReShade32.dll" file to your game and call it "opengl32.dll", that's what makes Reshade intercept the OpenGL renderer of IL-2.
The "Reshade Assistant"'s sole property is to setup a profile with the shaders of your choice and their regarding settings.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

nelsonluis7

« Reply #169 on: March 02, 2017, 10:28:23 AM »

Thanks Mike!!

Yes, in the initial screen of the assistant appears the option to select d38, d39, d311 and OpenGL. But clicking in the options that aren't highlighted does nothing (if I remember it correctly  ;D).
I am at work now but in the evening I will try to post a screenshot.

Anyway, I will do it as you recommend.

Regards

P.S.: my mistake. As you say, there is no way to select the renderer. Nevertheless, I followed your instructions and it is working perfectly. Thanks :)

hazeuk

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2017, 07:23:45 AM »

will reshade crash my computer (mean blue screen of death) intel graphics 4000 and 4 gb ram

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2017, 07:32:49 AM »

It will actually eat it.
In one big chunk.

Catch it, wash it and finally eat it.

Best regards - Mike

brokenshadows

« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2017, 01:58:24 PM »

Mouseuse=1
That will fix it, but with side effects.

Stupid question, but in which file do i change mouseuse=1?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #173 on: May 25, 2017, 12:27:07 AM »

That's in conf.ini ([rts] section) inside your IL-2 game folder.

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2017, 09:12:32 AM »

Would someone please give a set detailed install instructions for this? It would seem this has progressed over some time and I would love to try it.

Thank you. :)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2017, 09:00:09 AM »

Okay, I'll try...

First off, forget about the latest official ReShade release.
Since ReShade 3.0 there's a bug that will create an all-transparent invisible sphere around your viewpoint that is much larger than IL-2's default sphere e.g. applying in cockpits, resulting in "see-through" effects, misplacement of views etc.
The latest ReShade version working well with IL-2 is the latest ReShade 2.0 version, which is ReShade 2.0.3f1, mirrored for download here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s8lnxx24tdrx4qg/ReShade_2.0.3f1.7z

Installation:
  • Extract all contents of the 7z file to your IL-2 game folder.
  • Copy "ReShade32.dll" to "opengl32.dll".

Configuration:

Run "ReShade Assistant.exe" in your IL-2 game folder.
On the first start, the EULA will appear in an editor window, you can just close it after reading and understanding the contents:

You will start in the "Assistant Settings" by default thereafter. I recommend to leave this untouched.

Switch to the "Profiles" tab now.
You can work with multiple profiles if you want, in that case click the "+" icon above "Default" and create a new profile.
Or you can just work with that Default profile by left-clicking it.

After selecting the profile of your choice (or default), to the left of the "Profiles" tab a new "Profile Settings" will appear.
Click on it.
Here you can setup a couple of global settings for your profile, e.g. a toggle key to enable/disable ReShade at runtime and the Screenshot key.
Yes, ReShade has it's own builtin Screenshot mechanism which - in my point of view - works much better and faster than IL-2's screenshots, and it has more output options, e.g. it can create lossless compressed png screenshots.
I'd recommend to change the Screenshot key here, as per default ReShade and IL-2 will use the same key, which in the end will result in randomly one or the other creating screenshots when you press it.
My personal setting is png screenshots, F11 as ReShade Toggle key (that is keycode "122" for ReShade) and F12 as screenshot key (keycode "123"):
Furthermore, since IIRC IL-2 doesn't support it (and I don't use it), I'm disabling the depth linearization (set to "0"):

After applying your settings, I'd recommend to save your settings here for the first time.
The reason is: The ReShade Assistant can sometimes react quite surprisingly, especially when you edit the shaders.
If that happens, the best thing to do is to just exit the ReShade Assistant without saving, then re-enter it again and proceed from your last "Save" point.

In order to save settings, first click "Save" and then immediately "Confirm":

Now it's time to switch to the "Presets" tab. Once again, you can create your own preset or just edit the "Default" one:

Once the Preset has been selected, switch to the "Shaders" tab.
Here you can enable/disable Shaders of your choice.
Personally I am using these Shaders:
  • VIBRANCE - CeeJay
  • LUMASHARPEN - CeeJay
  • BLOOM - CeeJay
  • HDR - CeeJay

Once again, after selecting Shaders, I recommend to save settings.

Now it's time to adjust Shader Settings.
To do so, left-click right beside the name of an activated Shader.
This is when ReShade Assistant acts strange for me, e.g. it looks like this (selects multiple lines at once):

It doesn't matter much as long as the correct line is selected for real, which you can see because it's font will turn bold.
Switch to the "Shader Settings" tab now.
For the VIBRANCE shader I have toned down blue from 1.0 to 0.95:

Shader Settings done? Time to save!!!

Go back to the "Shaders" tab, select the next Shader and switch back to the "Shader Settings" again.
The next Shader in my list is LUMASHARPEN.
Here I have increased the "sharp strength" significantly from default value "0.65" to "1.50" and I have increased "sharp_clamp" from default "0.035" to "0.235":

Save Settings -> Back to Shaders -> Next Shader (BLOOM) -> Shader Settings.
Here I have increased the "BloomThreshold" value from default "20.25" to "22.25":

Save Settings -> Back to Shaders -> Next Shader (HDR) -> Shader Settings.
Here I have decreased HDRPower from default "1.30" to "1.20" and radius2 from default "0.87" to "0.85":

Save Settings (don't forget to click "Confirm"!!!), close ReShade Assistant and you're basically done.

One last step I would recommend is to create an empty file "opengl32.log" in your IL-2 folder and make it read-only.
The reason is that ReShade will try to create that log file and flood it with megabytes of useless repetive false errors.

Last but not least, here you can find the whole stuff including my settings, all ready and prepared just to drop into your IL-2 game folder, ready to go, with F11 as ReShade Toggle key, F12 as ReShade screenshot key and all shader settings set as shown above.
Note that since these settings use the "Default" profile, you will see a yellow warning message from ReShade when it first kicks in, that's because ReShade wants to be bound to a specific app (exe file) and usually uses the "Default" profile for fallback only. But that doesn't make a difference in using it.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/59h45i8paklydgj/ReShade_2.0.3f1_with_Storebror_Settings_2017-10-30.7z

Best regards - Mike

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2017, 09:06:37 AM »

WOW! Thank you. I'll try to get it installed.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

PA_Willy

« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2017, 01:19:13 PM »

Wow! Thank you for this impressive tutorial.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2017, 04:40:09 AM »

For the sake of completeness, this is what you need to do if your game is running in DirectX mode.

First off, make sure you really need to run the game in DirectX mode (usually you won't, it's only really necessary for players bound to use their CPU-integrated Intel HD graphics).
If you really need to use DirectX mode, check that your conf.ini is properly configured: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,9756.msg632271.html#msg632271

Then, basically you follow the gide for OpenGL posted 3 posts before, but Instead of Installation step 2...
Copy "ReShade32.dll" to "opengl32.dll".
...you need to copy "ReShade32.dll" to "d3d9.dll".

Now that ReShade is DirectX 9 and IL-2 is DirectX8, you need to add a "translator", called "d3d8to9".
The latest binaries can be found here: https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases
You download the newest dll file and put it into your IL-2 game folder, right beside the "d3d9.dll" file you've just created when "installing" ReShade.

Then please follow the configuration guide posted 3 posts before, it's the same thing for both DirectX and OpenGL.

Finally, instead of...
One last step I would recommend is to create an empty file "opengl32.log" in your IL-2 folder and make it read-only.
The reason is that ReShade will try to create that log file and flood it with megabytes of useless repetive false errors.
...please do the same but with an empty file "d3d9.log".

If you use my ReShade sample with settings (https://www.mediafire.com/file/59h45i8paklydgj/ReShade_2.0.3f1_with_Storebror_Settings_2017-10-30.7z), please rename "opengl32.dll" to "d3d9.dll", rename "opengl32.log" to "d3d9.log" and download the latest d3d8.dll from https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases and put it into your IL-2 game folder.

Best regards - Mike

baggo

« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2017, 05:02:23 PM »

thanks for this mike,tried your settings really liked them,then i found i had the open sea problem you had earlier in this thread, tried your cure and got rid of every shader that wasnt CeeJays in the cfg pipeline and bingo working brill, really pleased,many thanks mike for this and all the other stuff you do,i cant do but i can say THANK YOU.......kev.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 26 queries.