Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Air Dropped Sea Mines v2.0 Updated 13/05/15 - Ready to DL  (Read 34334 times)

Dreamk

• Modder
Re: Air Dropped Sea Mines - Ready to DL
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2015, 11:42:51 AM »

I found the cause of the crash in 4.10 - it's simply that the class.file Explosions in 4.10 does not include the method for Torpedo explosion introduced in 4.12, as well as its associated effects files (eff)

public static void torpedoEnter_Water(Point3d point3d, float f, float f1)
    {
        if(!Config.isUSE_RENDER())
        {
            return;
        } else
        {
            o.set(0.0F, 90F, 0.0F);
            l.set(point3d, o);
            Eff3DActor.New(l, 1.0F, "effects/Explodes/Torpedo/Fontain.eff", f);
            Eff3DActor.New(l, 1.0F, "effects/Explodes/Torpedo/Fontain2.eff", f);
            Eff3DActor.New(l, 1.0F, "effects/Explodes/Torpedo/Fontain3.eff", f);
            Eff3DActor.New(l, 1.0F, "effects/Explodes/Torpedo/Fontain4.eff", f);
            o.set(0.0F, 0.0F, 0.0F);
            l.set(point3d, o);
            ExplodeSurfaceWave(1, 20F, 3F);
            return;
        }
    }

To bypass this problem would need to put the 4.12 explosions file and ALL its associated files (not only the torpedo effects) in the 4.10 mods folder - Epervier, if you want to try.....

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »

DreamK, have plans for mine capable B-29? So we can mine the Japanese Kanto region harbours?

HotelAlpha

• F.A.C #7
  • Modder
  • Tactical dominance is key
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 03:21:16 PM »

MMm the Zapatones looks real nice DreamK! 
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics" -Sydney Camm

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2015, 05:31:05 PM »

Darko, put this in your Mods folder - it contains a new cod file that adds 2 kind of mines (20 Mk25 parachute mine and 20 Mk13 no para) to the current array of the B-29.
https://www.mediafire.com/download/kja8pg9scgzg6o9/B_29newArray.7z
Remember to fly slow and low - so your mines will not scatter too much and create an efficient mine field at teh entrance of the harbour.
Enjoy!
P.S. if after adding the B_29 folder with the Cod file, the QMB displays for B-29 weapons array only "default" and "empty", just select another plane then select once again the B-29 and its full new array will display - it's a well known bug that occurs sometimes, the first time you run the game after you have changed the weapons array of an existing plane.

Mono27

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2015, 04:43:25 AM »

Thanks Epervier! I forgot to install the Swordfish Mk.II.  That was the problem, now it works fine  ;D

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2015, 03:35:54 AM »

Thank you for this mod, which adds very immersive options and mission opportunities to the game ! I think it deserves in the future to become a real extension of seaplanes and naval airplanes loadouts... By the way, I was wondering if influence mines could have an effect on submerged submarines, as they seem to cruise at a very low depth (periscope depth) ?

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2015, 03:52:28 AM »

These mines will detonate whenever submarines are in the proximity (they are a kind of "ShipGeneric" and both "ShipGeneric" and "BigShipGeneric" activate these mines) - however Il2 does not modelize the under-sea level (thus I had to develop a virtual approach when writing the java methods for these mines) - and in fact the submarine exist only when they are at periscope depth - if you have a periscope you have a submarine and the mine can explode and damage/destroy it. However, it's worthy to note that the dimensions of the collision box over the periscope are generally too small and deserve to be changed in order to reflect the whole hull dimensions of the submarine, so we can have a more realistic activation/ damage to submarines.

BTW I'll upload in the coming days an update to this mod, with corrected damage radius for the various mines (there were some inconsistencies between them, so I remade all the calculations to harmonize them, and changed in accordance the radius values in each mine if necessary. The update will also include cod files for a wide number of planes - so you'll no longer need to install special "mine laying planes" but planes in the game having this capacity will have them added to their current array, as I have done with the B-29.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2015, 11:02:54 AM »

Great job, DreamK! You are expanding the scope of the game, adding a whole new dimension!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »

That's good news !

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2015, 03:35:56 PM »

sorry all i have not had time to test these, and finding the above comments a bit misleading. Could someone tell me if these work correctly in 4.10 please?

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2015, 04:06:47 PM »

sorry all i have not had time to test these, and finding the above comments a bit misleading. Could someone tell me if these work correctly in 4.10 please?

No it does not work - not yet.

This is the problem....
DreamK said,

I found the cause of the crash in 4.10 - it's simply that the class.file Explosions in 4.10 does not include the method for Torpedo explosion introduced in 4.12, as well as its associated effects files (eff)

public static void torpedoEnter_Water(Point3d point3d, float f, float f1)
    {
        if(!Config.isUSE_RENDER())
        {
            return;
        } else
        {
            o.set(0.0F, 90F, 0.0F);
            l.set(point3d, o);
            Eff3DActor.New(l, 1.0F, "effects/Explodes/Torpedo/Fontain.eff", f);
            Eff3DActor.New(l, 1.0F, "effects/Explodes/Torpedo/Fontain2.eff", f);
            Eff3DActor.New(l, 1.0F, "effects/Explodes/Torpedo/Fontain3.eff", f);
            Eff3DActor.New(l, 1.0F, "effects/Explodes/Torpedo/Fontain4.eff", f);
            o.set(0.0F, 0.0F, 0.0F);
            l.set(point3d, o);
            ExplodeSurfaceWave(1, 20F, 3F);
            return;
        }
    }

To bypass this problem would need to put the 4.12 explosions file and ALL its associated files (not only the torpedo effects) in the 4.10 mods folder - Epervier, if you want to try.....

Now we test some more until it will fit inside 4.09 and 4.10 game version!

... If we do not succeed in this test... we shall sacrífice a female Virgin to the gods on the volcano mountain !
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2015, 05:10:16 PM »

Planes show up ingame DBW, but impact of ordonance causes CTD.
Please referr to my last Post's Log or Max's.
To answer your question:
Nope, planes do not work correctly...
Kind Regards
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 25 queries.