Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Diesel-Electric Locomotive Lima D311A & B - v1.2  (Read 12681 times)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Dual Diesel-Electric Locomotive Lima D311A & B - v1.2
« on: April 23, 2015, 02:47:58 AM »

Original Mod in HSFX6 !
All credits to Margot & HSFX Team !
Skins by Greif11
Multi-fix by wcat

Dual Diesel-Electric Locomotive Lima D311A & B

The D311 loco sets were used during construction of the heavy railway guns, to move the guns into place along curved tracks that were used to aim the guns, and to provide power required to load and operate the guns.  The locomotive sets had to be powerful enough to move the extremely heavy gun sets and had to operate in a combat environment (i.e., without the benefit of overhead electric power and without smoke/steam plumes that would give away camouflaged locations).

version 1.2m
- change the front lights of the Lima "A" (mesh by DT/4.13.1)
- add back lights of the Lima "B" (mesh by DT/4.13.1)
- adaptation of the code (code base DT/4.13.1)
- fix collisions boxes
- By wcat
     - Reduced scale to fit other models of railway equipment.
     - Fixed hooks docking locomotives.
     - Slightly corrected skins.
     - add shadows.

version 1.1
- added trains-light (Java classes and effects by Epervier (borrowed to the idea and realization of the Lokomotive light Mod by Stuka40))
     - Between 19h (7pm) and 06h (6am) = lights ON
     - If aircraft near = lights OFF

Link : https://www.mediafire.com/?c2tbn3ty6qgtfvq

Bons voyages !

If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

David Prosser

Re: Dual Diesel-Electric Locomotive Lima D311A & B - v1.1
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 02:57:17 AM »

Were these used in WWI? I'm working on a mission with these guns today.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 02:59:03 AM »

Thank you very very much!

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 03:03:49 AM »

WR D 311 - 2 were used (1941) on the 80cm railway guns. Also base of some post-war development.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrmachtslokomotive_D_311
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 04:19:13 AM »

Epervier do you know by chance if Hsfx 6 or 7 contain improved versions of the Leopold compared to the standalone mod available here that comes from hsfx 5?

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 04:47:27 AM »

I do not know if the HSFX version is better ... I doubt it!
The standalone version works fine in 409 ... to me that's the main!

David Prosser

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 09:27:16 PM »

Thanks for that info. The gun was duly destroyed by four  Russian Farmans.

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 09:31:23 PM »

Thanks

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »

Beautiful new train models.
Thank you Epervier and Margot & HSFX Team and all the creators of this fine machine for our little game!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

stellarmagic

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 11:15:28 AM »

WR D 311 - 2 were used (1941) on the 80cm railway guns. Also base of some post-war development.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrmachtslokomotive_D_311
80cm Railway guns, you mean they worked with the Schwerer Gustav then?

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here

Greif11

• Modder
  • Salty??....Just taste it
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 02:38:18 AM »

Krupp diesel electric locomotive

Krupp D311.01 a/b and D311.02 a/b with Krupp
Schwerer Gustav Railway Gun in Crimea during World War II

Diesel Electric Locomotive V 188

The class V 188 double locomotives (from 1968 on: class 288) enriched the motive power roster of the German Federal Railroad as exotic diesel electric units with a remarkable past. In 1939, Krupp had a contract to build two super cannons, which were the largest artillery cannons ever built: the railroad cannons "Dora" and "Schwerer Gustav 2" ("Heavy Gustaf 2") with an 80 cm / 31-1/2" caliber and a range of up to 47 km / 29 miles. In 1941, this contract was supplemented by another, somewhat smaller cannon with the name "Langer Gustav" ("Long Gustav"). Three trains were required to bring a giant cannon with a weight of around 1,350 metric tons to its emplacement. The Germany army ordered six double locomotives with diesel electric power transmission from Krupp to haul the train and to provide electrical power for setup and use of the immense cannons. Each type D 311 locomotive unit consisted of two close-coupled halves with rigid frames and four wheel sets. Each half had a 940 hp PS starker, turbo-charged six-cylinder series motor from MAN. This unit drove a DC generator, which in turn powered the four traction motors suspended from the axles. The electrical equipment for the locomotives came from the Siemens-Schuckert plant in Berlin. Engineer's cabs were only present on the outer ends of the "Twin Locomotives". The first two double locomotives, road nos. D 311.01A/B and 02A/B, were delivered in October of 1941; two more followed in August of 1942. It was not possible to build the last two unit as well as the third cannon, since Krupp's production facilities had been largely destroyed by air attacks. The first, totally oversized cannon built, "Dora" was only used once on the front at Sevastopol and was blown up in 1945 along with its sister cannon. Three of the four double locomotives did survive the war, and two of them were overhauled at Krauss-Maffei between 1948 and 1951. The DB assigned them the road numbers V 188 001a/b (former D 311.03A/B), V 188 002a/b (former D 133.04A/B), and V 188 003a/b (former D 311.02A/B). The last unit mentioned was not overhauled but was kept a long time for spare parts. The two overhauled locomotives were initially assigned to the Aschaffenburg District and were used there for pusher service on the Spessart grade between Laufach and Heigenbrücken. Starting in 1953 they were used somewhat less successfully to haul freight trains to Schweinfurt, Bamberg, and Dillenburg. The old MAN motors increasingly caused problems. The two locomotives were therefore equipped with new 1,000 hp (later 1,100 hp) Maybach motors by 1957/58 as well as new gear drives from Gmeinder. After that they worked excellently and were used by the end of 1958 in the Aschaffenburg District, then in the Gemünden District, and from 1967/68 on in the Bamberg District in heavy freight service. After sustaining great damages the two war veterans had to be retired on September 25, 1969 (288 001) and on June 15, 1972 (288 002) as part of the general program to rationalize the motive power. Later they were scrapped.

BRGDS Andrew
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 25 queries.