Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 30&50cal Sounds for C.U.P.  (Read 6244 times)

Catahoulak9

• Modder
30&50cal Sounds for C.U.P.
« on: April 20, 2015, 09:42:36 AM »

These are .30 & .50 cal sounds I've adapted for C.U.P. They are ready to install with JSGME. The interior files are stereo with un-synchronized L & R channels to enhance the effect of multiple guns firing. Please feel free to improve on them and post back what you come up with.

Updated 04/23/15

https://www.mediafire.com/download/cqh6ob2mukunjhg/#WAW_Gun_Sounds_50&30_cal_by_Catahoulak9_v2.rar

GeorgeCostanza

• Always in an Awkward Situation
  • George Costanza's the name dropin bombs is my game
Re: 30&50cal Sounds for C.U.P.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 04:06:24 AM »

Awesome work man, I'm installing this right away!
GFX: 2 x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ~~~~ CPU: Intel i9-7900X 20 Core 3.3GHz  ~~~~ RAM: 32GB DDR ~~~~ STX: Thrustmaster HOTAS-X

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 08:12:41 AM »

Thanks for sharing!

Draken

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 09:57:21 AM »

Thanks !

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 02:06:10 PM »

I tried it, but as per normal,  I do not have it installed correctly because I do not get any change in 50's sounds to anything like you have.

I tried all American aircraft with 50's & they all still  sound weird with the over done cockpit shakes and loud creaking sounds like pulling out of a max stress dive. for that reason I never fly American aircraft in WAW

I assume that the top link above is the corrected link.  would you mind a bit of detail  in the installation?

I'm just doing WAW only.   

A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

Aviar

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 04:56:07 PM »

I tried it, but as per normal,  I do not have it installed correctly because I do not get any change in 50's sounds to anything like you have.

I tried all American aircraft with 50's & they all still  sound weird with the over done cockpit shakes and loud creaking sounds like pulling out of a max stress dive. for that reason I never fly American aircraft in WAW

I assume that the top link above is the corrected link.  would you mind a bit of detail  in the installation?

I'm just doing WAW only.   

PapaG39,

Would you mind if I tried to help you? You may just have a small issue with the folder structure.

If you unzipped (do not unzip it into your jsgmemods folder) the mod like I did, you came up with a folder named '#WAW_Gun Sounds 50&30 cal by catahoulak9 v2'.  If you double-click on that folder you will get another folder named exactly the same.

Take this SECOND folder and either Move or Copy it into your jsgmemods folder. Then activate this mod in the usual manner. See if that works for you.

Aviar
Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz + Asus Z97-C Motherboard + 16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz + NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB + Creative SB ZX SBX + Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers + 27" AOC LED - 2752 + Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard + CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals + Logitech G13 Gameboard + GoFlight GF-T8 Module + WIN 8.1

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 07:48:03 PM »

Avair...thank you for being so polite..ha ha

I have a HUGE issue with files and folders.. I always seem to get it wrong especially when there are to many words & not just a specific direct and to the point
install procedure on where to put something.

Ha ha & I did the very thing that you did plus I also got tangled up in the SAS or some such folder..

Well, that worked ..  The 50's are a bit more loud & at least more loud then the creaking and groaning of that rendition of metal fatigue...ha ha   

thank you.
A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:56 AM »

PapaG, I'm sorry you had trouble getting this to work. I hope Aviar was able to get you going. I've cleaned up my original post and rezipped the mod to get rid of the double folder. It can be unzipped directly to the jsgmemods folder now.

I totally agree with you on the groaning and squealing stress sounds that accompany the 50s when fired with a closed cockpit now. There's some echo effect added, which I like, but the overstress sounds are way too overdone for my taste. I think this is part of the C.U.P. install, so it may be something that Tiger's sound mod is adding. Does anyone know where this came from?

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »

Yeah Catahoulak9...I got them working just fine...thank you.

I agree with you in that the creaking sounds are a bit over done...  The il2 sounds are really in need of a complete make over and have been for a long time.

The basic problem, as I see it, is that the game has become so full of different aircraft that it would most likely be a nightmare to really re-do sounds
that would do justice to all aircraft. 

I would be willing to help someone sort through them, but I would be more detrimental in solving any problems then helpful.. 

I don't know one file from another and would have to learn from the ground up  how they all fit together...ha ha...like, how to get a gun to shoot with
the proper loudness plus wind & aircraft noise then have it all come together in a likeable sound because I know that no matter what you did some would bitch & moan
about one thing or another....   

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 07:24:29 PM »

Ironic isn't it. The very first IL2 mod was a sound mod.

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 10:44:51 AM »

If you do not want to hear the stock CUP stress sound effects that play when firing 50cals in a closed cockpit, download this Stress.prs file:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/86vc033u8d868zp/Stress.prs

and copy it to the sounds folder in the !SAS_Engine_Mod folder of your CUP installation located in this path:
\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 CUP(Your Cup Installation)\#WAW\!SAS_Engine_Mod\presets\sounds\Stress.prs

No more squeeking, creaking, squealing & groaning every time you fire your 50s! To restore the old effects, just deleat this Stress.prs file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 29 queries.