Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FrankenChina  (Read 1728 times)

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
FrankenChina
« on: April 12, 2015, 03:15:01 AM »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I've loaded a new Mission to the Server, named "FrankenChina". So, what's special about that?
Well, in this mission, which is originally from =CfC=Conky ("China '44 Mission 1"), are some features of MDS activated we haven't been using so far on our Server.
For example:
  • If you get killed in this mission, you will have to wait for a certain amount of time before you can refly. The more you die, the longer you have to wait
  • If you want to RRR, please take care that you stay close to the workshop. Like in real life too, it takes longer for mechanics to RRR your plane if they have to carry all the stuff to the runway.
  • Ressources are activated. That means there is not an unlimited amount of fuel, bullets, bombs and spare parts available
  • Also, take care of your workshop. If it gets bombed, you will not only loose lot's of ressources but also the ability to Repair your plane
So, please tell me what you think about this after you played the mission. If you like it, I will add such features to new missions.
Any ideas for improvement are welcome too, of course!

Best Regards,
skylla
When all else fails: read the instructions!

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.
Re: FrankenChina
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 04:48:15 AM »

Really? I mean, I've noticed these settings are different, but I've always used these settings on my maps and so when I've built maps before on UP3... But this one will be tough! Imagine if you die, and then, that's it, you wait till the next mission... That's REALLY enforce some serious discipline!   ???  8)
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 05:01:33 AM »

Of course other Servers/players may have used Ressources and the other things already in their missions, however on our Server this is the first mission to do so.

[...]But this one will be tough! Imagine if you die, and then, that's it, you wait till the next mission... That's REALLY enforce some serious discipline!   ???  8)
It's not that tough:
If you get killed in this mission, you will have to wait for a certain amount of time before you can refly. The more you die, the longer you have to wait

For example: If you die for the first time, you will have to wait 15 secs.
After that, your delay time is increased: refly penalty = 15secs + (number of deaths * 2secs)
Of course I am able to set the 15 secs and the KIA multiplier to any other value, or deactivate the refly button for the whole mission; for the beginning I think the numbers above should do good

Best Regards,
skylla
When all else fails: read the instructions!

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 05:32:57 AM »

Of course other Servers/players may have used Resources* and the other things already in their missions, however on our Server this is the first mission to do so.
Yeah, I got that part... I'm just saying.. :-X

[...]Imagine[...]
^^^^
I saids imagines... ;~; I really did understand everything the first time though..
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 26 queries.