Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Burma - retextured, retowned, revillaged  (Read 50250 times)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
Re: Burma - retextured, retowned, revillaged
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2016, 10:04:43 PM »

Its a stock map without a single custom building so why would it require any game version? :)
I'd assume that the whole point of this type of construction (Crimea houses as main city buildings) is to make it independent from any patch.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2016, 12:51:09 AM »

True, with a quibble: Cyberolas initially used a couple of stock buildings added by TD with 4.12, then posted also an "universal" set of objects, compatible also with earlier game versions. I think the key point is leading users to be aware of what they are downloading: either a "4.12 and higher" featuring two more ground objects, or an "all game versions" compatible, and this was done quite well in first post.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2016, 01:11:55 AM »

Check Reply #94, I posted a version which doesnt have those 4.12 objects + I fixed the fps problem of Imphal (reported in reply#84).

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2016, 01:54:37 AM »

All maps can work on every game version....the only requisite is that you should have all tex to load them and all objects to save missions for them....

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2016, 12:04:38 PM »

Check Reply #94, I posted a version which doesnt have those 4.12 objects + I fixed the fps problem of Imphal (reported in reply#84).

Thanks, I had missed that...

Cheers,
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2016, 07:10:20 PM »

Hi Cyber,
It was actually Fabian Fred who made the initial Lower Burma and Upper Burma :D
C_Texan refined,changed and improved Lower Burma ;D 8)

Upper Burma the original is in CUP  :)

Kirby
That's right, I just improved on Fabianfred's  work.  Anyone else is welcome to improve Burmalower maps.  I tried to make it look a little better with the latest versions of it but I'm just not that talented in making textures.

Cyberolas' textures (and other work on Burma) are so much better and I'd welcome them into the Burmalower maps.  It would be a huge project though!

BTW, I recently made some minor improvements to the 1942 map by adding the airfield at Pegu and at Nakhon Sawan in Thailand (which is also on 1944 map).  I also made a better edmap.  I don't know if many people would be interested though because I don't see many campaigns made on these maps.

also, just made new campaign for cyberolas' Burma.  Find it in the SAS campaign forum.

Oyster_KAI

« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2017, 11:47:35 PM »

This thing really Awesome!!
I'm enjoy your RRR series map!!!!keep in faith!!!

fabianfred

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2017, 04:00:10 AM »

Nice terrain there... wish it was on my Lower Burma map too... the rice paddies look great.

Stallwarning

• Timmy Trumpet fan
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2017, 06:12:47 AM »

Truy great work cyberolas, BIG thanks!

Torch

« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2018, 04:02:51 PM »

Well.............

By now I suppose this is a dead horse. But.........I have downloaded the Burma map and installed (V4.12.2m HSFX v7.0.3). Created a simple flight from a small strip just outside of Tamu. Loaded it up and.....................it appears that I am in water or something to that effect. No Cockpit etc. Just some shimmering blue (Water?) and a couple of tress sticking up. Read an earlier post about a Bumph file. Well...........downloaded that too but I have NO Clue as where or how to install this BumpH file or, if it will really resolve issue?!?

Install is as follows..............MODS/MAPMODS/Maps/Burma.

Any and all guidance is most appreciated. I know Cyberolas is tired of dealing with this, so hopefully some out there knows the fix? After all of that said...............and cannot fix..........would removing the Burma file screw up the existing maps?

Thanking all in advance

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2018, 07:03:58 AM »

Torch, your description of the plane in water has happened to me before.  But I cannot remember if it was caused by a map or by the airplane.  Which airplane were you using?

Something similar happens when you don't select "Player" for a plane in the View/Objects dropdown menu in FMB.

BumpH files should not be causing the problem.

Torch

« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2018, 07:59:38 AM »

Czech Texan,

Thanks for response. Yep..............did not select player   ]banghead[

Works fine  ]sunny[

Thanks again!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 28 queries.