Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Shut up and agree with comrade loft already!  (Read 14257 times)

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
Shut up and agree with comrade loft already!
« on: March 25, 2015, 11:42:31 AM »

I can't believe these f@$!ing stalinists!
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/15325-game-version-1010-discussion/?p=246349

We have added a new rule today

18. Claiming that FM is incorrect without the required proof and starting a flame thread based on such claim is prohibited.
The form for an FM claim consists of:
short but consistent description of the claim;
link to a reference and to a specific part of such reference that describes correct behaviour of a disputed element/situation;
game track record and the list of conditions used to recreate disputed element/situation.
Not following this form in its entirety will result in locking (locking and deleting) such thread and also in the following:

Single offense - 1 days ban on entry

Just FYI - I've updated the forum rules with p.18 that you'll find quoted above. It's not retroactive, so nobody will throw bans left and right. Still some topics may be locked down.

Uufflakke

• Modder
Re: Shut up and agree with comrade loft already!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »

The "Single offense - 1 days ban on entry" is a bit too much in my opinion but for the rest of it I agree.

I've seen very often BOS members/founders claiming the FM is incorrect of whatever plane but never ever show up with any evidence.
Neither after several requests by the team to post or PM them with charts, historical info etc.

And in case members do show up with the necessary info the team is willing to change it.
See here:
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11664-fm-claims-respond/

"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

LuseKofte

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 01:40:52 PM »

I agree with Uuff, we see it in here every week, year after year it come a new guy in and start a discussion started over a hundreds of times before.

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 04:46:46 PM »

agree...
if you wanna debate the FM/DM thing you better show up front taht you know what you are talking about...
"got chart"?

does not concern me, as i avoid these topics.
because they are indeed very difficult.
and tiring.
and get on my nerves.
and OKL whine
and VVS whine
and a aLOT of EGO.

so the door for discussion stays open. nobody has to agree. to any damn effin thing.
but if you disagree and throw a hissy fit and drop poo on the Devs, you better know exactly what you are onto, and bring a big Book of "here this is the right data" or else just shut the hell up (enforced via lock+ban)

sounds like something i would do too. makes sense.

Shut up and agree with comrade loft already!
change that to
shut up if you can't bring proper Data to the Debate
and you are close to how i see it / closer to the intended message
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »

Wow, didn't expect such statists here.
Seen in the light of previous statements by this dev team it's pretty clearly nothing of the above at all, merely a way to threaten the vocal CFS veterans on the board.
Let's not forget;
"Your sources don't match ours so piss off"
"Well what do your sources say dev team, because these (links) say otherwise."
"Never you mind what our sources say! They are super secrete soviet super sources that are best!"
"Yes because the soviets were known for their even handed and unbiased nature..."
"!!! You disrespect red army!!! BAN!"

And my personal favorite
"Make our meta critic score higher or well take our football and go home!" *pout, stamps feet*

These guys are like children, and their motives should be viewed as such.
Or tyrants. Children or tyrants.

Dakpilot

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 01:38:01 AM »

LoL those quotes seem very accurate  :)

We get it you have a very strong dislike for the 1CGS team and 'soviets' in general, but I would not let your bias get in the way, with a lot of recent updates many of the issues some people had are withering away and it is shaping up to be a very playable sim

I'm afraid some of your posts come across more like the last bit of your assertion  :( unless that WAS an attempt at humour

Cheers Dakpilot

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 02:14:11 AM »

Why does everyone waste time on these kind of things, argue with one another and so? I mean, holy crap, there's 2 FREAKING PAGES, 2 on that, but guess how many, countless and endless amounts of pages, forums, threads and posts there are on flaming one another, bit****g at devs, and reverse, vise versa, etc... I mean, I KNOW what it's like, and I KNOW you want to support things and so, and have your say and correct things to be perfect, but remember, there's no need to go down to their level to level with them.. Don't give them what they want; they want shit, give them shit and let them give, just don't involve yourself, or take it to private communities to mod and so, like we do. Hell, without any doubt, has SAS made IL-2 1946 FB WAY more interactive, sophisticated and amazing; look at the talent we have here... Now, I don't mean to start arguments or anything, but thought that I'd have my say.

Toodles~
(Dun h8 pl0x, I com3 in peace.)
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 03:38:56 AM »

****** you calling me a statist in public.
there is a PM function for insults like that.
and statist or not, that's a matter of political affliaition, and not a subject i discuss.

I mean, i do not call you a member of the tea bag party, republisher party, demented party, or an indented party member or something...
so don't call me a statist.
i get it. i am from yurep. but my party and clubbing preferences have nothing to do with my points of view concerning BoS and how they run their forums.

...damn....
always pushing me, that guy is...

for the record, i ain' no statist, i do my own goddamn thinking, vote green, and have no party affiliation whatsoever.
believe it or not.
matter closed.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 07:36:50 AM »

@CWMV:
All sites have their rules.
Go to the SAS chat room and post a technical question. After the 1st warning post an image in the screenshot section of a (WIP) mod that is not available on one of the boards here and SAS gives you a temporary vacation.
Got nothing to do with stalinism, soviets or statists.
Those kinda rules have to be applied because members won't listen. Not even after many kindly asked requests.
Patience is a virtue. But it does have its limits.
Remember that only the usual suspects on BOS site start shouting that they don't agree with the new rule.
For others it feels like a relief that the same old annoying song, topic after topic, comes to an end. The difference is they don't ventilate it on the boards.

By the way, in case you might think I agree with the BOS team 'cause I am a founder or a tester. I don't have the game at all.
I don't like BOS very much as it is and am still on the fence.  Waiting for better times to come. If ever.
I posted over there what and why I don't like it. But posting it over and over again, like some others do, is just pathetic.
I've got more to do in life than spamming the forums with my opinion.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 12:22:28 PM »

I don't have the game at all.
So I'm one step ahead:
I have it, but didn't play it since 6 weeks or so, and I'm not in the mood yet to try again.

By the way "try again": Don't try again to test the limits of our rules please.
No threat, no insult, just a hint that this thread is being watched.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 01:12:47 PM »

I have it, but didn't play it since 6 weeks or so, and I'm not in the mood yet to try again.

Perhaps that one and only snow covered map brings you into a winter depression.
A sumptuous green summer map might possibly cheer you up.  : ;D

Don't worry about testing limits.
Was only meant as an example that each forum does have its rules.

Cheers and happy flying, bombing, strafing, vulching, crashing.  :D

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 03:41:29 PM »

haven't played since 1.008... i guess. skipped 1.009, and haven't touched 1.010.

by the rate this is going, i will retire before they have covered the eastern front from the north to the south, from 40 to 45. and it will cost about a thousand bucks too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 28 queries.