Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Missles not locking on  (Read 5626 times)

flightdok74

Missles not locking on
« on: March 18, 2015, 08:25:59 PM »

Hi all,  Several members like me are having problems with the first generation AIM. missiles locking on a target and tracking.  This happens with the F-86's, the Ca-27's, and F9F's.  There is no sound with them either to let you know if you have "lock-on" are not.  Has anyone found a solution for this yet?  Thanks for any help with this problem..........flightdok74.

Shawn BeBeau

Re: Missiles not locking on
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 04:44:54 PM »

Hello
I have also noticed this missile issue
I flew the Super Sabre with AIM9B missiles and they will not lock on.
I flew same aircraft with AIM9D missiles and they work great.
Is there any way to fix the AIM9B problem by perhaps adding the AIM9D to the older Sabres or altering the AIM9B properties to behave like the AIM9D??
I really miss the working AIM9 on the classic Sabres.

jerryb

Re: Missles not locking on
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 08:06:16 AM »

If there is a way of doing that where would the folders be?  I know nothing about computers but I'm willing to have a go.  While I'm here does anyone know why if I play as allies in TJW it does not load properly.  On the load screen it gets to 30% then jumps to 80% and continues but loads a screen with weird shapes and colours.  If I play as axis it loads OK.

csvousden

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 04:25:04 PM »

I just ran into this issue myself.  I flew a sabre against some SU-7s and should have had lots of missle joy with Aim-9bs, but nothing happened.  They never made a peep.

With the Aim-9ds all was good--four shots, three kills easily. 

So I tried my version of the game that is mostly jetwar on a basic SAS 4.12.2 and the Aim-9bs worked as advertised.  Got locks and made 1 kill out of three shots, but had lots of tone.

Anyone who would look at this would be a hero in my opinion.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 06:24:10 PM »

Thanks for the heads up. - I really appreciate contributions to this forum.  It helps everyone and we do listen up.

This issue is all fixed now and will be in the new Jet Age - Part-06 Upgrade, along with the recently released F-16's, new vehicles and accumulated fixes.  Like all the rest of the Sidewinders; the AIM-9B growls when un-caged, buzzes on lock, drops off the rails and flies right up the enemy's jacksey, just as it should! 

#CUP - The Jet Age - Part-06 will be uploaded by the weekend.

csvousden

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 08:53:33 PM »

Monty is my hero!  (That probably goes without saying for me and a lot of others who are just plain grateful to be the blessed beneficiaries of the magnanimous munificence that is Il-2 modded!)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 09:31:07 PM »

The thing is; we do have a good system, its all packed up to tiny SFS's and installs easy.  When you guys point something out I hope you don't think me a fool to have missed it in the first place!

You really do help to cover this massive subject and very comprehensive sim.  In this case a few missing classfiles didn't make the upload.

CUP really is a community effort and everyone who takes part becomes a contributor.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 09:57:39 PM »

If there is a way of doing that where would the folders be?  I know nothing about computers but I'm willing to have a go.  While I'm here does anyone know why if I play as allies in TJW it does not load properly.  On the load screen it gets to 30% then jumps to 80% and continues but loads a screen with weird shapes and colours.  If I play as axis it loads OK.

I guess you are talking about QMB.  The quick mission menu has come a long way and QMBPRO has greatly extended this capability.

However, QMB depends on mission files written for it.  Most of the mission files in there are older than 412 and there are bound to issues until someone sorts them out.

Personally I only use QMBPRO for quick skin testing and screenshots.  Its not the best way to play Il2.  Be aware also that 'testing' Maps, new functions and aircraft etc, using QMB, is not a fair or reliable test.

This is because QMB depends on mission files.  The ONLY fully reliable ones will be default 412 maps with no mods.  Otherwise there could be anything in the mission file depending on its (uncertain) origin.

The heart of Il2 is FMB - Full Mission Builder.  Get into there and the world is your oyster.  The real solution for any QMB anomalies is to open the mission from the QMBPRO menu in FMB.  From there it can be fixed and new ones can be written.

For example:  I think one solution for CUP QMBPRO is to make a new set of missions prefixed #DOF/#WAW/#JTW and recommend their use only for those eras indicated.  This is because the different plane-lists across eras may cause problems.

My current focus is on campaigns and single mission sets.  I will get around to the QMBPRO missions too, but meanwhile anyone can open them up and start fixing them:  Look at the structures, experiment, add some more scenery etc.  Above all though; I think we need an Era-Specific set of fully functioning QMBPRO Scenarios. - It is on the list.

jerryb

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 10:21:52 AM »

Thanks for the reply Monty, not that I understood most of it.  Great news about the AIM9b fix can't wait.

csvousden

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »

Any word on The Jet Age part 6?  No pressure, just inquiring out of love!

Hunter

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 07:41:05 AM »

Nothing ?

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 05:33:21 PM »

Yes - Will post a full update shortly.  #JTW 'The Jet Age' Part-06 is good and in final testing.  ;D

#JTW Part-06 testing progress:

Using the 1982 Israeli move into Lebanon and the subsequent clearance of Syrian SAM batteries from the Bekaa Valley, we have been able to verify and test a number of 'The Jet Age' features.

I will release the campaign and mission set along with the #JTW Part-06 Upgrade.

Testing Situations:
Placement of Helo start/spawn, anywhere on scenery - the best 412 enhancement so far.  The new campaign/mission set includes a number of Cobra strikes along the Lebanon/Bekaa MSR.

SAMs - They do launch at you and your AI buddies.  They are deadly but can be out-outmanoeuvred and decoyed with flares.  Onscreen: your RWR is represented by a coloured 'Asterisk' that glows red when you are about to get your arse blown off!

CCIP - Continuously-Computed-Impact-Point - Already in SAS~S3/Western0221's brilliant F/A 18C/D and AV8B, Ranwers' F-16 also impliments this feature to provide pinpoint accuracy with 'dumb' bombs.

AGM-65 Maverick - Using your 'Rocket Salvo' Switch to select - The new key commands MUST be mapped - the Maverick will guide to a locked ground target, fire and forget.

The combination of smart standoff weapons and CCIP perfectly reflects the available systems with which the IDF cleaned out the Bekka Valley.  The flying is very fast, loud and disorientating - in other words, you are going to love it!

Mixed in with all this ground pounding we have Syrian MiGs intent on foiling your plans and disrupting operations.  Keep your head on a swivel...

The AIM-9Bs have also been fixed and many thanks to Vega for helping me to finally fix the AI-Open-Canopy issue with the A4.  As a dedicated carrier aircraft design - an A4 that doesn't fly properly off carriers makes no sense at all. 

The 412 code and SASEngineMOD requires an FM fix for the A4 and not a no-open-canopy code fudge - PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE - as they break the catapult function.  Thanks again Vega, now we have a proper NAVY CAPABLE A4 Skyhawk.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 28 queries.