Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: On SCW Pack news!  (Read 3690 times)

spartan18a

• Supporter
On SCW Pack news!
« on: March 17, 2015, 05:26:32 AM »

Hello, and congratulation on this new thread.  ;D
This is the beginning of something big.

Monty wrote:
Thanks Spartan, nice detail.  I will update the flags shortly.  BTW Poltava and I would like to add a SCW Module as well!

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,31973.0.html

I would like to thank them all for this wise decision and it will be amazing to see that released!!!!!!

The potential could be not only on historical campaigns but also in hypothetical ones .... let´s imagine Franco was convinced in Hendaya by Hitler to join the Axis powers. The in Operation Torch the Allies must invade the Canary Islands before stepping onto the African Continent. We could have a Pacific style campaign in the Atlantic. It would be so .... awesome. (Let see if Poltava takes the bait  ;) He's definitely the man.
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: SCW Pack
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 05:38:33 AM »

great idea Spartan!
I have already thought about creating my own version of SCW with UltraSpain as a base for the aircraft and WAW as a base for the rest;
throw in some fitting vehicles like WW1 tanks (Renault FT17) and you should be good to go;
my suggestion though would be to let WAW start in 1939 and expand SCW into something like "The Uneasy Peace 1919 - 1939"
that way we could include SCW, Nomonhan, Winter War, China scenarios etc and could use all those magnificent inter war birds;
of course the addition of some early model aircraft carriers like the Eagle, the Lex, the Sara, the Enterprise/Hornet/Yorktown, the Hosho, the Shoho and other IJN CVLs and some heavier ones like the modded big IJN CVs could open up some interesting scenarios too;
as I have all the vehicles in a modded version of WAW I would just need to rem out the inappropriate birds for such a time span in my air.ini, add the birds that fit and e voila, it would be a rude working version of my proposal;
if only I would have time to do it....

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: SCW Pack
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 05:38:51 AM »

Hello, and congratulation on this new thread.  ;D
This is the beginning of something big.

I would like to formally ask if there is the intention to include the SCW pack into the CUP. Poltava told us that it was debated or being debated, right? So, what is the present state of affairs? Basically, asking for news ... :D
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,31973.0.html

In my humble opinion if WAW is from 1936 .... this pack is absolutely essential. :-\\  but it´s just a user´s opinion.

Thanks and think about just in case you're not.  :P

Yes I love Poltava's work in this area (especially his brilliant campaigns) and the Ultra-Spain team as well.  I have spoken to him on the subject.  Although its 1936, the SCW itself is a very short period of time with its own distinctive flavour.  I had in mind something like 'The Roaring Twenties' - Giving us a wider scope from 1926 to 1936 to major on the SCW but also leave room for more early models.

Another approach is a dedicated SCW Module, with SCW loading screens (I made a test set from propaganda posters) and background artwork.  We already have all the Spanish maps in place and a SCW module would include a large flightline.

Either way I think it deserves to be distinct from World at War and would like to bridge the gap across the inter-war years with some very interesting aircraft and themes.  Other theme ideas should be explored but it does have enough content to be a separate Module from WaW.

spartan18a

• Supporter
Re: On SCW Pack news!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 05:40:01 AM »

People you were SOOOOOOOO  fast!!!! I was in the process of modifying my first thread  ??? ;D ;D after I saw that you had replied on the other thread ...  ;D ;D ;D

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 05:42:44 AM »

;D Been a nice night, great to see all this started, thanks to everyone.

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 05:45:22 AM »

;D Been a nice night, great to see all this started, thanks to everyone.

Noway, thanks to YOU and all the other modders. I just collect the fruit of your hard work and I wish I could do more for the community but .... no skills on this, I´m afraid.  :-[

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 06:25:55 AM »

Yes, I think making SCW a separate module, spanning from the twenties to 1939 is a SUPER idea, that will make CUP simply unbeatable when it comes to content. And it will fill the gap between WW1 and WW2 nicely (and logically) with a lot of GREAT content not available anywhere else.

I will of course assist and help with whatever I can to make this possible!  :)

(As for making hyptothetical campaigns: not entirely impossible. On my HD I have an unfinished campaign set in 1946, when the Western Allies go to war against the Soviet Union, and parts of the German Wehrmacht chip in. A not unfamiliar scenario, I'm sure...  ;)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 08:14:25 AM »

Looks like a good campaign. I've just finished the Higher Call book and they talk about the Fighter Pilots Revolt and how the JV44 almost joined the Allies in the last days of the war. Super book. One of the best I've read on the subject. The Steinhoff part got me the goose bumps.

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 10:01:49 AM »

Wars of the 20's and 30's  - expect I've missed a lot of "minor" conflicts.

The Turkish War of Independence (1919-1922)   ---- probably best kept as part of DoF

Greco-Turkish War (1921-1922)–Greek invasion of Turkey. Is considered part of Turkish War of Independence. The Greek offensive failed.    ---- probably best kept as part of DoF

Russian Civil War (1917-1922)   ---- probably best kept as part of DoF

Polish-Soviet War (1919-1921)–Major war between Poland and Russia/The Soviet Union.   ---- probably best kept as part of DoF

Gran Chaco Wars (1928-1935)  Bolivia, Paraguay

Sino-Japanese War (1937-1945)

Second Italo-Ethiopian War (1935-1936)–(also known as the Abyssinian War)–Italy’s Fascist dicator, Benito Mussolini, wanted to conquer a new “Roman Empire,” and chose Ethiopia as his first victim. Ethiopia had defeated Italy in the First Italo-Ethiopian War in 1896, and Mussolini sought revenge for that embarrassing Italian defeat. This war exposed the inherent weaknesses of the League of Nations (an earlier and very weak version of the United Nations) when it was unable to prevent war. Italy successfuly conquered Ethiopia in 1936. During World War Two, British, Commonwealth, Free French, Free Belgian, and Ethiopian forces liberated Ethiopia in 1941

Spanish Civil War (1936-1939)–The Spanish Civil War began as a right-wing rebellion against the leftist Republican government of Spain. Led by General Francisco Franco, the Nationalist rebels fought a long and bloody civil war against their Republican foes. Franco was received significant military aid from Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy. The Republican side was aided by the Soviet Union. Franco won the war in 1939 and set up a Fascist government. This war is considered one of the precursor conflicts leading to World War Two.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »

Add to that the Chaco wars and some possible what ifs (Czechs/Austrians resist tje German occupation, Swiss defend their Neutrality against more aggressive Germans, apeasment fails tjere is no Munich  agreement and Ww2 starts 1938...eTc
the possibilities are much...

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 07:51:23 PM »

Yes, I think making SCW a separate module, spanning from the twenties to 1939 is a SUPER idea, that will make CUP simply unbeatable when it comes to content. And it will fill the gap between WW1 and WW2 nicely (and logically) with a lot of GREAT content not available anywhere else.

I will of course assist and help with whatever I can to make this possible!  :)

(As for making hyptothetical campaigns: not entirely impossible. On my HD I have an unfinished campaign set in 1946, when the Western Allies go to war against the Soviet Union, and parts of the German Wehrmacht chip in. A not unfamiliar scenario, I'm sure...  ;)

So what shall we call it Peter?

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 08:58:19 AM »

if you want some help, count me in :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 30 queries.