Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUP/WAW and UQMG (109s vs Many B-17s over Berlin) w/Screenshots  (Read 2919 times)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website

CUP/WAW and UQMG (109s vs Many B-17s over Berlin) w/Screenshots

Greetings,

In taking a break from testing and following a grueling two weeks at work, I decided to revisit my old UberQuick Mission Generator (UQMG) and use the parts which are still compatible with the IL-2.  Recently I watched a fairly decent movie called "Fortress" about B-17s stationed in Africa which were tasked with supporting missions over Italy... you know the whole premise of replacement airmen and trying to establish yourself with the veteran crews.  Not that bad of a movie, but I did not pay too much attention to the authenticity, you know, you always get disappointed, but at least it was not completely moronic like "Pearl Harbor".  There was a lot of CGI, but I really liked seeing a whole bunch of B-17s in the air, so I dusted off my old utility and created a quick mission with a bunch of planes just to see it.  (Keep in mind there has never been a utility for IL-2 that can do what UQMG does even today in the speed it does... I mean, a mission with 156 planes with full ground scenery which automatically matches criteria for both date as well as the planes in the mission... this took me 2 minutes to design, and 20 seconds to generate)

Scenario:
* Berlin, October 1944
* 132 B-17s on the air at 5Km (~16Kft)
* 24 Bf-109Ks w/ MG151/20 pods ready to scramble (I fly lead)

Set  Up:
* B-17s is a 3-bomber formation cloned 43 times, or 132
* 109s is a 4-fighter flight cloned 5 times, or 24, but are created in two sets of 12.  12 start the mission, then 12 spawn 6 minutes into the mission (giving enough time for first wave to take off)
* 2 minutes to design, and 20 seconds to create

* Comment, in reality I should have gotten simple map because the Berlin map generates a lot of fps drop when looking at the ground.  It is essential that you disable LOGGING in the [console] section of conf.ini...  You want to save fps and processing time.

For those of you that would like to try this scenario at home, I have attached the mission files (SP, DF and COOP version) if you do not have UQMG, and the "uqmg" file if you have UQMG below:
http://uberdemon.net/pictures/CFM/waw109xfortress.zip

Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
Re: CUP/WAW and UQMG (109s vs Many B-17s over Berlin) w/Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 01:36:40 PM »

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 01:37:15 PM »

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 01:37:41 PM »

That is it.  I am still thinking of different strategies of how to update UQMG with new content, including updating old and working on new version...  when I have more info I'll post it.  Please no PMs on when, etc...  I have gotten many the past couple of years and the answer is, who knows... if and whenever... sorry, between work and family, and trying to help the CUP team, there is not a whole lot of extra time.

Enjoy and best regards,
UberDemon/danzigzag
www.uberdemon.net

creature

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »

UberDemon:

Your mission builder is awesome!!  Going to give your mission a try, I'm sure I won't be disappionted

How did you like the message to the audience at the end of the Fortress movie?  I thought that was classic:)

c
"Can you put that in Captain dummy Talk"  Capt Malcom Reynolds // no sim pilots=no one to fly modded planes//no modders =no modded planes to fly

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »

just tried that mission and even my new i7 3770 with an OC GTX680 did not cope with it; I got something like 2 FPS :)
maybe need to tweak that little compi girl a little more :)
forgot to add, tried it on a modified CUP install...stock effects, just a few more aircraft, tanks and ships added...

creature

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 11:37:57 PM »

Griffon:

I dropped my B-17s down to 25 and all seemed to smooth out and it still looks like alot of B-17s

c

also, was that you discussing the navigation issues with CUP?  if so, give me a PM.  I was trying to figure a few things out in the B-25J Blind Landing mission.
"Can you put that in Captain dummy Talk"  Capt Malcom Reynolds // no sim pilots=no one to fly modded planes//no modders =no modded planes to fly
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 25 queries.