Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Fix_Buildings  (Read 18233 times)

WxTech

• Modder
Re: Fix_Buildings
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 03:03:04 PM »

The raised floor for longer distance LODs is purely a visual thing, is it not? At the distance seen, a  floor raised by, say, a half meter would not make any notable difference visually for vehicles parked inside. But I do now wonder about the possibility of 'conflicts' for planes within... I'll have to experiment.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Aviar

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »

WxTech,

I'm sure you are a busy guy so if you need any help at all with this testing, do not hesitate to contact me. I'll be very happy to help in any way I can. I'm an experienced mission builder so I know my way around the FMB.

Aviar

Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz + Asus Z97-C Motherboard + 16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz + NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB + Creative SB ZX SBX + Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers + 27" AOC LED - 2752 + Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard + CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals + Logitech G13 Gameboard + GoFlight GF-T8 Module + WIN 8.1

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 03:21:17 PM »

I'll be happy to make my stuff available to you, Jero. What's the best way? Should I private message you a download link when I get around to uploading?

I understand that yours will be a review more thoroughly than this mod by what seems to me more logical that this mod would be included in yours, if you think well, clear.

It can perhaps solve that problem in a way I don't know simple, but you could try modifying the value of the Hook Ground Level that affects the height, so just enough to avoid this flicker.

Code: [Select]
[Hooks]
Ground_Level <BASE>

[HookLoc]
0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0.013873 - 2.35165

For example, while I did this mod I tell realize that there were some models with the Hook displaced as the image that did not reach the ground, they didn't any problem flashing because there is no indoor area, others are instead located in the middle of the screen, but it was not possible to change them because otherwise the texture would appear a door a couple of meters of height from the ground, etc...

Aviar

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2015, 03:44:51 PM »

Maybe one day......(from HSFX 7)...

House$Cuve-Gr
House$NTL_Tank
House$Cuve-horiz

Aviar
Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz + Asus Z97-C Motherboard + 16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz + NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB + Creative SB ZX SBX + Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers + 27" AOC LED - 2752 + Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard + CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals + Logitech G13 Gameboard + GoFlight GF-T8 Module + WIN 8.1

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2015, 03:59:19 PM »

I *think* an object's HookLoc controls the viewpoint in the object viewer. I doubt it is has anything to do with globally positioning a model with respect to the ground. But I've never tested this. ;)
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2015, 04:20:22 PM »

And upon a little reflection, I'm pretty confident the visual placement of floors, walls and the like matters not a jot as regards undesirable interactions with vehicles. The object's collision faces are what matters. I should think that only if the collision faces include a raised floor would a moving vehicle suffer upon hitting it. The visual representation itself is quite 'invisible' as an interacting object. Remove an object's collision vertices/faces, and change its status in the .sim file, and you could fly through it as thought not there.

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 04:23:39 PM »

I *think* an object's HookLoc controls the viewpoint in the object viewer. I doubt it is has anything to do with globally positioning a model with respect to the ground. But I've never tested this. ;)

It has the test images.

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 04:30:32 PM »

Maybe one day......(from HSFX 7)...

House$Cuve-Gr
House$NTL_Tank
House$Cuve-horiz

Aviar

If you provide me files or folders unless, I fix it is at a time.

He left and Center are already made, just that with another name.

Aviar

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 05:18:36 PM »

Sorry, I wish I could tell you what folders they are in.

Aviar

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 07:05:57 PM »

I just did a test. For the second LOD I raised the floor of a couple hangars by 0.5m. This is more than enough to assure no flicker, at least on level ground. If such a building is placed on uneven ground, it might require a larger raising. At the transition between LODs 0 and 1, when the floor jumps up that half meter it's just perceptible as perhaps a single pixel shift, which is a heck of a lot subtler than the kinds of visual changes which typically occur at LOD transitions.

I feel confident we have a means to largely eliminate such flicker/shimmer as occurs at longer visual range: Raise the polygons.

I first tried this a number of months ago for the lowest detail, farthest LODs for buildings which are simply a horizontal rectangle placed at or near ground level. Particularly for damaged houses, where the rectangle is often placed at a very low height. I raised them about a couple meters to solve the flicker/shimmer.

PA_Jeronimo

• SAS Honourable Member
  • I like curves
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 02:16:29 AM »

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 02:19:04 AM »

:D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 26 queries.