Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: YakPack : SAS's Complete Herd  (Read 31135 times)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
Re: YakPack : SAS's Complete Herd
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 05:09:48 PM »

Thanks mate!

Those days I have a lot of no trouble that are troubling me!

Perhaps the spring!

cheers

walter

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 12:32:11 AM »

That is sure alot of cows, I mean, Yaks  ;D
I will save it for later flying practice. Thanks very much for all the hard work!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Messer

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 08:46:03 AM »

CirX, a question about the Yak models, if you don't mind - I recognise them all, with the exception of the Yak-3bsf and the Yak-9U_NW, what are they?

Yak-3bsf I suppose is "Black sea Fleet", but the 9-U_NW doesn't ring a bell. :/   

Messer

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »

Thanks! I was thinking about renaming all Soviet planes with their original Cyrillic names in the air.ini/plane.ru files, as long as Notepad doesn't mess up...

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 09:29:53 AM »

Yes, as Gerax said, they came in UP, I just collected them, I did not perticularily check what they were.

And Yes, NW, stands for Nullwar, you will alsways see their planes so marked in the air.ini

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 09:16:46 AM »

Can I ask for a brief descrition of each new plane?

1. What is Nullware? I took a few months away from the game and obviously missed out on a new site.

2. What are the differences between Yak-1B early, Yak-1late and Yak-1PF? I've passed the "Basic Course in Yak-1's", but I thought the progression went - Yak-1 1941 (the original Oleg Yak-1), and then an up-powered 1942 Yak-1 (not in the un-modded game) and then a complete overhaul with the Yak-1B which had the 12.7mm, bubble canopy and PF engine in fall 1942. What is a Yak-1B early and was the Yak-1PF ever made as more than a test a/c?

3. I am guessing that the 9T and 9D variants represent upgrades to the un-modded Yak-9's which are '43 variants?

4. How are Yak-9M and -9U Early's different from the un-modded variants?

5. I occasionally try skimming Avia with Babelfish and seem to recollect that a La-5FN 1943 was on the plans. Did this ever get done?

Thanks for any help. As mentioned, I try and read Avia, but I miss about 80% of the stuff that is written there.  :-[

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 09:37:34 AM »

Can I ask for a brief descrition of each new plane?

1. What is Nullware? I took a few months away from the game and obviously missed out on a new site.

2. What are the differences between Yak-1B early, Yak-1late and Yak-1PF? I've passed the "Basic Course in Yak-1's", but I thought the progression went - Yak-1 1941 (the original Oleg Yak-1), and then an up-powered 1942 Yak-1 (not in the un-modded game) and then a complete overhaul with the Yak-1B which had the 12.7mm, bubble canopy and PF engine in fall 1942. What is a Yak-1B early and was the Yak-1PF ever made as more than a test a/c?

3. I am guessing that the 9T and 9D variants represent upgrades to the un-modded Yak-9's which are '43 variants?

4. How are Yak-9M and -9U Early's different from the un-modded variants?

5. I occasionally try skimming Avia with Babelfish and seem to recollect that a La-5FN 1943 was on the plans. Did this ever get done?

Thanks for any help. As mentioned, I try and read Avia, but I miss about 80% of the stuff that is written there.  :-[

1. Nullwars is not a site or pack realy, but an online campaign system like SEOW whichis HFSX at 242 sq. Dont worry about it. I think there is a link in the links forum here you can folow and check out.

2. I dont know, they are all Yaks and that all I know. :D

3. Same answer

4. Also same answer. Modders can sometimes have different data or charts for a plane than what was used by 1C, and so feel the need to make a "more accurate" version of a  plane. Probably the case with most of these.

5. Question for AviaSkins I think. I am not up to speed with that one.

Messer

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »

Actually, even these Yaks, the representation in-game is not complete. The Soviets introduced various modifications between each "series" (or "types"), a production run of a specified number of planes. Sometimes the difference between a series was minor (new cockpit instruments, redesigned service panels etc.), sometimes they could be huge - new radiator, new flaps, new gear etc. That in addition to the fact that major modifications were renamed with a new number rather than the Western (incl.German) method of adding a suffix letter - for example, the La-7 is a version of the L-5FN and not a completely new aircraft, so (just like all Yaks, who share a same basic airframe) they should be counted as the same plane.

Now, my memory on the Yaks may be a bit rusty, but:

2. Yak-1 late has improved aerodynamics and various small tweaks (plus a lighter weight) that the standart Yak-1, while PF is self-explanitory - it's the same airframe, fitted with the M-105PF engine (more powerful); Yak-1B early should be a Yak-1 without a gargrot (or "bubbletop", as you call it), but with the basic M-105 engine (no forzash/WEP).

3. Yes, though as I noted above, it's related mostly to small upgrades in the production process.

4. I don't know about the M, honestly, but the Yak-9U early is either: those (produced in the spring of 1944) that were powered by M-105PF2 capable of 1290hp,  or the early (summer 1944) M-107 version, that was prone to overheat and had only 10-15 hours of engine "life".

Nullwar Yak-9U, no idea, Until I see the stats for his Yak-9 and the source, I'm rather skeptical about it... 

La-5FN 1943, I don't know. It depends, which factory do you want to base it on? Eskimo's excellent "Arsenal" series volume on the La-5 cites two factories for La-5FN production samples - one is pretty close to what we have in game, the other is the sluggish plane everyone insists the La- supposedly was...   

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 12:05:02 PM »

Thanks for the help, Messer. I will probably put some of them in and try them out. The Oleg Yak-1 is obsolescent for '42 and should probably be replaced at any rate.

Karabas-Barabas

• nullwar
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 12:32:01 PM »

1. www.nullwar.com virtual East Front as it sees to founders and as was possible to realise within the limits of Il-2.

2. A line: Jak-1 (MG), Jak-1_late (it is hardly easier, faster, etc. completions reached in the course of manufacture), Jak-1PF - installation of more powerful, but less high-rise engine M-105PF, Jak-1_light - a special small series the facilitated version with one gun ShVAK only and some other completions, Jak-1B_early since in game there is only later variant Jak-1B characteristics already approximately 43 years.

3. The same: Jak-9T and Jak-9D is planes 43 years, it that have made MG, the Yak-9T 44 and Jak-9D 44 two updatings of Jak-9M with M-105PF (Jak-9M this factory designation, in armies, approximately was not applied) Jak-9T 45 and Jak-9D 45 this division of the made MG of Jak-9M with M-105PF2.

4. Jak-9U 44 (early) it is unsuccessful attempt made an early variant of Jak-9U with unreliable early M-107A.

5. La-5F_early it is a fuselage of La-5 with M-82F, La-5F_late - a fuselage of La-5FN with M-82F, La-5FN_early is a fuselage of La-5F of the (made MG) with engine M-82FN, from the MG of La-5FN has characteristics of release 44 years.

All these planes are made specially for the project, as a result of the big searches of the data, but nevertheless, do not apply for absolute reliability.

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 05:14:39 PM »

Spassiba, K-B! Fc'e panyatna seychass!

liampo

• you are causing Confusion and Delay
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 11:22:36 AM »

Finally ! a great YakPak :D     cheers!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 26 queries.