Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: New sky textures Part 1  (Read 31217 times)

Lagarto

• Modder
Re: New sky textures.
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2015, 02:26:43 AM »

What am I doing wrong here?

I also use HSFX and my path for the Bessarabia load.ini is as follows:
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\Stock_maps_load_ini\maps\Bessarabia

I don't know if it's the smartest way to do it but it works :) Hope it helps

David Prosser

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2015, 01:46:57 AM »

It looks great, I've got it working in DBW1.71.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2015, 12:44:27 PM »

Yes, superb. Got it working in both DBW and HSFX. No problems!  ;D
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SkyHigh

Re: New sky textures Part 1
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 11:55:19 AM »

Just an idea, I don't know if it's good or bad. Does anyone remember "Bender's Ultimate Environment Mod"? It featured a large selection of clouds in its folders and was accompanied by a little installer. Could it be used as a means of installing these sky textures?

ol' Navy

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2015, 03:31:09 PM »

dont quote the entire first post

I'm going to ask you to excuse my ignorance.  But let me tell you what I have done in an effort to use your new maps, and you tell me what I have done wrong.  But then I will have two other questions.  First, I went in and put a "-" in front of the maps WestFront40 and WestFront44.  I then copied your two from this download into my /mapmods/maps folder.  In the file "Entries", there are some all.ini entries.  I substituted the lines in my all.ini file for your new ones.  I copied your _Tex items into my _Tex folder.  But the map will not load in FMB.  It gives me that load.ini error at the bottom of the screen "WestFront44/WF44W_load.ini".  I didn't do anything with the 3do folder or your Cloud Mod V1, because I didn't know what was supposed to happen with them.  Can you give some assistance to one not nearly as smart as you guys are?  Thanks for any help.

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2015, 03:17:02 AM »

Just an idea, I don't know if it's good or bad. Does anyone remember "Bender's Ultimate Environment Mod"? It featured a large selection of clouds in its folders and was accompanied by a little installer. Could it be used as a means of installing these sky textures?

Since a long time I use the the Benders High Clouds !
You can find them in : Bender's  Environment/clouds256/ and here : 24 folder with different High Clouds and High Clouds Noise. ;)

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2015, 03:22:48 AM »

I substituted the lines in my all.ini file for your new ones.    But the map will not load in FMB.  It gives me that load.ini error at the bottom of the screen "WestFront44/WF44W_load.ini". 

Surely a wrong or missing character in your all.ini  !?
Try again and see... ;)

ol' Navy

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2015, 06:58:41 AM »

I substituted the lines in my all.ini file for your new ones.    But the map will not load in FMB.  It gives me that load.ini error at the bottom of the screen "WestFront44/WF44W_load.ini". 

Surely a wrong or missing character in your all.ini  !?
Try again and see... ;)

I'll look and see if that is the problem, but I copied/pasted your lines, but maybe I screwed it up someway or other.  And you said not to quote the entire first post.  I don't know how to do it any other way, just quoting part.  Sorry.  I guess that is one of the many things that comes from being over 72 yrs old.  Sad, but true.  Thanks for your reply.  I'm trying to use your mod but to this point not real successfully.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 07:08:43 AM »

... And you said not to quote the entire first post.  I don't know how to do it any other way, just quoting part.

... simple, Ol'Navy, first and as you did up till now:

1) click on the "quote" button ===> the whole post will be copied in your reply

2) highlight (in blue) the passages you want to delete (to save SAS ressources and space) by hovering them with the mouse + left click maintained

Only keep the [quote author= bla bla bla ... and the last [/quote ... and of course the text you want to quote, remove your finger from the left click and hit the delete key ... done !

Now you can write your own text under what you just quoted ...  ;)

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 09:24:07 AM »

Hi all:

Just a quick question regarding environments: Would all, some, or none of these cloud textures be appropriate for ocean areas? I've seen Google satellite photos of the South Pacific but it only really shows cumulus clouds - no point trying to show the Earth with 10/10 cloud cover I guess. Also, the cumulus clouds are generally only over land - islands and such.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

ol' Navy

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 10:29:58 AM »

... And you said not to quote the entire first post.  I don't know how to do it any other way, just quoting part.

... simple, Ol'Navy, first and as you did up till now:

1) click on the "quote" button ===> the whole post will be copied in your reply

2) highlight (in blue) the passages you want to delete (to save SAS ressources and space) by hovering them with the mouse + left click maintained

Only keep the [quote author= bla bla bla ... and the last [/quote ... and of course the text you want to quote, remove your finger from the left click and hit the delete key ... done !

Now you can write your own text under what you just quoted ...  ;)

Thank you.  I am often embarrassed to ask questions such as that, because I realize they are so simple to most of you here.  As usual, my less than smart question(s) are answered, as they have been for several years past.  Thank you very much.  Now, if I can just get those modded maps to show up.  Thanks again.

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 12:03:47 PM »

Hi all:

Just a quick question regarding environments: Would all, some, or none of these cloud textures be appropriate for ocean areas? I've seen Google satellite photos of the South Pacific but it only really shows cumulus clouds - no point trying to show the Earth with 10/10 cloud cover I guess. Also, the cumulus clouds are generally only over land - islands and such.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

I think that Google will never show you satellite views with completely clogged skies. The important thing is for this application to display the ground, not the sky! ... But on the oceans as elsewhere there are atmospheric disturbances. This is also where the Typhoon and other tornadoes came from...
Ask to Charles Lindbergh the weather he had during his crossing of the Atlantic? The ceiling stretched from 15 to 3000 meters and it flew through ... ;)
However, pending a sky that fit you perfectly you can try Benders environment :

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=1786.0

There is in it a great collection of high clouds. :)

Or see to VP's sky textures :

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44767.0.html

his skies are very nice and they could, I think, agree very well for the Pacific. ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 25 queries.