Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Donating to SAS  (Read 107979 times)

spad42

Re: Donating to SAS
« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2017, 09:46:07 AM »

Hy, I want to donate some euros whith my credit card (electronic ). I Try it here but I can't because I must have the exact amount  in euro no in dollars. Help me please.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2017, 12:51:23 PM »

Hy, I want to donate some euros whith my credit card (electronic ). I Try it here but I can't because I must have the exact amount  in euro no in dollars. Help me please.

We have updated the donations page. Please revisit it https://www.sas1946.com/Contribute.htm and find the new page, with two paypal buttons, one marked for USD, one marked for Euro.

PS: The "exact amount" you donate on your side is never what is received in any event, so one may make an approximation in USD based on a current rate of exchange. We pay the transaction fee. The transaction will anyway appear on your Credit Card Statement in Euro (Though I understand in some EU countries, like Germany, if any transaction amount in your account is not an exact rounded prime number, you get socially ostracized and officially audited, so I completely understand the issue).

For the small  sub $100 amounts we work with here this is usually not a big problem for people to just guesstimate the dollar amount. Paypal charges a steep transaction fee for donations anyway. Through Credit card is an even greater transaction fee. These fees do not get subtracted from the amount donated though. Instead the SAS Editors make up the transaction fee costs, and the member gets credited for the entire donation as they intended it.

Donating in Dollars also helps keep these thank-you credits simpler. Once we start receiving exchange-rate linked amounts, you are going to see some funny amounts in the target sections in the first page of this post lol :). But that is not the end of the world. We have learned to count (right after learning java).

S!  ;)
CirX

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2017, 09:00:00 AM »

It is that time again: Time to thank those who took time to make a donation toward the running and upkeep of this place :)

Since the last round of beers, the following guys have put some money into the kitty:

jg1234
flapper1
IKolincak
Spad42
okyone
ubben77

Thank you very much guys! Especially as always Ivan, and also to ubben77 who made a whopper of a donation. Cheers!

Type83Fighter

• It needs a tailhook.
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2017, 12:49:24 AM »

I'd be more than happy to donate, it is the least I can do for all these years of fun/stress relief, but it seems SAS doesn't take money from Japan. Any workarounds?
"You seem to be disappointed in my efforts only because my efforts were disappointing"

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2017, 08:40:12 AM »

I'd be more than happy to donate, it is the least I can do for all these years of fun/stress relief, but it seems SAS doesn't take money from Japan. Any workarounds?

Hi

Unfortunately,afaik, japanese law prohibits the making of donations through paypal. We could set up another type of payment button, but that is a bit naughty, and in the end, not worth the chance of us loosing the account altogether. Thanks for the support though :)

CirX

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2017, 01:31:02 AM »

Another month has passed. We have started getting donations through the requested Euro button also :) There are some problems with this as Paypal wont reflect the dollar amount of it directly without upgrading to a business account. So there is no accurate way to calculate what the actual dollar amounts credited to the account it. What they do is to have a phantom separate Euro Balance where the Euro donations are shown, with the total final balance in USD, and thus no way to calculate each donation separately.

But that aside, thank you all very much! We will take it whatever way it comes, and we are very grateful. What we are going to do from now on is just pick a slightly lower exchange than current, so a similar rate like what you'd get on PP or another merchant account, calculate the Euro donations to USD with that and round it to the nearest (so we dont have to deal in cents). Hope that will be OK for everyone.

So, a big thank you to the following guys for donations received over the last month:

Kraut1
GEORGES44
IKolincak
majortom

Thank you very much gents! Beers on...you! :)
Salute!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2017, 01:14:10 AM »

It is mid April and time to tally up and thank the guys who have sent donations for the upkeep of this website. These are the dudes:

Airbourne
gmkump
IKolincak
Steve Schumaker
jg1234

Thank you very much guys! Garry, special thank you for the rather big donation, and to the friends like Ivan, Merfyn, Steve and Joseph who are regulars on this list, a very special thank you.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #259 on: May 14, 2017, 09:49:22 AM »

A big thank you for those guys who have made donations since mid April, towards keeping this forum going. An especial thanx to Gary, who put in a big one, but every bit helps guys, and we appreciate it. And as always to our very regular donators, like Korrigan and Ivan, a big cheers!

Got lots of donations in Euros, so that system seems to be working pretty well.

So, without further ado, here are the men of the hour:

Bruce Mitchell
Dick Hoogenraad
1941UH
Korrigan
IKolincak
gmkump
printenduevel

Just a note: If you did not put a notation on the donation mentioning your screenname here, and your paypal email addy is different from the one you used to register here, we unfortunately have no easy way to find your screenname, and then we use the real name as on the donation. Hope this is OK. If not, just message me and I'll edit the info as needed.

All the best for the next month!

sowercrowd

« Reply #260 on: May 24, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »

....just made 4 attempts to donate to sas, but was denied from paypal 😠...

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2017, 12:08:40 AM »

What was the exact error message?
Donating from germany is definitely possible, printenduevel just did so too.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2017, 03:05:13 AM »

Another month has passes, and as I sit here with one eye on the last hours of Le Mans, it is time to tally up the donations received since last time, and to thank the guys who made them! There have been quite a few over the past month, and some of them were big donations. Thank you very much dudes!

They are:

Jazzmaster 
1941UH     
Airbourne
gmkump   
Darky1958   
REDVO   
Bowie57 

Again, big thank you gentlemen. Cheers and Salutations!

Remember if you make a donation to add your screenname to the comments section of the donation, otherwise, if we cannot find your email on our memberlist, we have to use the name on your paypal account. If this already happened and you would like your real name changed out for your screenname in this thread, just PM me and we will fix it.

All the best!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2017, 08:55:03 AM »

Another Month has passed. In South Africa we are in mid winter, but hopefully for the guys in the northern hemi it is a bit better.

Sadly we received just 3 donations the past month, and two of them from one guy.

Ivan donated twice, once for every month as usual, so a big thank you as always to you (IKolincak), and we also received a nice donation from resistor, thank you Matt! I have spread that one out over two months as well since the total target for the previous month was less than the total received.

Till next month, be cool and be safe!
S!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 27 queries.