Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Barb Wire Fence Opaque-Grey-Wall fix  (Read 12522 times)

Hubberranz

• Modder
Barb Wire Fence Opaque-Grey-Wall fix
« on: November 17, 2014, 09:24:41 PM »

This mod corrects the following objects 46: Bwire1, Bwire2, Bwire3 and Bwire4

...zoomed-in view after the mod was applied.

Fix: https://www.mediafire.com/download/627i8kwwppc76az/Better_Barbwire46_Base-mats.7z
Like the others before, this mod is placed in MAPMODS\3do..                               ... as of 09/01/2017, downloaded 485 times ...

When seen at a not so great distance, the original barb wire looks like a totally opaque grey wall:

Before.

After.
Thanks to the original concept by Wxtech ( ugly-cranes fix ):  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,43024.msg483649.html#msg483649

New BP_Earth with the 3 x triple Alveoles of HSFX7 ...V3                                           Choose and use Files or MAPMODS

Fix: https://www.mediafire.com/download/l448hkfvlqf4575/BP_Earth__HSFX7Alveoles_base,matsV3.7z

BP_Earth with triple Alveoles of HSFX7 ...V3:                                                                     ... as of 09/01/2017, downloaded 127 times ...
BP_Earth with triple Alveoles of HSFX7 ...V2:                                                                     ... as of 03/16/2015, downloaded 12 times ...
Previous version BP_Earth test:                                                                                         ... as of 03/16/2015, downloaded 84 times ...

Edlor

• Modder
    • My Other Pastime
Re: Barb Wire Fence Opaque-Grey-Wall fix
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 10:29:32 PM »

Wow that looks waaaay better Hubberranz  ;)

Thanks for sharing this. Are there anymore to come ?

Cheers,
Ed
It's not the size of the wand that matters. It's the quality of the magic it performs.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:51:06 PM »

very good mod, like it. many thanks for this!  ;)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 12:31:03 AM »

Thanks for this nice little addition!

Cheers,
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Oscarito

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 02:55:22 AM »

Many Thanks!
Now my POW concentration camps look much better...!!! :D
v4.12+MA 5.3 - Win 7

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 03:50:14 AM »

Hello Hubberranz,

thank you very much.

WUNDERBAR!

Regards, Gerhard  :)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 03:53:08 AM »

Yesss, very good !

Best regards, Thierry.

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 05:41:56 AM »

Thank you everyone your comments !
I really appreciate !  8)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 03:40:38 AM »

Ah ha! More objects utilizing transparency which benefit from tweaked values in their .mat files. I've never used these barbed wire fences before, and so never thought to apply the fix to them. Thanks for finding this! I wonder how many more objects might remain to tweak?
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 03:48:58 AM »

Thank you very much !
Very good idea !
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 08:25:25 AM »

Thanks for sharing this. Are there anymore to come ?
Ah ha! More objects utilizing transparency which benefit from tweaked values in their .mat files. I've never used these barbed wire fences before, and so never thought to apply the fix to them. Thanks for finding this! I wonder how many more objects might remain to tweak?
Hi WxTech. Thanks again. Thanks Epervier glad you like it !
I do this on a need to do basis. Sometimes we don't use an object just because it simply looks very bad.
In the pictures I used the heavy barb wire actually in the rear of my airport installations,
while upfront I use the lighter "single" row barb wire ( Fence_4 ) because it looked better at the time.
So I wondered why not do Fence_4 as well, but concluded that it looked just fine as it is, even though it is
an object that does use transparency also. It's a case of "if it is not broken then don't fix it" I guess.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 05:56:05 PM »

Another object which benefits from this treatment  is the 3-bay airfield revetment in the Pacific objects folder. This object has wooden vertical posts which rise higher than the general top of the berms. These posts are simply drawn on a larger image, using transparency to separate them. Upon crossing a threshold in view distance, the appearance of these posts changes to a predominantly black area, due to the blurring together of the adjacent bits.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 26 queries.