Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ta-183 Huckebein Light Version  (Read 35898 times)

caldrail

• http://www.unrv.com/forum/blog/31-caldrails-blog/
Re: Ta-183 Huckebein Light Version
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 11:29:52 AM »

I definitely want to see Rechlin come up with a two seat radar equipped version. Now that would be cool!

tater718

• Banned From Google
  • She's real fine my 409!
    • http://imageshack.us/
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 01:12:15 AM »

It seems a though the HuckyLite breaks up at high speeds very easily when compaired to the normal version. Can the boys at Reichlin look into this problem? Otherwise, I love this little beast. What a dogfighter it is!

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 08:45:05 AM »

maybe you reach higher speeds than with the other?
Maybe you turn tighter and pull more g's?
I don't have that issue, as I understood just the weight/armament was tampered with to get it to perform better?!

tater718

• Banned From Google
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 04:50:42 AM »

I ran some tests last night before posting. Both AC have the same top speed as far as I can tell. The normal 183 will cause blackout before it breaks up but HuckyLite just goes to pieces when very little elevator input.

I'll try it again this evening and see what happens. I may DL it again just for good luck.

tater718

• Banned From Google
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »

DL'ed and reinstalled.Fixed the problem.

Stanko-01

• Skinner
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »

cool thaanks very much

BaronFel181

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 12:34:23 AM »

I was wondering if perhaps the the 20mm MG-213 and/or 30mm MK-213 revolver cannons could be incorporated into this mod? Say one loadout option for 2X MG-213 and another for 2X MK-213? The high rate of fire of those guns would provide greater firepower and a higher hit probability against fast moving targets. From what I've heard the MG-213 had a very high projectile velocity and would be very much in keeping with the spirit of this mod. While either gun is heavier than the MG-151 or MK-108, a load of two MG-213 or MK-213 should still be considerably lighter than the original four MK-108s. Perusing the net I've seen the weight of the MK-108 quoted at 57 Kilograms and th MG/MK-213 at 75 Kilograms. The guns have already been created and are used as mod weapons in this sim by the Me-410D and Me-262B Nachtjaeger in certain loadouts. Considering that this aircraft is very much a "what if" and that the revolver cannons in question were in development at the end of World War II, I think the addition of the new loadouts wouldn't be too much a stretch. It would certainly make for some excellent fun. BTW, I don't have any evidence that either gun was planned for the Ta-183, just thought it would be a good idea. Any thoughts?

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 01:12:51 AM »

Bombs were also planned in a semi recessed bomb bay in the fuselage.

Avimimus

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 10:36:35 PM »

Thoughts...

Like a lot of the "definitive" single engined jet fighter competition designs it is very compact and clever in keeping volume to a minimum. One would have to make detailed measurements to see if anything would fit. The lower guns seem to have the most room. The requirements originally called for 2xMk108 before being doubled (although the Ta-183 was designed after this, it is likely that a field mod could have been made - this seems the most likely possibility).

The Ta-183 was promoted mainly because drawings were detailed enough to begin production immediately - not because it had development potential or met specifications.

P.S. It would be great to see the 213 series cannons, with increased dispersion from the higher vibrations and with a jamming propensity added...

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 12:01:19 AM »

But at High speeds the Tail was unstable and would break apart, this had to be recalculated and tweaked just so it would fly in IL-2 properly. Of course I don't think they new that at the time.

Avimimus

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 12:13:41 PM »

Well there was enough suspicion the a second design was being worked on with a conventional tail... in fact the first Ta-183 prototype was supposed to be able to be fitted with both tail designs.

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 01:48:39 AM »

Well there was enough suspicion the a second design was being worked on with a conventional tail... in fact the first Ta-183 prototype was supposed to be able to be fitted with both tail designs.

Yes there is. The second had a conventional tail and the fuselage was stretched among other things.

Here it is:

http://www.luft46.com/fw/ta183-ii.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.