Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Game's on, People! The dark side.  (Read 70478 times)

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
Game's on, People! The dark side.
« on: October 29, 2014, 06:30:36 PM »

So here is the dark side of the medal, from a personal point of view.

I will write about personal opinions, short and to the point, and not make a major fuss about it.
Why, because despite the 1.000 version being released, and the product being "finished", i sense that this is the base that is being built upon for the future, and because i know  that bugfixes and improvements are on the way - current version is 1.003

and i invite you to join me, for the information of everyone.
Post your precise, to-the-point opinions with pictures to show what you mean.
If it is vague like "777 is the antichrist", do not post things like that.

Where is BoS not as good as FB? where is BoS so different from FB that it causes problems and conflicts with player habits and expectations?

Let me start with the GUI.
I do not like the square, large-area windows8 kind of look.
and let me combine that with the first really SUCKY piece of news.
i think the Image should speak for itself.
i make no comment.
i just SHOW.

I would liked to have a more "themed" Gui, with textures, maps, technical drawings.

Collecting dislikes since December '82.

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
Re: Game's on, people! The dark side.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »

And here a screenshot from the Full mission Builder:
or should i rather say:
this post is reserved for the full mission builder to come in early 2015

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:35:12 PM »

and here a download link to the Software so you can run your own server or host games yourself.
... so you do not have to rely on other select groups of people running too few servers with 75 slots that fill up so fast you often can not get in:
to come soon.

Yes. these two posts really hurt.
i know. i feel the pain and understand the critical impact.

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 06:44:50 PM »

ah! and here is how you name the folders to make your own skins appear in the game.
shit.... again nothing.
soon, and WIP they say.
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/3496-psd-skin-templates-skin-viewer-app/?p=184938

:(

okok, they are high rez and stuff.
no more 8 bit 1024 pixels.
gonna be something along these lines and it's not all that bad.
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/2397-first-approach-skins/?p=74228

Censorship:
so... because people like to cheat and have an invisible skin, and Nasty party Symbols, and paint Pink panthers on their Planes,
skins that are used online must be approved by the Developpers. And they will not tolerate Battle of france 109F skins in there because the theatre is wrong.
you can paint your skins, sure... but you can only use them offline.

last information i red.
if i amw rong and the situation is better, please correct me.

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 06:55:43 PM »

next up is the campaign and its unlock system.

A) for the moment there is only one campaign in five stages.
you have to complete the first stage to go to the second stage...
in FB you had several Cam,mapigns that you could choose from and run in paralell.

B) you can switch sides in the campaign in order to complete the stage. does not matter who you fly for, main thing is to get XP.

Feathered is posting some proper ideas at the moment, and the DevTeam is taking note to make stuff better.
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11420-flying-bos-dream-campaign-sp-inspiration-singleplayers-only/

C)
GRINDING to get better equipment and get someone to properly apply camouflage to your plane.
It's a drag, compared to FB where you just choose your loadout, at highest rank and off you go!
somehow it gives me the impression that the team's people that do the marketing and are not involved in air combat simulation
are envious of War Thunder, world of Warplanes and similar setups.
matter of taste. i do not like it, but i can live with it, hoping this does not repeat, because it undermines the simulation aspect quite a bit... pay to win and such.

D)
the battle began in July and august...
but the first time you start the campaign, you freeze your rocks off in the snow.
Big Rolleyes. Missing content.

that's all for today, i must stop or i will get grumpy.
whining es easier than being positive, ranting is done faster than appreciating the achievements.

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
Re: Game's on, People! The dark side.
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 04:49:39 AM »

Thank you very much Thypoon for providing broad information about pro's and con's of BoS. After reading all those I am still in "wait and see" mode. Altough the graphics on the screens and vids looks incredible and the flight physics are said to be better, features of a real sim seem to be missing here ... I hope those will be added (or the price lowered), otherwise I don't know if to buy BoS or not ...
When all else fails: read the instructions!

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 07:36:27 AM »

It's too bad you have this campaign system, because IMHO, flying in this sim is absolutly extraordinary.

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 08:50:37 AM »

it is, it is!

one criticism:
In teh red star fighters, you can slide the canopy open.
and then stick your head out so far that you can check your 6, and even further than the 6!
i mean, you stick not only the nose out... the entire head and also the shoulders!

That's cool at 200km/h and looking back.
But it is completely unfair at 500km/h, 600km/h, and i have my doubts that you could clearly see a lot of detail like small 109 dots a bunch of miles away.

I would want some proper ass Vibration when doing that... and especially when looking forwards  across the cowling.

some depth is missing and gives an unfair advantage.
because on the nasty side, if you slide the 190 canopy open or you tilt the 109 canopy sideways... they rip off and completely screw up your eerodynamix, making the ride almost impossible to handle.

and i can hear the crowd scanting "Russian oleg biassss!!!" - just stop that.
it's an exploit, it has not been thought through properly.

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 11:31:57 AM »

No manual, can't find sich a thing.

Need to learn as you go.I think it is very poor service to not provide some sort of basic manual  for this...
From the perspective for a new user more than for old hands, i think essential user instructions for installation/removal; Plane guides, control setup and similar should be created and made available - from version 1.000 onwards.

They could even have used user created information.
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/6670-cockpit-glance-reference-cards/
And since when does the user write the manual anyway.

No big deal for me, but a lack of professionalism.
appearently it is WIP
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12005-there-any-official-manual/?p=185964

still... shaking my head because to me, when something as complex as this is shipped or sold, it comes with a manual.
even the basic furniture for IKEA stuff has.

LuseKofte

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 04:38:00 AM »

I really dislike the unlock system, but as Gustav says, it is survivable. But when it is there you expect to get payed for a full mission, witch you do not if the $%&#" thing freeze up right after you push the mission ending button. Damn, happened to me 3 times already, without unlock system I would not think of it, now I am still pissed and it happens yesterday, and I am never pissed more than a minute of the time, but now it lasted for 18 hours, damn damn damn with a (!)

Another thing I do not like is the gps map in expert mode, they should give us proper navigating tools and let us navigate, yesterday I found out they can see my plane and hunt me down in it, It is not fair, I spend a lot of my time navigating in MP and there is a gps shitty thing helping less experienced people not able to navigate to shoot me down, I thought expert meant difficult, and normal was for those not able to navigate. :(

That crappy compass thingy as well, kills the immersion.

BUT, as you might read, it is early. The developers do not at the moment take critique well, and I cannot blame them. All the things I do not like are not a deal breaker, they are fixable.
 All thou I did not get Gustavs topic in the start I think he hit the nail with them. I can steam off here and I can get motivated in the other, I think I finally can say Well done Typhoon, it took some years to be able to say it, Well done!

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 07:10:20 AM »

Actually, what I mainly do not like is :
- Impossibility to fly "customized settings" in campaigns
- IA of bombers : they do not fly in formation when attacked

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 08:00:11 AM »

True for custom settings.

As the simulator stands now, there are two possible settings:
simple and hardcore.

explained:
you do not have a clue what checkboxes are checked for either modus.
it is not clear what settings are on, what settings are off [complex engine management, simple ballistics, simple FM, overheat on/off...]

this applies to both Offline grind campaign as well as online server modus [i think...!]
its either easy or hard. no info on either available.

That kind of sucks because you can not choose your settings according to your skills and tastes.

my tastes are like this, basically full real with icons(till i get the hang of spotting enemy planes):

=====================================================
my next kind of gripe is the community at the official forums.

I have never loved the ubisoft forums, banana forums... and now, the 777 forums are much the same - emerging luftwhiners and commie whiners, and above all, people banging again and again on the same "problems" and expecting change NOW and continuously spreading hate.

That moment when the staff member of the team flipped out and said they were all about to pull the plug because of negative user reviews... i can understand that.

Apart from a few very old hands feathered_IV, Icefire under the new name shamrockonefive [the dude who pushed the tempest in 1946] and a few  select others,
the scene is composed to 33% of Idiots,
who, at the moment at least, have nothing positive to say, a lot of bad vibes to dump on the Unlock subject
and are complaining that the Sim is not to their personal taste.

I must recommend you stay away from those forums and find like-minded people who like the sim, and who like to FLY in the sim.
and if you want to communicate your points of view, be prepared, say what you have to say, and do not get engaged in arguments.

You might get some good feedback...
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12359-thanks/

This is a shame - i need to tell the moderators and game makers they should Visit some squad forums instead of the Ocean of acid that exists at their own doorstep.
squad forums with positive and intelligent, laid-back sort of people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 26 queries.