Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Few - Battle of Britain DGen campaign (updated v1.2)  (Read 10521 times)

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
The Few - Battle of Britain DGen campaign (updated v1.2)
« on: October 25, 2014, 03:00:51 AM »

Hi all!

I would announce release of this new campaign, mainly featuring CAN_EnglishChannel map. You will fly a Hurricane Mk.I for No. 1 Squadron of the Royal Air Force during the main phase of Battle of Britain (August – September 1940).

This campaign is for UP2.01 and 4.09m.

Credits:
Laufer for building incredibly detailed and historically accurate mission templates
Marjak for hard debugging work which made possible playing this campaign

Link for download

Enjoy!
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
Re: The Few - Battle of Britain DGen campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:33:11 AM »

Updated to v1.1.

Introducing a German career (Bf 109E-4 belonging to III Gruppe of JG 54). German ranks have been revised, as well as a small correction was made for British ones. If you’ve installed "Moving Windsocks", you’ll see them on your airfield. Including fix for "Channel Map" error (courtesy of vpmedia).

Same link on first post.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Seppel

Re: The Few - Battle of Britain DGen campaign (updated v1.1)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 11:56:35 AM »

Hi!

I really want to play a real campaign again.
So I downloaded this one. But I'm not quiet sure, what to do or WHERE to put all the files???

Sorry for dump questioning!

And, can i play this campaign in coop with another player???
Kleinigkeiten machen die Vollkommenheit aus, aber Vollkommenheit ist keine Kleinigkeit.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 02:36:31 AM »

But I'm not quiet sure, what to do or WHERE to put all the files???

Just follow instruction:

1). You must have Jone Soft Generic Mod Enabler (which is part of UltraPack, though - you may find at the relevant link last version and some basic instruction).

2). Unzip the pack and launch the self-extracting executable, browse directory until your JSGME folder in IL-2 main one appears in “Extract to:” window, like in the example below, and click “Extract”.

3). Launch JSGME and install "The_Few_1-1" by it. Since this campaign replaces DGen.exe and some files with custom ones, please remove by same mean when finished (thus restoring all previous files).

WARNING! This campaign works only with version 4.09m of the game together with Ultrapack 2.01!

This campaign is not made to be played in coop.

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 01:11:04 PM »

WARNING! This campaign works only with version 4.09m of the game together with Ultrapack 2.01!

Hi greybeard

Thanks for your campaign update!
Nice to be able to fly for the Luftwaffe also  :)

Is it possible that the campaign might work with other game versions / mods also?
I don't have 4.09m with Ultrapack 2.01 installed....  :(

S!

vonOben
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 12:25:14 AM »

Is it possible that the campaign might work with other game versions / mods also?

Possible but not easy.

You must have exactly following non-stock aircraft installed (check your air.ini):

BF_109E1
BF_109E3
BF_109E4_BoB
HurricaneMkI_BoB
SPITFIRE1

as well as following map (check your all.ini):

CAN_EnglishChannel/1940load.ini

If you don't have, I don't know even where to find them, sorry. :(

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 08:19:21 AM »

I was able to successfully install this campaign with minor updates in a slightly modded HSFX 7.03 install.  I basically replaced the _bob aircraft in the campaign files with the native counterparts found in HSFX 7 (HurriMk1 12lb, 109E4).  Global search/replace in files with Notepad++ is quite nice and allows update in seconds! 

There are also a few additional tweaks that can be done to bring it up to v4.12 standards such as adding markings to stationary aircraft and even setting custom skins if desired.

All in all though, glad to see another BoB offering and with DGEN mod.  Nice work!

~S~
wind

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 01:10:08 AM »

Hi WindWpn,

glad you was able to get an HSFX version of this campaign. Please feel free to upload, maybe some users will like it!

Cheers,
GB

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 04:26:35 AM »

Please feel free to upload, maybe some users will like it!

Yes, I'm interested in a HSFX7 version!
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

Seppel

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 05:13:00 AM »

Me tooooooo!

Will it be without necessary MODs ?
Kleinigkeiten machen die Vollkommenheit aus, aber Vollkommenheit ist keine Kleinigkeit.

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 06:15:12 AM »

Hey all,  yea, the working version I have now is with HSFX 703 modded, but will try with base hsfx install to see how much additional tweaking is necessary and plan to deploy that way to allow an easy to use offering.  Perhaps I can have it by the upcoming weekend or following.

~S~
wind

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 02:28:00 AM »

Hi Greybeard

I've installed this campaign and also Bataille de France in my 4.09 install, but I can't get them to work.  :(
The planes for Bataille de France are installed and tested to work ok.
When I select the campaign and press Start I get this screen and can't use the generate button. The problem is the same in both campaigns. Below is a screenshot from Bataille de France (Westfeldzug 1940).

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Regards

vonOben
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 25 queries.