Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: IES Unlocker v1  (Read 8087 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
IES Unlocker v1
« on: October 12, 2014, 03:44:52 AM »

Dear SAS Modders,

In the old tradition of providing access to otherwise unaccessible game files required for modding, we are proud to provide you

The IES Unlocker v1

Download Links for the IES Unlocker v1
IES Unlocker v1 (Mediafire)

It is recommended to backup your original IES1.exe from your IES game folder before installing the unlocker.

Installation:
Run the executable, select your IES game folder and install the unlocker to that folder.

Usage:
When the file "dinput.dll" from this IES Unlocker is present in your IES game folder and the IES Unlocker is installed, the game will dump the files being accessed (java classes, meshes, textures etc.) to a subfolder "dump" inside your IES gamefolder.
If you want to (temporarily / permanently) disable the dump feature, you can simply rename/remove the file "dinput.dll" file from your IES game folder.

Q&A:

Q: I'm just playing IES, not modding it. Do I need the IES Unlocker or does it give me any benefits?
A: No and no. The IES Unlocker's purpose is just to give access to game contents otherwise hidden in the encrypted SFS archives.

Q: My Antivirus program alerts me that there's something wrong with your Unlocker.
A: That's a false positive, please add the IES Unlocker files to your antivirus program's exception list.
We're sorry for this but we can't do anything about it. Due to the way the IES creators encrypted, obfuscated and packed the code of their game launcher files, and due to the way the launchers inject code into several parts of executable files and last but not least due to the dynamically creation of executables at game start time, several antivirus programs treat these files too suspicious not to block them.
Since our task wasn't to recreate the launchers from the scratch but just to unlock them, the issues are inherited from the original IES files.
If you want to complain, you can do so where the launcher was created: At the Histo boards.
For your reference you can find virus scanning reports here:
IES1.exe: http://www.virustotal.com/de/file/435d5c37c5e09f140521aeb2fac1afd062aa29f774c44bf6914fa88e9d4e5211/analysis/1413097956/
dinput.dll: http://www.virustotal.com/de/file/a17b617f181a9cdd06e65841eb637e04be6aea4956a3a6780f120724fdf6d84f/analysis/1413096764/
IES1 Unlocker v1.exe: http://www.virustotal.com/de/file/5ffc6a67fac60b94fd8a0e8827c6d6af3eefcb83ef8bdf9a14aeb2e6a8a68a7d/analysis/1413105635/
We promise that we didn't put any trojans and/or viruses in, all reports are false positives.

Q: Isn't this illegal?
A: Modding IL-2 itself isn't fully compatible with the game's T&C, but it's tolerated by 1C/Maddox/Ubisoft/TD.
IES itself in it's own is a "hack". The creators of IES say that if you can get access to it's files, you're free to do so:
"Tu veux le décoder? Libre à toi, nous n’empêcherons personne de le faire, de diffuser les solutions et les outils et de mettre en ligne le pack, et les cockpits de F_Red."
English:
"You want to decode? You are free to do so, we not prevent anyone to do, distribute solutions, tools, distribute the pack and the cockpits F_Red."
(Source: http://histomodforum.forumactif.org/t2870-demande-de-retrait-d-un-mod#22564)

Q: Can I ask further questions?
A: If they concern this Unlocker, yes. If they concern IES in general, no. You might want to read this: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42944.0.html

Credits:
Original IES files: Histo
Unlocking of IES files: SAS Pirates

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Catsy

• Modder
Re: IES Unlocker v1
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 05:51:54 AM »

Thank you Mike,

I would add this link: https://www.mediafire.com/download/6anoqaecm6g5e9f/IES_Decrypt.torrent

It will (via a torrent) to those who are interested to download the SFS files decrypted. This allows to use this pack without using IES.exe, but with a classic il2fb.exe.

Catsy

carsmaster

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 04:21:46 AM »

Thanks Mike, thank you to everyone who helped make this tool.

Encryption HSFX not pretty.

For example:
Russian moders bought SFS archiver and gave people around the world.

csvousden

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 06:24:20 PM »

is the decrypt torrent dead?

csvousden

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 07:23:16 PM »

This may not be a legal question, but I am going to ask it anyway:  is the wrapper.dll a particular SAS modact wrapper?

I can't even get the game started, and there was no wrapper.dll in the download from the disc. 

my humble apologies if this question is off limits.

CV

csvousden

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »

oh, and thanks for the decrypt torrent.
C

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 12:58:17 AM »

I can't even get the game started
As stated in first question of Q&A, the files offered here are not for players of IES, but for modders who need to access files from IES.
IES itself has been pulled from public, development is carried on in private.
If you want to mod something from the initial IES release and need to get access to it, send me a PM.

Best regards - Mike

csvousden

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 11:40:25 AM »

Thanks Mike, I sent an email.
CV

csvousden

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 05:45:50 PM »

Thanks Catsy!

DaveB

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 01:40:41 PM »

Is this file still available please. Mediafire determines that it is dangerous and blocks it for download  o_O

Cheers DaveB

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 01:54:49 PM »

This program is useless!
The IES pack has long since been unprotected!
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 01:42:13 AM »

I don't think you can even download IES1 anymore these days.

]cheers[
Mike
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 27 queries.