Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Fix Cockpits  (Read 118774 times)

SkyHigh

Re: Fix Cockpits
« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2015, 04:34:19 AM »

Jeronimo, don't be discouraged. These cockpit refinements are revolutionary to IL-2 1946 and really modernise it. In a flight sim one is always in the cockpit.

BOYAN

« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2015, 04:37:41 AM »

Hey mr. Jeronimo, I was wondering the same... Some encouragement from me if I may...because your work on this mod looks and feels amazing!

Change guns into cockpits!

And if you ever continue to work on cockpits, please please consider the F-84, its the only jet remaining with the pointy cockpit... (this is with stock textures, Cromhunt`s look sooo much better)

Forager

« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2015, 07:16:35 AM »

PA_Jeronimo, this is just one of the credits to you from the CFM Manual:

"PA_Jeronimo 3D Cockpit Fixes
In addition to the massive Engine, Wheels and Cowling fixes: the Cockpit improvements have
massively upgraded Il2/1946 and CFM. The sim 3D now looks a lot more up to date with the rough
edges ironed off inside as well as outside. This work is of great importance in enhancing the sim and
very much appreciated by every Il2/1946 (Mods) pilot."

That expresses what we all think about your free gifts to us all.
We, who benefit from the work You and others have done, often neglect posting our thanks but we are thankful.

(Now, about those....just kidding. :) )

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2015, 07:17:35 AM »

I don't know, I've been a time without much encouragement. :(
I juste discovered your mod recently, and for me, it's a real game changer !

Please more (P40 ?) ?

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2015, 07:21:37 AM »

I can't say it any better than Forager just did. Thanks!

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2015, 11:39:39 AM »

Are you kidding?

I was just wondering why you wasn't going on, but was afraid to disturb since you already did such a huge and great work and deserved some rest, of course!

BTW... Lavochkin's PLEASE!
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Fagot

« Reply #210 on: February 05, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »

Offensively, I was so waiting for new cockpits for the LaGG, La-5,7 in your performance, I hope to continue. Thank you for your work!

Yeager_1946

• Modder
« Reply #211 on: February 05, 2015, 12:54:34 PM »

Sir Jero, Please do not feel discouraged. I'm sure everyone will agree that your mods are some of the most valuable and most needed upgrades to our beloved IL-2!  :)

Through your beautiful cowlings, spinners, wheels and now your amazingly beautiful cockpits, you have updated IL-2 to a visual level we never thought would be possible.

We all thank you for your great contributions and hopefully we will see more of your amazing work!  :)

PA_Willy

« Reply #212 on: February 05, 2015, 01:55:05 PM »

... you have updated IL-2 to a visual level we never thought would be possible.

Exactly. I agree.

LucShep

• Piece of cake, old chap...
« Reply #213 on: February 05, 2015, 03:44:56 PM »

Will there be further development mod's?

I got in somewhat late to the "IL2 with mods" party (nearly a decade away from combat flight sims) and, I have to say, one thing (among others) that I always thought about IL2 is that it deserves (a lot) better cockpits.

Allow me to extend a bit here (hopefully not too boring :-[ )...

I recently had a go with Histomod (IES), and while the few new ultra-detailed cockpits in it are really, really good (for sure!), they can be an absolute resource hog, with framerates plummeting, sometimes to unbearable framerates (unplayable for me).
IMO, it means that all that great effort (must have been) results in something less than ideal, not being well optimized. The trade off can be too big at times (and not acceptable IMO).

I honestly think you have hit the "sweet spot", if that makes sense.
I tried all of your fixes posted in this thread and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself with every single one.
They look great, and do exactly as advertised. On top of that, they still deliver super nice framerate (i.e, have your cake and eat it!).
That is the kind of dedicated work I would expect from a top modder - good, positive results, without bringing any bad, negative trade-offs.

IMHO -and hopefully not overstaying my welcome now- the only things I would dare saying that are "must try" for any new cockpits, from whoever wants to do them for IL2 (be it "refresh" or "all-new" works), are noticeable improvements in canopy glass reflection effects (we've seen some), and better texturing by using fake-shadowing techniques, in panels, dash, etc (since there is no self-shadowing cockpits feature in IL2).
Very tricky and not easy, I now. But these things are so much more effective than any exaggerated million-polygons 3d model, not just in eye-candy but performance as well (which is vital for this genre).

I sincerely hope you find encouragement to pick up and do more "fixes" for cockpits (doing them all is maybe asking too much!).
These are a much needed refresh to IL2's cockpits and, I believe, your work is perhaps more well regarded than you initially thought. :)

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2015, 08:19:17 AM »

My telepathic friend, do you need a list of all the aircraft in campaigns I am currently flying to give you new encouragement?  ;)

Seriously though, many many thanks for what you have done - it really enriches the experience for me. If there is no more then I am grateful, if there is more then I am excited and grateful once more!

Best regards,

Martin

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2015, 12:02:22 PM »

How are you doing my friend?!

Just came back to the net this week. Hard time here myself, but that is nothing new.. :D
So, hope to have you as happy team mate buddy.
I hope you are allright Jero! See you!
 ;)
Thorsten
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 28 queries.