Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ag&HRt_ebro1938 NEW 27-FEB-2011 NEW 4.10? (NEW 27-2-11)  (Read 33030 times)

Alban

Re: HRt_ebro1938
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 04:45:34 PM »

Point taken Rata means Rat, not complimentary. Still though a Freudian slip on the part of bad guys who had distinct problems with the I-16. A shame the Republic had so few.
On a tangent, there is a series on STV about the Scottish members of the international Brigade showing at the moment, which might be of intrest to people intrested in the Spanish civil war.

Cheers
Alban

Alban

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »

Hi, had the map up and flew around a bit with the new MOSCA with the cyclone engine. Ah the joys of steep quick dives and no grav feed problems with the engine.
In regard to the map, it's stunningly good except for one thing, the rivers in the distance seem to be a very light blue, this corrects as you get closer. I know the map is a beta and not the finished article but you said you wanted feed-back.
The landscape generally is superb catching the Semi-arid nature of the area, mixed patched of brown sand with green grassy areas and trees.
I can't wait for this to be finished, with a few more planes modded to add variety it will be a great adjunct to the Il2 sim. Especially as i have always loved the interwar planes as having great character.

Cheers and great work
Alban

ftarquisa

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 02:02:46 AM »

thank you alban, your remarks have been acknowledged. Oh, and we are happy that you enjoyed your flight with that gorgeous MOSCA

MOSCA

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »

Crazy plane isn't it, an engine with wings on?

ftarquisa

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »

it is a wonder of a plane for sure...

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 04:21:44 AM »

Point taken Rata means Rat, not complimentary.

Even so, doesn´t Mosca mean a fly in Spanish? No offense intended, but flies are very unhealthy, dirty and disease carrying insects. Loathsome things. Not very complimentary as a name either I´d think ...

ftarquisa

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 05:04:15 AM »

Even so, doesn't Mosca mean a fly in Spanish? No offense intended, but flies are very unhealthy, dirty and disease carrying insects. Loathsome things. Not very complimentary as a name either I'd think ...

fly is not taken as a bad word in Spanish, which indeed is what mosca means, it has some other meanings like very light weight (boxing "peso mosca"), while rata has no other meaning that I'm aware of..

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 05:50:11 AM »

Hi...does anyone have QMB missions to d/l for this map?
Thanks a lot

Alban

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 05:42:50 PM »

Hi, sorry i started this, Rata means Rat in Spanish and was the nickname given to the I-16 by the Falangists, at once a pejorative and also a back handed compliment to it's effectiveness. Mosca means fly and refers both the the diminutive size of the plane and the noise it made, as noted above also refers to it meaning light weight, as in the English Flyweight to describe a light weight class of something. But the term Rata tends to have stuck with this design, often not in italics.

I hope this clarifies
Alban

Chewaca

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 04:30:48 AM »

The term "rata" was give to the plane when the JU-52 bombed Madrid, on november ´36 and the first "Mosca" arrived from Russia because the tactic was flying low almost at the roofs height and climbing fast attacking the belly unprotected of the bombers.
To the german flyers, they seems like rats coming out of the underground
The term "Mosca" came from the boxes where the planes coming packed, stenciled was Mockba (Moscu) which sound much like "Mosca" in spanish

We the "reds" prefer call it Mosca  :D :D

ftarquisa

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 05:59:56 AM »

The term "rata" was give to the plane when the JU-52 bombed Madrid, on november ´36 and the first "Mosca" arrived from Russia because the tactic was flying low almost at the roofs height and climbing fast attacking the belly unprotected of the bombers.
To the german flyers, they seems like rats coming out of the underground
The term "Mosca" came from the boxes where the planes coming packed, stenciled was Mockba (Moscu) which sound much like "Mosca" in spanish

We the "reds" prefer call it Mosca  :D :D

that's a great explanation

Chewaca

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 06:45:57 AM »

that's a great explanation

Ya, pero que lo digas tu no se si tiene tanto merito compañero.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 28 queries.