Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do-335-lost?  (Read 2917 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Do-335-lost?
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 05:04:25 AM »

yes, mate - you can have as many copies of the game installed as you wish.
of course, it can only be 'installed' once, but this install you can simply make copies of, as much as you wish. ;)

for example, on my gaming pc, IL-2 is not even installed, as far as Windows is concerned, but i have +- 20 different installs of the game, different stock versions, and different modded versions. all work fine  8)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Mopat

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 02:44:58 PM »

So, my laptop are:
640GB HDD, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GT520MX graphics card, IntelCore I3-2350 CPU 2,3GHz...I think its low to using some state-of-the art first person walking-and-shooting game, but hope enough to use 4.12.2 TNL!(really???)
I will checking my UP downloads. So, i save the original, rar/7z format parts too. If i will tried to unzip them one after another, every corruption possible will be detect...If rouge files located, possible dont need new reinstall. Also test every planes if possible...Do-335 lost only, or even some other?
Malone, if i need another version, dont need a virgin 4.07 at first? Because my current install are a modded one...not a great basis... ;D
THX

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 10:29:57 PM »

my advice is to always keep a copy of the stock, unmodded game.
then you simply make another copy of this, patch it up as necessary, and mod it further.
you can't use a modded game for a different version, no.

Mopat

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 11:36:06 PM »

Good morning, SAS Comrades!
Roger that, Malone!
So, because my current game are in the D:, not in C:, i will search my old(OK, buy 2012) cd, and install a stock game in the usual, C:/program files directory. I think its possible. This will the "core", the "National Golden Standard." Than make a copy, for example at D:/(of course a different directory than the current game), and patched-modded as needed! But retain one original stock version.
Mopat

Mopat

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 11:21:35 PM »

Good Central EU morning!
So, tests are running. And He-219 are also lost...the same fate as Do-335. Possibly, he-219 uses same class file, and the default weapons also similar(MK-103 and MG-151/20...)But i am sure that i fly Uhu some weeks ago, as UP 3 tested...(Do-335 not used since UP install, until some days ago), hmm...what if i will try to install the He-219 Uhu like a mod, in my MODS directory??I will need changed the air.ini entry? Or overwrite the current install(like Twister's Ta-183 mod, no .ini changes needed?) Or this idea is a total crash?
Mopat

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 11:46:04 PM »

hmm...what if i will try to install the He-219 Uhu like a mod, in my MODS directory??I will need changed the air.ini entry? Or overwrite the current install(like Twister's Ta-183 mod, no .ini changes needed?) Or this idea is a total crash?
Mopat

i get worried when i read posts like this.....
of course, ALL mods must be installed in MODS directory!
where on earth are you installing your mods at the moment... :o
the Uhu is a mod plane, always has been, so if it's not installed in MODS folder, it's not installed....
holy.... ???.....well, i am almost too afraid to ask any more right now, lol....
it's still not clear to me what game version you are even running, so please let us know.
what version, what mods, in what folders....
i do not recommend using older version mods on a newer version, also....

Mopat

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 12:57:07 AM »

THX fast reply, Malone!
So, I have Patch 4.10.1, and UP3RC4. This is a huge mod package, of course. Also, another mods are added to "MODS" directory. In case of UP3, this directory called "UP". But He-219 are itself the part of the original UP3RC4 package.(If i know properly) This plane originally made by Benitomuso, i think.(If i know properly) But i find now another He-219 pack by Epervier. Also have a variant for 4.09 and another for 4.1x+MODS.  I think, i will need the latter one. And i think its possible to install my game. He states, that the latter variant have diferent air.ini entries and skin names, to avoid confrontations with the original, UP3 Uhu. But its only a plan of me. Epervier UHU pack not installed, even not downloaded till now :-\
Mopat

Mopat

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 12:45:54 AM »

Problem solved!!!
So, i have installed Eperviers "new" He-219 Uhu mod. Added skins and .ini and .ru entries...and:
Both "old" Uhu and "new" Uhu working(as he states!), Do-335 also returned! Tested, confirmed...other planes with Mk-103/108 also used(Me-410, Fw-190D15, it seems to work properly...)
The reason-Epervier's "5.14.1 Uhu" mod contents a german weapon package directory (Mg-151,MK-108, MK-103 files...)like, for example the "spanish bomb package".
Many THX, gentlemen! Good weekend to all!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.