Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release  (Read 139888 times)

Tonyeh

Re: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release
« Reply #372 on: May 13, 2019, 09:50:46 PM »

Hi Motorhead,

I have been trying to get your campaigns to work, but so far I've run into various problems. I patched 'IL2 1946' to 4.12.2 and installed the HSFX and tried your 'Pearl Harbor - Tokyo' mod. I put the files into an empty DGen folder too, like you suggested.

But the campaigns don't generate and just beep. So, I have uninstalled everything and just freshly installed 'Il2 1946' with no mods.

So, what exactly do I do to get your stuff working? What do I install on a fresh 'IL2 1946'? Can you list out what I must install?

Apologies in advance for my stupidity!

Giuseppin

« Reply #373 on: May 15, 2019, 02:43:43 AM »

Tonyeh, this Campaign works in the absolutely awesome Asura's DGen 2.1 for 4.13.4. Only.

Tonyeh

« Reply #374 on: May 15, 2019, 03:28:23 PM »

Tonyeh, this Campaign works in the absolutely awesome Asura's DGen 2.1 for 4.13.4. Only.

Thanks Giuseppin.

I'll download Asura's DGen Mod 2.1.

I just checked. It's a huge 18gb download!!!  :o

Tonyeh

« Reply #375 on: May 16, 2019, 12:50:49 AM »

Hmmmm, so I have discovered more problems. Sorry!  :-[

But, I downloaded Asura's DGen Mod 2.1 and installed it over IL2 1946 4.13.4.

It plays well and the pacific campaign looks great.

BUT...

The engine sound of the F4F Wildcat has an issue. 2 seconds there is some static interference in the audio of the engine noise and it's really irritating. This noise only happens on the F4F-3, F4F-4, FM-1 aircraft. The FM-2 sounds good.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for it or is there some way I can change the engine sound to get rid of the fault?

I have tried deleting the DGEN_SOUND.SFS file in the SFS_DGEN folder. It reverts the engine sound back to the original sound, but it also makes the game crash when I fly a mission.

Is there a solution for this problem? Does Asura know about it?

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
« Reply #376 on: May 16, 2019, 01:41:11 AM »

Hello Tonyeh!
Yes, we know about problems with sound. However, this is not campaign issue, but DGENpack engine problem. Asura promise to fixe this in some of new updates. Whats your impressions about my campaigns?
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

Tonyeh

« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2019, 03:01:26 AM »

Hi Motorhead,

So far, I've started a career as a USMC pilot on Wake. But, I've had to change the F4F-3 for an FM-2 in the planesUM223.dat file, to get rid of the weird engine noise in the early Wildcat.

I've only flown a couple of missions so far, but they've been well done and I'm enjoying it.

I like the way you've set out the campaign structure and I'm looking forward to being able to use the Solomons map and fly around the Slot.

I'm returning to IL2 after a long time away and before I wasn't able to use the new maps with the stock DGen from Starshoy. So, it's great to see that the community has been able to create a new DGen for use with mods and new and more comprehensive campaigns.

Tonyeh

« Reply #378 on: May 18, 2019, 07:26:22 AM »

Hi Motorhead,

So, I've played a few missions in a couple of campaigns so far. A USMC campaign and a USN campaign. The missions are pretty good and varied.

But, there are serious problems with the sound ( I know you said that you and Asura are aware of this) and not just with the F4F engine that I mentioned earlier.

The radio audio for your squadron mates keeps disappearing or going silent during missions. And if I pause the game during a mission, the entire game goes silent.

Do you know if we can just revert back to the original IL2 1946 sounds? Is there any files in the DGenpack that we can delete?

Motörhead

« Reply #379 on: June 12, 2019, 04:45:19 AM »

Do you know if we can just revert back to the original IL2 1946 sounds? Is there any files in the DGenpack that we can delete?

Hello Tonyeh!
Sorry for late answer. I dont have much time to work at campaign, work in real life takes too many hours...
At the moment, only solution with sound problems for me, is to turn on text indication of radio messages. I don't know any other solution. Only turns on text messages, and waiting for DGENpack next update where this problem will be fixed.
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

Tonyeh

« Reply #380 on: June 15, 2019, 10:15:05 PM »

No problem Motorhead! Thanks for getting back. Work and real life is rubbish. LOL  ;D

I've been looking at the forum on aviaskins.com, but I don't speak Russian, so it's difficult to follow.

Anyway, looking forward to the next DGenpack update from Asura and more of your campaigns too. They are the best thing to happen to IL2 in many, many years.

Motörhead

« Reply #381 on: June 18, 2019, 01:29:14 PM »

Hello Tony! Feel free to ask me at Skype, so i can give you some answers. And of course, i always need a beta-testers, because project is too large for me to test it.

Tonyeh

« Reply #382 on: June 20, 2019, 10:14:48 AM »

Unfortunately, with my own work/life schedule, I couldn't offer any beta testing time MH, sorry. I'd like to be able to, but I can barely get any to actually just play the game as it is.  :(

larschance

« Reply #383 on: August 29, 2019, 05:00:50 PM »

Hi Motorhead. May I ask you to clear up some confusion on my part regarding Asura's DGenpack 3.0. I don't read Russian and cant seem to get a reply to my emails via aviaskins or make sense of the manual in russian. Bless asura for translating the pack for us. That must be a long job.
Which Il2 version does v3.0 merge with
As far as I can tell DGen 1.3 fits over stock 4.13.3 then DGen2.0 fits over that.
The website doesn't mention v3.0 only v2.0 or 2.1 but the downloads are 40 parts of v3.0 FULL and 20 parts of V3.0 UPD. Does the latter get added to V2.0 or is it to be added to V3.0 FULL.
Keep up the good work on your campaigns btw. I look forward to being shot down in many missions to come. lol
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 28 queries.