Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release  (Read 139683 times)

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
Re: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release
« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2017, 12:47:34 PM »

Code: [Select]
To make things clear, on screenshot is my vision of merged map, 4 possible versions, any of them will be useful for campaign:Hi Motorhead
I have a new map I am working on, with approximate dimensions as below

As yet it is not populated, and will take a month or so to add enough airfields, towns, texts etc
Only the western end of New Britain is showing but it does include Rabaul.
The map also extends to south of Guadalcanal to show Rennel Island, and south of New Britain to show Sudest and Rossel Islands

Download map here https://www.mediafire.com/file/bpysra95ysm2oa0/sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea.7z

Best regards
Squash

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »

hi, I noticed that if I start an RAF campaign, the "rank" i have to select at the start are in russian,while in german campaigns or usn campaigns are correct.
Hello! I try to fixe it with Asura. At this moment you can easily repair it, just copy "rank.properties" file from default IL-2 version (take it from "Missions\Campaign\GB" folder).

I'm pleased to say that the bomber takeoff bug I reported on some time ago seems to have improved (at least for the B-24D)..
Its good news commando, but... In fact, we never change nothing with AI take-off and formation flight algorhytm. Whole AI based on stock IL-2 4.13 version, nor Asura, nor me not know nothing how to change AI work. Only thing i can promise: in one of next updates players flight fuel loadout will be limited to 70-80%, to let them take-off with any bomb load-out. Maybe this feature will be as new option in "settings" file, so, you can change it for any campaign. It's not the best solution, but only thing we can do.

the problem is that I not able to see the map within the mission ... i usually set M for Map and still it is, but now when I try to see the map, instead of the map it appears the mouse icon on te screen ... what to do to have Map visible again ?
Hm, first time i heard about porblem like this. Maybe, you need to attach "M" key for map in settings again?
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

Motörhead

« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2017, 09:10:54 AM »

I have a new map I am working on, with approximate dimensions as below
Fantastic news Squashman!!!
Tell me please, how to write map name in all.ini file?! Also, i need to know, which exactly year your map shows? I need december 1943 - february 1944 version, with Piva/Uncle and Torokina airfields on Bougainville, Barakoma on Vella Lavella and Stirling on Treasury island, to show 13th AF final actions against Rabaul!
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2017, 10:22:47 AM »

Hi Motorhead

The map is blank at the moment so it can be whatever years you like - I guess it's just different airfields for different years. I haven't started to populate it as yet, but can soon put in the airfields that you want.

Did you download the map from the link yet.
Download map here https://www.mediafire.com/file/bpysra95ysm2oa0/sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea.7z

The all.ini can be
sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea              sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea/load.ini

regards Mike (Squashman)

Motörhead

« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2017, 10:49:25 AM »

Hi Motorhead

The map is blank at the moment so it can be whatever years you like - I guess it's just different airfields for different years. I haven't started to populate it as yet, but can soon put in the airfields that you want.

Did you download the map from the link yet.

The all.ini can be
sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea              sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea/load.ini

regards Mike (Squashman)

Can tell you two things)

1 - I try to load map in my HSFX version (use it specially for tests), but game won't load. Maybe, WIP status of map is the reason for this)
2 - Mike, to optimize your work, you can copy/paste airfields from Solomons and NGNB stock maps. What you think about it?

blackshark

« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2017, 11:36:14 AM »

the problem is that I not able to see the map within the mission ... i usually set M for Map and still it is, but now when I try to see the map, instead of the map it appears the mouse icon on te screen ... what to do to have Map visible again ?
Hm, first time i heard about porblem like this. Maybe, you need to attach "M" key for map in settings again?
[/quote]

I "reattached" M key for map (Full map on screen) but it does not work ... still instead of the map, the mouse appear on the screen .... and on the 4.13.4 before dgenpack it works ... maybe there is something new about the "mouse management" or anything similar ?

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2017, 02:29:06 PM »

Try to assign a key for the normal map, click that one first and then the M-key. I sometimes have a similar hickup and that usually helps. If not, I´ve got no clue!
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #283 on: June 17, 2017, 03:38:51 PM »

1 - I try to load map in my HSFX version (use it specially for tests), but game won't load.
Hi Motorhead
I just tried the map in my HSFX-7 and it loads fine - Did Logfile give any clues?
Make sure you have all Tex files from Cyberolas' Singapore Maps. The "Singapore" folder goes in "Pacific" folder.
I think the Singapore textures are included in my Ceylon Map: (WIP Maps https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,52963.0.html)
Sorry, I would normally include the Tex folder with a map, as with Ceylon map
Download Ceylon map https://www.mediafire.com/?gn72g99ieb99yva
or check Cyberolas' Singapore download.

This is because I use Cyberolas' textures mainly in my maps. His textures I like very much because they are very realistic.

And yes, I can copy airfields from Solomons etc - just give me a list of Names and Locations (Do you have picture of map with locations of airfields? or I can Google) for whatever you want - if you have any photographs, I can try to get the airfields as authentic as possible - Also some towns may be important.

regards Mike

Motörhead

« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2017, 03:21:47 AM »

And yes, I can copy airfields from Solomons etc - just give me a list of Names and Locations (Do you have picture of map with locations of airfields? or I can Google) for whatever you want - if you have any photographs, I can try to get the airfields as authentic as possible - Also some towns may be important.

You don't need to use google to find photos) All airfields i need for 1944 campaign is already created in stock maps. So, this is really great, you don't need to waste many, many hours of work to build this airfields. Just copy paste this:

Maps names are, New Britain with Rabaul (january 1944):
MAP Solomons/load_0144.ini
Solomon islands (january 1944):
MAP NGNB_DT/NGNB_1-44.ini
Please, tell me, if this is too many airfields i want, i can shortened this list, leaving only main airfields of 1944 campaign.

Also, you can copy-paste all villages from this stock maps. As i know, populate villages on large maps is a very hard work. If you use villages from stock maps - you also use stock set of objects for them.

In fact, i use Cyberolas Singapore repainted map, and all textures need for this map. Singapore runs perfectly. Here is my sturmo log:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/52fw7rne0vrbz6m/sturmo.log
Maybe, you can post here screenshot of your map from full mission builder, to show me which exactly area covered in your work?

Motörhead

« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2017, 03:24:56 AM »

I "reattached" M key for map (Full map on screen) but it does not work ... still instead of the map, the mouse appear on the screen .... and on the 4.13.4 before dgenpack it works ... maybe there is something new about the "mouse management" or anything similar ?
Hello! Probably, there's problem with DGENpack, not with campaign. I talk with Asura, maybe he can help with this issue. Later i write here possible solution.

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2017, 06:40:25 AM »

You don't need to use google to find photos) All airfields i need for 1944 campaign is already created in stock maps. So, this is really great, you don't need to waste many, many hours of work to build this airfields. Just copy paste this:Yes copying the airfields and villages should be quite easy. I will get a screenshot for you.
I can't get many clues from your Logfile, but there is a java problem in the bottom lines 
"java. lang.StringIndexOutofBoundsException: String index out of range"
I don't know much about it, but it can have something to do with map loading.
Does game CTD or just "Loading Mission" message in FMB and you can move cursor and mission never loads?

Motörhead

« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2017, 07:47:40 AM »

Game CTD when load just begins, so i never seen starting screen. But this is not a problem, i can wait for map final version.
One question about your work optimisation. My knowledge about map making is really bad, in fact, i don't know nothing about it) So, maybe this is a stupid question)
What you think about creating of light (smaller) version of your map? For example, in this theoretical light version you can cut off Guadalkanal, or even Russel islands with Santa-Isabel. This islands not so needed for Solomon islands campaign latest stages (1944), and i think, lesser map you created, less hours of work you need. But maybe i am wrong :) For example, on screenshot two possible "light" versions:

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 25 queries.