Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release  (Read 139854 times)

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Re: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 02:09:59 AM »

Baffrah, as i presume, you delete ";" symbol before Language=English in DGen_mod.ini, and it never help you?
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

Baffrah

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2014, 03:50:12 AM »

Hi Motorhead,

Indeed.
I never had the ";" in my DgenMod.ini, except one time to test your probable solution.
But as I told, it was another problem. "Language=english" is needed to set the briefing in english for an already generated mission. As I had this line into my DGenMod.ini, my mission's briefings where in English, so no problem.
The one I had was about the choice of the campaign into the selection screen: they were in russian (so, for example, no "* Imperial Japanese Navy Carrier Fighter", but "* Èñòðåáèòåëü ßïîíñêîãî Èìïåðàòîðñêîãî Ôëîòà (àâèàíîñåö)"). I guess it is linked with the fact that I could not generate some campaigns, like the Rabaul one's, when I modified some "xxxcampaign.dat" to "xxxcampaign_ru.dat", so the campaign's choice appear in English into my campaign selection screen. I haven't modified the others "xxxFMsgEN" to "xxxFMsgRu" for the other ones, but that trick worked yesterday for the "late Tokyo campaigns": they now appear in English into my campaign selection screen, and I can load them. So I guess it'll work too with Rabaul, Salomon, Guadalkanal etc... one's, that are actually appearing in english into my campaign selection screen, but don't generate. (actually, when I click on the button to generate them, it made the "click" sound, but nothing more).
Later today, I will change the other problematics "xxxFMsgEn" to "xxxFMsgRu" and see if it works like I guess, and I will repport it here so you know.

Motörhead

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2014, 06:51:09 AM »

Ok, Asura told me solution of language problem. Download archive by this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/ah8uncvpuhhktqn/Motorhead_DGEN_Pearl_Harbor_-_Tokyo_(campaign_english_names).rar
and put files to DGEn folder. It must work))
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

Baffrah

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2014, 08:02:30 AM »

Ok, thank to you both!
I see that this archive are all the "xxxcampain" retitled into "xxxcampaign_ru"; I did this already. I'll try it to see if with that patch, and a brand new install of your campaign, I can load the Guadalkanal, Tokyo1945 and Rabaul campaign that I could not get to work... until now!
It was tricky tricky, I had to copy/paste every "xxxMsgEn" files and rename it to "xxxMsgRu"; then rename the original "xxxMsgEn" into something like "xxxMSGEn2". Sorry for my English, I cannot explain it better, but the fact is now every campaigns seems to work!
I'll try to be more clear. I faced 2 problems:
1)campaigns name in russian into selecting screen: solved by renaming the "campaignsXXX.dat" into "campaignXXX_ru.dat".
2) some campaigns were not loading, like Rabaul, Guadalkanal, and Late Tokyo one's: solved by renaming every "XXXMsgEn" files to "xxxMsgRu". But only this is not enough: I had to be sure that there was no more "XXXMsgEn" files in my DGen folder by renaming it "XXXMsgEn2" - I think there is no importance about how to rename the "XXXMsgEn" files, the main trick beeing that DGen could no more find any "XXXMsgEn" files, but the "XXXMsgRu" ones with english txt inside; but this is only a guess.

Anyway, I'm not sure I've myself unterstood everything I've done here, but the main fact is that I'm happy, because everything is working now! Let's go to Rabaul  ;)
Thank you again for this huge and amazing work!

Motörhead

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 09:07:40 AM »

Ok, if campaign work, I'm happy too) Where are you from? My english is not excellent too) now I waiting for your tales about air battles over Rabaul)

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2014, 10:57:00 PM »

Have been hangin for a very broad and general Pacific Campaign lately.
Looks very very good  ;D :D ;)

Feel free to use Northern Borneo Prewar-42 and 43-45 in any future projects.

Have got a 4 day week end coming up looking forward to flying then.  :D ;)

Cheers

Kirby

Baffrah

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 07:24:22 AM »

Well, Motorhead, I cannot tell you tales from Rabaul, cause I've almost not played yet: still 'computering'.  ;D
Just for you to know: my "tricky" stuff with the XXXMsgEN" files didn't really worked. By renaming those files, campaigns are generated, but I don't see the general briefing at the beginning of the campaign anymore, which make sense. By the way, those briefings are pretty well written, so for now, what I did is just renaming the XXXMsgEn files for the campaigns causing troubles for me, so I can still enjoy the briefings of the campaigns that are basically working, and generate the one that aren't when their corresponding "MsgEn" files are present in my DGen folder. I won't be surprised if those troubles are actually happening because of my install, as it's thrue that I added a lot of other DGen campaigns into my game - something must be conflicting somewhere.
I've also found that I'm unable to generate any IJN or UN CoralSea or Midway campaigns, but it's also the case with the stock campaigns when using Asura's mod (another guy pointed out that problem in Asura's thread). Your USMC Midway campaign is working yet (perhaps something to do with carrier or land based planes?)
Cheers!

Motörhead

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 09:02:20 AM »

Baffrah, do you try my mini patch for english users? It must help you without any files renaming.
At the moment I don't understand why some campaigns not generated in your case.
One idea - probably I forgot to tell, my campaign is not compatible with any other campaigns. Do you put files from other campaigns, to DGEN folder with "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo"?

Baffrah

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 11:34:03 AM »

Thanks for your help again, Motorhead.
About your minipatch, it seems that you provided an "unmodded" version of the campaign: if I apply it, I won't have the Rabaul or Japan1945 parts into the list of the campaigns anymore. But I think it's not the problem here.

I've indeed some more campaigns installed in my DGen folder. I reinstalled your campaigns in a "vanilla" DGen folder, from a clean 4.07m install, but the same problems remain. I did another test, by writing the ";Language=English" in my "DgenMod.ini": in this case, everything is working, every campaigns are loading fine, but of course the briefings are all in russian. If I erase the ";", the briefings are in english, but some campaigns won't work - basically, it seems, all the ones provided by the modded version of the campaign.
I've even tried to install only your DGen folder in my game, so the only dynamic campaigns listed in my game are from Pacific2014, no german or russian ones, nothing but Pacific2014 - still no luck.
So, be it. I'll enjoy Pacific2014 as it is now in my game, missing some of the briefings ingame ( that I could still read directly from those Msg files anyway.)
Cheers!

Motörhead

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 01:04:03 AM »

At last i find time for campaign. I fixed few bugs, and now version 2.1 is released, you can download it by next link (sure, link at first page changed too):
https://www.mediafire.com/download/ef26wewjalpw744/Motorhead_DGEN_Pearl_Harbor_-_Tokyo_2.1_version.rar
List of changes in 2.1 version:
- fixed error in classesUN3 (this error makes USN carrier torpedo plane operation «Guadalkanal October 1942» and «Santa Cruz Battle» generation impossible);
- change Ops.code in Okinawa 1945 operation. Now there’s no ships attack/defend missions, only moving convoy attack/defend missions;
- change names of «Midway», «CoralSea» and «SantaCruz» operations. There will be no conflict with stock campaigns.
- folders "Files for Mod version" and "Files for no Mod version" now have RU and EN versions, so if you use them, there will be no russian names of subcampaigns in starting menu.
After campaign installation, english speaking users must taken files from "Files for Mod version" or "Files for no Mod version" and put them to DGEn folder.

PA_Willy

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 02:09:35 AM »

Thank you for your efforts!

ricnunes

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 06:42:10 AM »

Hello,

I finally installed your campaign with the required mods and I installed the Mod-version files of your campaign. So far I liked the number of available campaigns and how your campaign replaces the stock one.

But I'm having a problem with your campaign, in where some subcampaigns don't generate! When starting a US Navy bomber career the following subcampaigns don't generate (when I press the generate button nothing happens):
- Guadalcanal, August 1942
- Guadalcanal, September 1942
- Santa Cruz, October 1942
- Marcus, September 1943
- Makin, September 1943
- Wake, October 1943 (this one, instead of not generating at all like the others, it gives an error).
- Rabaul, October 1943
- Philippines, September 1944
- Sibuyan Sea Battle, October 1944
- Japan, Kyushu, March 1945

All other subcampaigns seems to generate well.

BTW, I'm playing with ModAct 5.30 with TFM412 (which basically puts the same content of DBW in a ModAct installation).

I need help on this one, please help.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 25 queries.