Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: They are full of Chet.  (Read 13749 times)

LuseKofte

Re: They are full of Chet.
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 04:47:58 AM »

I knew I would be misread when writing it.
Times are changing, deal with the fact that IL to started out as a offline game. It was meant for times when internet was too slow for interact with the rest of the world.
If it was to survive it had to be filled with campaigns and QMB + single missions. Oleg had the foresight to give a easy mission builder and a decent number of objects to play with.
It revolutionized combatsims and the easy access to it all was plane genius. We will never see this again. The budget was also based on a bigger audience and the price to make it lower.
I am a offline player by nature , I enjoy interacting on CLOD once in a while but my amount of flying is mostly offline. ROF got som good campaigns but nothing beat IL2.
BOS is not finished and the fact how the mood is I think it will be abandoned when finished.
I do not see any long term fun in that game, the multiplayer is 25 people playing WT style. But it does not take away the fact that the game physics shown in almost all the Russian planes are as good as never experienced before.
I stand for what I said, I would not invest a dime in the ww2 combat sim. We are too much of a difficult crowd to please. There is absolutely no way to make a honest living by it. We are too few and the expenses are too high. And for what, well read the forums on all flightsim brands.
Take DCS , now Luthier is thrown out, or abandon the project, The y claim to continue the project to honor the kickstarter people, what the hell is that ? Ok we are going to do it so we can give something back. Does that sound as it going to be any good?

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 06:12:19 AM »

I'm sure that its not my fault that the developers are unable to deliver despite having IL-2 1946 as a blueprint :)

Nice!
46 and its mods can, and SHOULD be used as a reference point, as a source for information
what has made Il2 awesome and longlasting?

-online development and dedicated servers run by individuals
-(constant?) upgrades from 2001-2006
-user content as campaigns, skins
-wide net of content (maps, objects planes) whose gaps have been filled over time (and even faster once the modders got their act together)

an indepth study of Il-2, its evolving community, instead of "we are coming from RoF and use the same tools" might maybe be helpfull.

@Dak: sticking to a plan is good. But is the plan good enough, does the result cover our expectations? far as i am concerned i get a bunch of less playtools than i god with IL2 back in the day.
Back in the day i had a (by nowadays standards) basic, but user friendly FMB, and the ability to paint my plane+share it on the net

Those are thins that i expected early on, as an extremely natural element. Il-2 needs a FMB and skins at the very least. Those are subjects that were not even answered when i laid down the cash.
I knew i was spending money blindly, in curiosity and as a form of support, there is no anger here, nobody starting a hate war or so.

Its just that now, 3 months or so later i discover that the answers i expected to be "of course, you fool! why do you even bother to ask!" are answered by: Nope, Nope aaaaand... Nope.

I aint mad. I just wanna avoid others being mad. a hundred bucks is okay for me, but awareness is worth more than that.$
awareness.
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

LuseKofte

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 06:47:18 AM »

I considered this game to be another CLOD at best, as I see it it is a mix of CLOD and WT nothing more. As said before the game physics are excellent an I advise everyone to try it if they can afford it.
But reading what the developers has said and what the customers expect from it is to me , a huge Grand Canyon of a leap.
Clod is not able to cope with my all week interest, it is just too narrow, so I figured CLOD and BOS together would do it. But no, I fly BOS max 10 minutes if I bother to start it up. There isn't anything to do, if I had a good campaign and the ability to make a new one this could be my wet dream.
It isn't a bad simulator, it is just not looking right now to be complete as we know a simulator should be.
But I give it a shot, I let them label it 100 % and then judge.
If in doubt, don't buy it until you hear what people have to say about it when the developers are done, status of online server is set, Mission editor appear in one way or the other.
It is just too soon to jump in any conclution. I believe this is going to be a simulator I find suitable for taking space in my computer. We will see

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 07:15:58 AM »

mods. MODS! MOOOOODSSSS!!!  8)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 08:44:07 AM »

mods. MODS! MOOOOODSSSS!!!  8)

maps.. maaaaps! :D
 :D
JK but among other things like mods. MODS! ;D that is whatn IMO sets IL-2 apart all other sims except maybe DCS in the future.. :P
 :D

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »

actually, what IL-2 delivers more than any other sim could, or maybe even ever would, is the sheer scope of what it offers, in terms of numbers of aircraft, theaters of operation, full mission builder that offers limitless scenario options.... it would be a monumental effort to achieve something like this, but hey, who knows what the future holds?
i remain positive for the future of flight sims, but i'm not that worried.... i still have IL-2, which i am quite prepared to enjoy for years to come, ageing engine or not.. :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

LuseKofte

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 10:46:10 AM »

I agree totally, the less realistic game engine is not a big deal since the maps , objects , effects and campaigns gives so much immersion.
I am working 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off and are in the process of making me a rig and equipment at work place also.
To add to my realistic Throttle and Yoke I have a friend making me this

This is a setup a guy in US is making for me. It is going to bring my pit to a new level.
I have been saving up money for a second flightsim setup at my workplace.

I have also ordered this

And with two TrackIr I pretty much getting a future of availability all month.
I have been a bit discourage of this on and off thing, So in a month I am probably well set with two pits one at work and one home.
With the new rudder pedals and control boxes it become very expensive, so I am looking for a used warthog or maybe a new x 55 Rhino to use at work together wit my Saitek rudders.

All this covers what needed in CLOD but can also be used in IL2. BOS can be what it is for me. I am glad we got a serviceable IL2

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 11:12:02 AM »

Quite impressive Otto. My wife would let her lawyer file me a divorce suit but that looks like it could be worth it.

I have been saving up money for a second flightsim setup at my workplace.
That again would cause my boss to hand over my papers and wish me good luck for the rest of my life :P
No wife, no work, the deal isn't ready for me yet.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

LuseKofte

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 02:51:40 PM »

Well you have to remember I got two sets of Rudderpedals and a early fuckup make me the owner of two TrackIr. I need only a joystick . And the rig will be on my apartment for joy after 7 o clock in the evening at nNarvik.
I got my sons old computer to use there good enough for IL2 and maybe even CLOD So the cost I spent are mostly over many years

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »

a early fuckup make me the owner of two TrackIr
I remember the story lol ;D
The best part of that story was that it served a good purpose in letting me show it to my wife, telling here "see I'm not as crazy and flightsim addicted as you thought I'd be, things can be much worse" :P

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

LuseKofte

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 02:01:53 PM »

Yes I am very grateful to be at your service :)

shoresroad

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 10:50:58 AM »

I am hopeful there will be an IL-2 1946/CloD style FMB coming on the heels of the official launch of BoS.  I think that is the single most important missing piece of the puzzle for the success of BoS.  Unfortunatley in reading many communications from 777/1C it doesn't sound like they are entirely convinced a IL-2 style FMB is important.

One thing I'm curious about, is that I read all the time that no software company can now ever develop an IL-2 1946 style product due to changing market conditions.  Has that been tested.  CloD doesn't count as it was released as an essentially non-working bag of rocks.  So what product similar to IL-2 1946 has failed to create this perception that it can never be done again.  Was the IL-2 series (pre-CloD) an overall failure financially?

Genuinely curious about this...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 29 queries.