Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192   Go Down

Author Topic: TFM-412 The Next Level  (Read 1122889 times)

rkalhorn109

Re: TFM-412 The Next Level
« Reply #2256 on: February 18, 2015, 05:40:29 PM »

Do a search for Fw-190A-4(Beta), its caused by a 3d fix for props and cowlings.
You need to deactivate that folder by renaming it to -Fw-190A-4(Beta).

I am having the same problem with the A-4's, and the Ta 152C's all have detached propellers.  I've looked for the Fw-190A-4(Beta) folder inside the #SAS folder and the jsgmemods folder, but cannot find it.  Nor can I find any folder for the Ta 152C.  Any suggestions on where I can find these?  When I try using the search function on my computer it does not find them either.

Forager

« Reply #2257 on: February 18, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »

Ten days and counting, the natives are quietly restless.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #2258 on: February 18, 2015, 11:36:59 PM »

Ten days and counting, the natives are quietly restless.

Project is proceeding at a great pace, but there is a lot of work still being done, particularly with the last major module that Monty is finishing.  There are even some preliminary/notional add-ons that that are being considered for a later released after the new major pack is released.  If I have time in the next few days I'll release some gameplay screenshots.  The major pack will be released with major modules, and a very easy to follow installation method, much simpler than TFM.... download and install.  I can reveal this... it will have extensive map content and more ground objects than TFM, enough for hobbyists to spend hours populating the world.

UberDemon/danzigzag
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.

Ace

« Reply #2259 on: February 19, 2015, 03:22:40 AM »

Take all the time you guys need on CFM, when you share it with all of us,
I know it will be Awesome.

Regards,
Ace

Forager

« Reply #2260 on: February 19, 2015, 07:02:55 AM »

UberDemon, thank you for the quick reply.

citizen67

« Reply #2261 on: February 19, 2015, 07:23:24 AM »

You can skip jsgme and just extract every part into one temporary folder (clicking "yes to all" for overwrites), once you've finished move the entire stuff into your IL-2 game folder. This is what jsgme does, but it becomes really slow when it runs into duplicate files. Dont forget to backup your 4.12 stock or modact install because if you screw up somehow you can easily revert to it and start over again.

So I have to extract EVERY file from EACH TFM412 Folder (#1, #2, #3, ...) and put them in a temporary folder; and then? Do I move the content in my MAIN IL-2 game folder or in a specific folder (i.e. in the #SAS Folder, or in the jsgmemod Folder)?

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #2262 on: February 19, 2015, 08:47:44 AM »

You can skip jsgme and just extract every part into one temporary folder (clicking "yes to all" for overwrites), once you've finished move the entire stuff into your IL-2 game folder. This is what jsgme does, but it becomes really slow when it runs into duplicate files. Dont forget to backup your 4.12 stock or modact install because if you screw up somehow you can easily revert to it and start over again.

So I have to extract EVERY file from EACH TFM412 Folder (#1, #2, #3, ...) and put them in a temporary folder; and then? Do I move the content in my MAIN IL-2 game folder or in a specific folder (i.e. in the #SAS Folder, or in the jsgmemod Folder)?

Yes, extract all - in order - overwriting when prompted - to a temp folder.  And then move the temp folder contents to the MAIN Il-2 folder.

edc1

« Reply #2263 on: February 19, 2015, 09:01:15 AM »

Thanks Vpmedia for your quick reply
I do not have the beta fock wolf installed or the ta-152 on either one
In fact my second instillation has only the tfm 1 and two installed
just to check the  claymore fock wolf planes and  the problem is still there.
So i do not know what the problem is
But If I rem the #SAS  in my second instillation the original 190 a-4 works just fine?
cheers Stan

creature

« Reply #2264 on: February 19, 2015, 12:29:30 PM »

Thanks Vpmedia for your quick reply
I do not have the beta fock wolf installed or the ta-152 on either one
In fact my second instillation has only the tfm 1 and two installed
just to check the  claymore fock wolf planes and  the problem is still there.
So i do not know what the problem is
But If I rem the #SAS  in my second instillation the original 190 a-4 works just fine?
cheers Stan

Hey guys:

I have TFM installed all the way up to TFM 38.  I just did a test on your FW 190 A-4s and all seems to be ok.  As far as the canopy falling off after take off, I believe the conopy was not designed to be opened in normal flight.  If it was, it has a limitation of 126kts as far as IL2 is concerned ( This would be a question for anyone with specific engineering knowledge of the FW's).  I did multiple tests and they all come off at 126kts.  when I closed the canopy before that, they all stayed on.

good luck

c
"Can you put that in Captain dummy Talk"  Capt Malcom Reynolds // no sim pilots=no one to fly modded planes//no modders =no modded planes to fly

edc1

« Reply #2265 on: February 19, 2015, 12:43:11 PM »

Hi C thanks for the info!
I closed the canopy before take off and everything was OK!!!
My problem has come about because I was testing the missions with the FW190 using AUTO Pilot
just to make sure the missions were working ok.
That's when the cockpit (which was open before take) off came off after take off.
I assume this is the cause of the problem
Cheers C
Thanks very much for sorting that out.
Stan

ol' Navy

« Reply #2266 on: February 19, 2015, 01:41:36 PM »

Yes, extract all - in order - overwriting when prompted - to a temp folder.  And then move the temp folder contents to the MAIN Il-2 folder.

Please pardon my stupidity, just old age I guess.  I have TFM-412 going well, but I did it the hard, long way - each mod enabled, through JSGME, tested and then the next up through 38.  Now, I read here there was an easier way, and now I'm intrigued and in case I had to do this again, ever (perish the thought), would these aforementioned contents of the "temp folder" go into the #SAS folder?  I'm just curious.  In addition to my game running fine, I have a backup on an external drive so I can't imagine I'd ever have to do what is recommended here.  But I do read this forum often, even when I'm not having a problem, and try to learn something from you young smart wipper snappers.  Thanks from the old folks.

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #2267 on: February 19, 2015, 02:10:53 PM »

'Ol Navy:

"If it ain't broke..."

Don't mess around with it now.  Pretty soon we will have the TFM replacement and a promised easier install so this stuff will be moot in any case.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 29 queries.