Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 192   Go Down

Author Topic: TFM-412 The Next Level  (Read 1123101 times)

andqui

• Modder
Re: TFM-412 The Next Level
« Reply #552 on: April 17, 2014, 08:40:08 AM »

I hope I don't accidentally turn this into an annoying requests thread, but are there any plans for packs with ground objects? I'm working on writing a mission validator program, which goes through a .mis files and makes sure the aircraft, weapon loadouts, skins, ground vehicles, ships, etc are all there in the il2 install. This pack is very well flushed out in everything but the tanks/vehicles/infantry/artillery type objects, and those are by far the most errors I get.

thanks

solotk

« Reply #553 on: April 17, 2014, 09:17:15 AM »

Sorry Bergkamp! I'm a born and Bred yid (can I say that here?)

I think you can, but not on the terraces even if you're a die-hard Spurs Fan according to that ridiculous case!

Bergkamp, keep the faith Brother, the mighty Frenchman will see us through. Oh wait, Thierry isn't there anymore and I just looked at where we are in the Premier :(
Fetch Madame La Guillotine!
:)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #554 on: April 17, 2014, 09:47:07 AM »

Simon, just to let you know....the LeO 451 as is in stock TFM now does not work-100% mission loading null error;
replacing the folder with the one Stefan has made available in the LeO-451 thread in the twins section helps and the LeO works then...
I also copied over the arms folders for spanish, french, polish etc. arms from my 4.10 DBW and so far nothing is broken, might be an idea to add those to a future pack as well;
I can also confirm that Hubberanz fix for the Cr-714 skins not showing does work as well...
and concerning cockpits, I am currently trying to get Freddy´s pit for the TBolt to show up in game and have succeeded with the sole exception of the D-27 model;
my fix for DBW 4.10 for this problem with the new Jugs pack does not work for 4.12.2 unfortunately, well it does for all Jugs except the D-27 which crashes at 30% mission loading then;
adding all classfiles from Freddys pit into the 4.12.2 version of the Jugs breaks the loadouts, but I am still trying :)

and maybe could you add some more of the great pits that are available for several planes?
the Ponies could need some and several other planes too :) - just a suggestion :)

other than that, great work with the packs :)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #555 on: April 17, 2014, 10:36:36 AM »

UPDATE: if anyone is interested in Freddy´s pits in newTFM for 4.12.2, they ARE WORKING!!! :)
I also updated the Ponies with Cromhunts pits and will do so for the Corsair...man I am going to like this new 4.12.2 TFM more and more :)

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #556 on: April 17, 2014, 11:04:22 AM »

many thanks Hamm!  :)

Griffon, I fully understand what you are doing.  ;)
I made me a copy (!) of #SAS_tfm folder to make 'my' changes there.
No, it doesn't cost much HD space, most parts I copied with symbolic links.

But the one tfm pack is installed following Monty install guides by the letter.

So, this:
it is very easy to modify the respective ini files (in this case the F-82) and still have a working game
I'll do any edits/patches manually from now on
its true: of course you can do so, yes, when knowing what you are doing.

BUT: tfm installed via jsgme is ideal for all the members who have problems with installing mods, with editing ini files etc. There are lof of such guys here. I moderate and help for 5 years now and this is the main problem people have with IL-2 modded. Believe me: I know them all.  And all the stories. And how hard is it to track what they did and to give proper help.

jsgme here should be a save way and it doesn't matter how long it takes to enable a pack (I did a roll back and it costs me a day, so what).

So to all who are no experts: its better to stick with jsgme. Wait until Monty uploads packs fixes before changing or adding something in/to the packs just to save a little bit of time. It needs much more time when you do something wrong and can't repair it. And its nearly impossible to give help then.  ;)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #557 on: April 17, 2014, 11:07:47 AM »

+1, Direct Install should be for advanced users.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #558 on: April 17, 2014, 11:11:30 AM »

Gerhard I fully second what you have posted!!!
JSGME is the safe way to go but unfortunately also the slowest;
I use it for modding SH4 and it takes ages to activate some of the larger packs, fortunately the mods for SH4 do not come as quickly as the mods here though :)
and I admit I also started adding TFM with JSGME, but got converted pretty soon by Guy´s great Holy Grail thread and converted to the direct install dark side soon thereafter :)

for the time being, i also stick to Simon´s packs and do not add anything that requires editing any ini or properties files, that´s why I will also leave the F-82 in and rem it out once pack #26 is released, but adding some stuff that simply enhances what is already there is also quite easy (3d fixes and pits, if they work) and does not require editing files so my newTFM 4.12 might receive some additional treats that way...

but as said, for beginners or fans of TFM who want to do it the easy and safe way, JSGME is the only way to go :)

ps.: Gerhard, could you maybe post a short how to for using symbolic links? I have not gotten too deep into this new Windows Thingie yet I have to admit...

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #559 on: April 17, 2014, 11:18:46 AM »

i was surprised how long it takes when jsgme starts to enable on of the later packs... 
CPU heat is going up and nothing happens. and the best is: task manager says: jsgme is inactive. but exactly this jgsgme takes CPU 50% and more? ???
much 'thinking' going on in the background it seems...  ;)

But in the end it works. And no CTD what is most important for most people here.   :)

i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

CorsairX

« Reply #560 on: April 17, 2014, 11:48:46 AM »

If anyone is interested I have put a few missions together for use in TFM 412.

Find it here:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1956

This is very much welcome, thank you!

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #561 on: April 17, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »

Guys, I wanna dump all my cold war stuff  - I know I have to delete the aircraft folder, air.ini, stationary and technics entries but is there any other pitfalls to look out for?

Cheers,

Mick
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #562 on: April 17, 2014, 12:07:18 PM »

So, what do you mean with "all" Coldwar stuff?
Does it mean also the Ships, the coldwar objects, the Engine mod?
the complete Il-2 1956 parts?

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #563 on: April 17, 2014, 01:05:20 PM »

OMG, dat pack...   :o Me Gusta  ;D

It's been reeeeeeaaally long since I last visited this place.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 192   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 25 queries.