Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 192   Go Down

Author Topic: TFM-412 The Next Level  (Read 1122879 times)

ol' Navy

Re: TFM-412 The Next Level
« Reply #432 on: April 12, 2014, 08:52:40 PM »

All right il try that so let me get this right il2-patch-modact-up3-dbw-tfm the next level right?
Not really no. Some previous UP3 and DBW *.SFS files are referenced, they need to be in your Il2 root and are listed on page-1

Its more like this:  Il2 Clean Install - Patch to 4:12.2m - Install SAS Modact 5.3 - Apply Vanilla #SAS Folder (page 1) - Download and Activate 'SAS AI Flyables' (a Modact 5.3 Option) - Then select 'SAS MODACT' from the selector and go test it for a bit.

Next; install TFM-412, one set at a time into JSGMEMODS, activate and test fly as you go. 

At this point a lot of people roll their eyes and cry over lost time.  Just remember, this is what I have to do in order to compile each pack.  Its solid, deliberately modular, and won't break your install.  Take it one step at a time and you will get there sooner than you think.

Last of all, there are a few fixes, a number of folders to REM, nothing game breaking and all listed neatly at the base of the post on good ol' Page-1.

This is intended for Simon, Mad Dog, et al.  I have done as you guys have suggested, now for the fourth time.  It still will not work.  I can get the mods enabled up through ten, and then number eleven does me in each time.  I have 4.07m direct from the disk, the 4.12 installed and working, modact 5.3 installed and working, have copied the .sfs files into my main folder, installed the AI aircraft patch, downloaded all the mods and enabled them one at a time and tested the game with each, but then #11 came around.  Can't get past it.  There is not a doubt in my mind that something I have done was done incorrectly.  Too many folks here have gotten it all to work for me to think otherwise.  I will try one day to do this again, but I am pulling out what little hair I have left trying to figure what I have/have not done.  I wanted to thank, sincerely, you guys for the efforts to try to steer me right, and for putting up with me.  I know y'all have other stuff, like families and such, to content with and that your time is better spent doing other than answering my stupid questions.  Thanks again, and as I said, I'll give this a try later on.  In the meantime I will keep watching this thread in hopes that a light will finally come on and I'll see the error of my ways.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #433 on: April 12, 2014, 09:05:47 PM »

One thing about the water, it is animated and very jerky. I looked in the config and water was set at 1 so is there another mod or file included that would over ride the config water setting?
Nope!  Set water to whatever best suits you, most have it at Water 4.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #434 on: April 12, 2014, 09:10:10 PM »

All right il try that so let me get this right il2-patch-modact-up3-dbw-tfm the next level right?
Not really no. Some previous UP3 and DBW *.SFS files are referenced, they need to be in your Il2 root and are listed on page-1

Its more like this:  Il2 Clean Install - Patch to 4:12.2m - Install SAS Modact 5.3 - Apply Vanilla #SAS Folder (page 1) - Download and Activate 'SAS AI Flyables' (a Modact 5.3 Option) - Then select 'SAS MODACT' from the selector and go test it for a bit.

Next; install TFM-412, one set at a time into JSGMEMODS, activate and test fly as you go. 

At this point a lot of people roll their eyes and cry over lost time.  Just remember, this is what I have to do in order to compile each pack.  Its solid, deliberately modular, and won't break your install.  Take it one step at a time and you will get there sooner than you think.

Last of all, there are a few fixes, a number of folders to REM, nothing game breaking and all listed neatly at the base of the post on good ol' Page-1.

This is intended for Simon, Mad Dog, et al.  I have done as you guys have suggested, now for the fourth time.  It still will not work.  I can get the mods enabled up through ten, and then number eleven does me in each time.  I have 4.07m direct from the disk, the 4.12 installed and working, modact 5.3 installed and working, have copied the .sfs files into my main folder, installed the AI aircraft patch, downloaded all the mods and enabled them one at a time and tested the game with each, but then #11 came around.  Can't get past it.  There is not a doubt in my mind that something I have done was done incorrectly.  Too many folks here have gotten it all to work for me to think otherwise.  I will try one day to do this again, but I am pulling out what little hair I have left trying to figure what I have/have not done.  I wanted to thank, sincerely, you guys for the efforts to try to steer me right, and for putting up with me.  I know y'all have other stuff, like families and such, to content with and that your time is better spent doing other than answering my stupid questions.  Thanks again, and as I said, I'll give this a try later on.  In the meantime I will keep watching this thread in hopes that a light will finally come on and I'll see the error of my ways.
OK, getting there - CTD at #11?  Need to see a logfile.txt from that point. 

If not watch the crash happen, look at the text on the launch screen as it loads - at what %?  Straight away, or 60% or 70%.  This is important to know because it tells us where the problem is and if not exactly what is missing, at least in which area to look...

jt189

• Retired Warrior
« Reply #435 on: April 12, 2014, 09:43:46 PM »

Well Crap, I guess I'll finally have to release that 1956 Sinai campaign I have been sitting on for a couple of years now.......Kheil Ha'Avir............  won't go into 6 Day war, no Mirage III............. if the 50's British jet I saw screenies of gets released I can do some Israeli on Jordanian missions in 6 Day war..................

Hoss
It is about time been waiting around for that one since you did mention it a while back if my mushy brain remembers right

teisco

« Reply #436 on: April 12, 2014, 09:56:43 PM »

VisualMod8 works fine in TFM-412. There is a separate thread for it here at SAS and you do need to make sure you have the right version for 4.12.2. There is also a variation which includes Refuel&Rearm which is quite excellent. That one I simply put into the #SAS folder et voila it works.

Thanks, wish it worked for me but in DBW and TFM412.2 it will not let the game load. I have asked and received much advice, read the original thread twice and still no luck. I think it is something other than a game file causing it, maybe a certain Java build or other windows software.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #437 on: April 12, 2014, 10:02:46 PM »

VisualMod8 works fine in TFM-412. There is a separate thread for it here at SAS and you do need to make sure you have the right version for 4.12.2. There is also a variation which includes Refuel&Rearm which is quite excellent. That one I simply put into the #SAS folder et voila it works.

Thanks, wish it worked for me but in DBW and TFM412.2 it will not let the game load. I have asked and received much advice, read the original thread twice and still no luck. I think it is something other than a game file causing it, maybe a certain Java build or other windows software.
...and don't forget; it needs those conf.ini entries to be added manually or it will never load...

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #438 on: April 12, 2014, 10:06:40 PM »

Many thanks Monty !! :) Now this TFM412-24_Coldwar2 works perfectly, a great addition ! :)

Good news mate.  I am sorry we get a funny upload sometimes, or I forget something, or a new thing crops up we didn't know about.  I appreciate all the feedback that helps us.  However, a good positive like this is also great to receive, thanks!  ;D

...Next up - Updated Static Mod for all new aircraft, Phantom IIs etc, and - BIG CARRIERS!

teisco

« Reply #439 on: April 12, 2014, 10:10:02 PM »

...and don't forget; it needs those conf.ini entries to be added manually or it will never load...

Yes I added some from another thread but maybe there is more? I could not find any documentation on what default lines to add. I think my only hope is if it is added to one of these packages because they all have worked great for me so far.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #440 on: April 12, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »

Yes I added some from another thread but maybe there is more? I could not find any documentation on what default lines to add. I think my only hope is if it is added to one of these packages because they all have worked great for me so far.
Check the base of my first post on Page-1 of this thread.  There are quite a lot of lines to add.

snachito

« Reply #441 on: April 12, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »

Code: [Select]
Thank you Simon I absolutely LOVE TFM 4.12!!! I do have a small problem and that is my TFM install was working perfectly when it was up to TFM 17 then I loaded the next batch up to TFM 24 and now I'm getting a 60% CTD on startup here is my log:

[code
0D9early.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:11 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/fw-190d-9_1_7Ata.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:11 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/fw-190d-9_1_8Ata.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190D-9Late.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190D9r5.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190D-11.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190D-13.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190D-15.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190D-15.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190F-1.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190F-2.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190F-3.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190F-8.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190F-8.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190A-8.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190A-8.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190A-9.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190A-9.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190A-4.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190A-5.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190A-5-165.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/fw-190a-8_1_65Ata.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ta-152B.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ta-152C.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ta-152C0.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ta-152C1.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ta-152C3.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ta-152H.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:12 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ta-152H-1.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190A-8.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190A-4N.fmd:NavalFw190A_FM' is being loaded from File: 'navalfw190a_fm'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190A-4N.fmd:NavalFw190A_FM' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'navalfw190a_fm'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190F-9N.fmd:NavalFw190F_FM' is being loaded from File: 'navalfw190f_fm'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190F-9N.fmd:NavalFw190F_FM' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'navalfw190f_fm'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190D-13N.fmd:NavalFw190D_FM' is being loaded from File: 'navalfw190d_fm'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Fw-190D-13N.fmd:NavalFw190D_FM' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'navalfw190d_fm'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/FW-200C-3U4.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ho-229.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-111H-2.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-111H-6.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-111H-12.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-111Z.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-162A-2.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-162B.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-162C.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-162B.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-177A-3.fmd:He177_FM' is being loaded from File: 'he177_fm'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-177A-3.fmd:He177_FM' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'he177_fm'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-280.fmd:HE280_FM' is being loaded from File: 'he280_fm'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-280.fmd:HE280_FM' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'he280_fm'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/He-LercheIIIB2.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Hs-123.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Hs-123.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Hs-129B-2.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Hs-129B-3.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ju-52_3mg4e.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:13 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ju-52_3mg4e.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:14 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ju-87B-2.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:14 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ju-87D-3.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:14 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ju-87D-5.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:14 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ju-87G-1.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:14 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ju-88A-4.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:14 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ju-88A-17.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:14 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/Ju-88A-4torp.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[4:03:14 AM] Main begin: PlMisAir: class 'air.JU_188beta' not found
[4:03:14 AM] java.lang.RuntimeException: PlMisAir: class 'air.JU_188beta' not found
[4:03:14 AM] at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUIQuick.fillArrayPlanes(GUIQuick.java:1064)
[4:03:14 AM] at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUIQuick.<init>(GUIQuick.java:1841)
[4:03:14 AM] at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUI.create(GUI.java:160)
[4:03:14 AM] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1885)
[4:03:14 AM] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1579)
[4:03:14 AM] at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.beginApp(MainWin3D.java:212)
[4:03:14 AM] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:432)
[4:03:14 AM] at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java:235)
[Apr 13, 2014 4:03:14 AM] -------------- END log session -------------

Snachito please use code instead table option!  ;)

snachito

« Reply #442 on: April 12, 2014, 10:13:08 PM »

Sorry ^^^^ I put it in code, but I must have done something wrong!!!

teisco

« Reply #443 on: April 12, 2014, 10:21:45 PM »

Check the base of my first post on Page-1 of this thread.  There are quite a lot of lines to add.

Yes I have and all your packages up to and including #24 and added all the lines from your main post and they all are working correctly, no problems with your mods at all. I meant I did not see or find a default doc about the PAS Visual mod in that thread to see what to add. I did find a post with some config entries for the visual mod and added them but no luck. Thanks for the help
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 192   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 27 queries.