Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 192   Go Down

Author Topic: TFM-412 The Next Level  (Read 1122252 times)

CorsairX

Re: TFM-412 The Next Level
« Reply #276 on: April 07, 2014, 05:17:09 PM »

Hello, thank you for the TFM! All is working good after disabling Tiger's sound. And now eagerly waiting for missions and campaigns.

One noob question: Is it ok to remove the folders inside JSGMEMODS once the packages have been activated by JSGME.EXE?
Just to save some disk space.

nzmigman

« Reply #277 on: April 07, 2014, 05:44:23 PM »

Okay

Disable (-) these classfiles inside IL-2...
      \#SAS\!SAS_Engine_Mod  DA920CD60E028A40   EEBBE344D2C2A05A   106BE08E745DD716
                These have been found responsible for odd AI behaviour, from the DBW2 development team.

In my install disabling these class files caused a program crash when taking off from a carrier in all missions.
Re-enabling them fixed the problem

someone else might like to test this and see if its only my install....

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #278 on: April 07, 2014, 06:30:33 PM »

For JotaC,
Thanks for uploading the HSFX sound sfs files.

I too am not much of a HSFX fan and was hoping I wouldn't have to download the whole kit and cabboodle.

Thanks again  :D

Kirby

flugkapitan

« Reply #279 on: April 07, 2014, 07:52:44 PM »

I have a question regarding PAL's VISUAL MOD 8 V4:12.2m.

I installed it and it works fine, except when I go to external view (F2) and move the mouse, the external cam goes crazy and I'll lose sight of my aircraft in a second or two. Anyone know of any settings to change to make the external view behave like it does without the mod? I've been digging around on Pablo's threads but am not coming up with anything.

Thanks,
Scott

'MadDog'

« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2014, 08:34:24 PM »

The external view works brilliantly with TrackIR and there is a setting to enable this functionality. If you don't use TrackIR then perhaps you need to calibrate the mouse pointer to move less erratically but when you get it right this is truly excellent. You can move the camera all the way around the flying aircraft and get all kinds of angles. The old F2 is replaced by a much more interesting Followcam view. Taking off line abreast you will be able to really direct a nice movie clip!

Monty's up and coming BoB with the Spitfire/Hurricane scramble routine is going to excel with this roving camera function that we now have thanks to PAL.

'MadDog'

« Reply #281 on: April 07, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »

Hello, thank you for the TFM! All is working good after disabling Tiger's sound. And now eagerly waiting for missions and campaigns.

One noob question: Is it ok to remove the folders inside JSGMEMODS once the packages have been activated by JSGME.EXE?
Just to save some disk space.

To be honest I would advise against it. There is still a lot of things to be ironed out and every now and then I find myself needing to deactivate a JSGME pack for some editing reason or whatever. If you delete everything in the JSGMEMODS folder then you won't be able to roll back,do what you need, and then return to normal. This is a work in progress not the finished article.

I know it does take up space but the system is pretty bombproof if you keep it as intended.

CorsairX

« Reply #282 on: April 07, 2014, 09:00:25 PM »

Thank you MadDog, I understand now

teisco

« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2014, 09:59:49 PM »

I really need some help on this problem. I cannot get the Pal visual mod to work and hope that it will be included in an update to TFM 412.

It is strange that there are several post here stating that it is working for them but when I try it in DBW or TFM 412 I get an instant crash before the main menu screen loads.

I have all TFLM 412 sets installed on a clean 412.2 and everything works, now I really want to get this mod to work with it like it does for others.

Thanks,

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #284 on: April 08, 2014, 01:11:38 AM »

I really need some help on this problem. I cannot get the Pal visual mod to work and hope that it will be included in an update to TFM 412.

It is strange that there are several post here stating that it is working for them but when I try it in DBW or TFM 412 I get an instant crash before the main menu screen loads.

I have all TFLM 412 sets installed on a clean 412.2 and everything works, now I really want to get this mod to work with it like it does for others.

Thanks,
@teisco - Have you added the required conf.ini entries?  Even then you need to be able to set, in conf.ini, the required 3D setting for the mod.  There are 4 choices/switches, so a bit of experimenting is needed.  Other than that, go through the Pal visual mod thread again, some odd thing will click into place...

@MadDog - Nice expression Euan and good advice I reckon.  8)

Avid Sim Player

« Reply #285 on: April 08, 2014, 05:16:11 AM »

I don't see the new maps in the quick mission interface after having activated the 412 PAL Mision Combo Pro. Am I missing anything ?

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #286 on: April 08, 2014, 05:28:41 AM »

yes, you are missing QMB mission sets for the maps;
besides this, the MissionPro is not fully compatible with 4.12.2 yet IIRC, so might be a good idea to stay with the default QMB and acquire some basic FMB skills for having fun with flying over the new maps :)

JotaC

« Reply #287 on: April 08, 2014, 05:58:46 AM »

As far as ive tested we can use old QMB missions so we can fly in their maps (if installed in TFM), but not all the sub-missions will work. For example you can play armor attack in Smolensk, but airbase strike will not load, or scramble will not spawn planes etc.

At least im able to play some missions in maps like Reno or Grand Canyon, still not included officialy here, with QMBPro i have to say. But as Monty and others stated, thats still behind the development of TFM/4.12.2
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 192   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 25 queries.