Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 192   Go Down

Author Topic: TFM-412 The Next Level  (Read 1122259 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: TFM-412 The Next Level
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2014, 10:59:59 PM »

UP_3.0-RC.torrent

http://ultrapack.tuttovola.org/index.php?action=downloads;cat=3

Torrent is the best way to get large files.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2014, 11:07:20 PM »

i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2014, 11:26:07 PM »

Good point - Done!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2014, 11:57:55 PM »

These are beautiful Chris!  Emel is one of the greatest template makers in Il2 and your skins are incredible.  Getting us three on the same page was one of the driving forces behind TFM-412.  I look forward to us doing a lot more work together in the near future.  Resistance is futile

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2014, 12:19:21 AM »

Hi Simon,

All go this end  :D and pretty damn painless to boot  :D

Just installing some of the last extra goodies  ;)

Kirby

Ibis

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2014, 12:58:18 AM »

I am not familier with fsf files, I can find the UPsfs needed from my UP3 rc4 install but the UPdbw mapex files I
expect need to come from a DBW download. Can someone confirm that that is correct, I need to download a DBW
version as well?  Or is it for DBW only?
   thanks,
     Ibis.

flugkapitan

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2014, 01:22:56 AM »

Thank you Simon!!!

Can't wait to get all this installed. I've been using 4.12.2M with ModAct 5.30 and like it. Your package will make it awesome!

Cheers,
Scott

RDDR Hangar19

• Modder
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2014, 01:24:18 AM »

These are beautiful Chris!  Emel is one of the greatest template makers in Il2 and your skins are incredible.  Getting us three on the same page was one of the driving forces behind TFM-412.  I look forward to us doing a lot more work together in the near future.  Resistance is futile

Sitting here and taking a bit of a break with Simon and have decided to
 let you all know that we are almost ready to post four,and possibly five
 newly constucted templates of most all of the Mitsubishi Templates that have been corrected
 and improved by Japan Cat. This didn't happen over night
  It has been nearly two years since any working templates have been available.

When JCat had finished his work he sent it back to SAS. I'm sure he was waiting to see that work
  used to rebuild brand new templates would be released to our members but something happened.
  Whether no one picked up on this, or actually built templates is unknown at this time.Perhaps some of these templates
  were started and never finished.Anyway, the end result was time moved on.New upgrades to our Sim and No Zekes.

Several months ago pack of Zero skins appeared for download with no mention of templetes or their availability.
  I tried to track down who had done them. More vague answers.

I talked briefly with VP Media and he suggested that there was a way to use the old ones
  however, I was working very hard with Simon putting together the new TFM.
  I had another connection with Jaeger 1946 who was very supportive of getting this project
  off the ground.
   I then approached Emel,the best Template maker I know and discussed what I wanted to do and he dropped a project
   and the build began after rounding up all JCats work. From the bottom up.
   The results have been quite amazing.
   Our intention is to go public with all five of these varients to all the folks who have
   become frustrated and always confused as to why this did not happen two years ago.

These Templates are quite wonderful,and easy to work with and will be available here at SAS in just a matter of days.
   I want to thank Emel who has done a bang up job,Simon who gave us lots of encouragement,as well as Jaeger 1946 who past on yards of very helpful
   technical info to Emel.
   Lastly, I have been skinning as many of these birds as I can, and will pack them up and release the day the new templates
   are rolled out of the hanger.
    One last thing. There are places in our community where people lock away templates and do
    not make them available to the public.
   They are only available to a select few.This is wrong and in my opinion in very poor taste.
    It has been going on for a long time. All ego driven,We don't need it,
   This is not what Il2, DBW, 412 and other connected groups are about.
    No one is getting paid for the thousands of hours of time freely given to this community.

It should always be a happy friendly environment for those who love and appreciate Aviation History.

RDDR

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2014, 02:08:38 AM »

One last thing. There are places in our community where people lock away templates and do
    not make them available to the public.
   They are only available to a select few.This is wrong and in my opinion in very poor taste.
    It has been going on for a long time. All ego driven,We don't need it,
   This is not what Il2, DBW, 412 and other connected groups are about.
    No one is getting paid for the thousands of hours of time freely given to this community.

It should always be a happy friendly environment for those who love and appreciate Aviation History.

RDDR

... can't agree more with what you wrote Chris ...  ;)

Warm congrats to all the team for this gigantic work ...!  :P

[just found a small typo (I suspect Chris's keyboard ...  :D) in UV3 folder "Smples" instead of "Samples", don't know if this will affect the diving sound though ...]

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2014, 02:17:54 AM »

I am not familier with fsf files, I can find the UPsfs needed from my UP3 rc4 install but the UPdbw mapex files I
expect need to come from a DBW download. Can someone confirm that that is correct, I need to download a DBW
version as well?  Or is it for DBW only?
   thanks,
     Ibis.
I can't put it any plainer really.  The maps are no longer available as separate downloads, they are part of the SFS files mentioned, which actually helps everyone in terms of disc space and performance.  My little freelance effort, TFM-412, simply makes use of the map compressions that were done for our benefit in UP.3.0RC and DBW.

So, if you never had DBW, which is itself based on UP.3.0RC, which is also why TFM-412 is posted in this section in the first place: Then yes - you may have a little catching up to do. 

There are no shortcuts at present so get yourself those files and remember:

This is a freelance effort, a kind of preview of possibilities to come.  The entire compilation is essentially the responsibility of a single madmen with some crazy ideas to share.  I reckon it will get a lot more people flying 412 and when the big boys make the proper official release we can just throw this away and get on with the real thing.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2014, 02:25:56 AM »

Nice to see you Mick!  Are you a 412'ver now?  Join ussssssssss...  :o

Good piece from RDDR - Thanks Chris, you are a great artist and aviation historian too.  This is the kind of contribution that is the lifeblood of our beautiful sim.  Its a real privilege to benefit from working with you and be able to call you a good friend.  8)

ls

• The last one - P.11c
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 02:30:14 AM »

Everything installed as described, then all TFM Packs activated via JSGME, and after clicking "Start IL-2 now" there is only Modact 5.3 splash screen and then return to il-2 selector....
Help, please....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 192   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 25 queries.