Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Drewm3i's New User Interface Mod for any game version  (Read 13516 times)

Drewm3i

Drewm3i's New User Interface Mod for any game version
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »

Note: Administrators and Moderators feel free to move this wherever you please!

SAS presents: Drewm3i's New User Interface Mod for any game version.
This pack is a collection of menu music, flight music, splash screens, and backgrounds for DBW, and HSFX 7. It should work with Modact 5.3 too. Note:only for HSFX because SAS~Monty 27 has plenty of splash screens for DBW, as does SAS~Strorebror for Modact.
It will completely change the IL-2 1946 interface backgrounds and give it a sexy, more modern feel. The music pack is a collection of tracks from the Wings of Prey, WarThunder, the Battle of Britain movie, and "epic" style tracks. Some of the samples are even based off of Monty 27's music pack so credits to him! Also, the French background comes from one of Poltava's great campaigns so credits to him as well!
I do not own any of the tracks or paintings. Some of them I downloaded and edited, but others were already perfect. The new background collage is my work, but the images aren't originally mine; I got them from using Google image search.

To install: 1) place the contents Into your main game folder and allow the files to overwrite yours. 2) Be sure you are using a widescreen resolution because these are designed for widescreen. 3)#DBW is obviously for those using DBW and "Files" is for those using HSFX. Again just make sure the contents of these files go into the location they need to be. Just delete either #DBW or "Files" depending on which you don't need and place all folders in your main game folder.

Edit 3/15/14: I realized today that in DBW the single mission background screens were stock, so I fixed it here: https://www.mediafire.com/download/f1m9c6j8jslok49/Missions.zip

Edit 3/27/14: I repackaged this mod in jsgme format so just place it in your jsgmemods folder and activate it via jsgme. Link: https://www.mediafire.com/download/r26bd2b5ijs06fj/DrewM3i%27s+GUI+mod.zip#39;s_GUI_mod.zip

Just extract that folder and drop the contents into your main game folder and allow the contents to overwrite yours and you should be go to go!

Sample video:

Here is the new DBW background:

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/download/xm8msubcsbxlh8b/Main+game+folder.zip

Comments, critiques, suggestions, etc. are welcome, but this took a while (especially the collage) so be courteous. I hope you all enjoy this mod and feel free to promote it on other sites if you wish!

Enjoy!

HotelAlpha

• F.A.C #7
  • Modder
  • Tactical dominance is key
Re: Drewm3i's New User Interface Mod for any game version
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 07:40:57 PM »

Wow, great mod! I really like your work!  8)
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics" -Sydney Camm

Drewm3i

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:05:04 AM »

Wow, great mod! I really like your work!  8)
Thank you! IL-2 really needed a makeover! Enjoy.

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 04:03:53 AM »

I saw you used Il-2 screenshot for Hungary.

Take a look at my page you will find plenty of big artwork for every nation :)

http://www.facebook.com/AviationCollection
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 04:22:25 AM »

Hey, Bogdan... I really like your collection ! I just did not find any Swiss AF aircraft... LOL

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 04:37:44 AM »

There are at least 3 AFAIK, let me search.

Well it seems that I didn't post anything swiss, I will make up for that and post one now.
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 05:43:45 AM »

Don't take it bad... I was just joking ! LOL

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 06:35:36 AM »

Hello Bogi,

great shots!

Thank you,

Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 09:51:52 AM »

The thing is that I thought I posted some :))
I know for sure that I have swiss AF pics in my collection but it seems I forgot about them.
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »

Well... this one is really nice :

but maybe too modern...

Oh... the painter's gallery : http://petervanstigt.deviantart.com/gallery/

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 12:57:54 PM »

It's no artist, just a fag who crops aircraft from aircraft photos and puts them into some background and applies blur and a photo filter. It's not art

I don't have anything with this kind of thing but he sells his "work" as prints and as that he profits from other people's photos, all of this without credit or anything.

His name is Peter Van Stigt and he is a bad figure in all aviation artists comunnities..

Some people discovered that their photos have been altered and sold without their notice and some even went to court for that, that's why he had to remove many of those things..

Ask Ronnie Oltshorn, the one which agreed to send some of his work as splashscreens for modact 5.3, in our talks he explained me about Peter Van Stigt and Ron Cole.

These kind of people if they go even more viral, because those 2 are pretty viral, can make many TRUE aviation artists to quit what they do.. Because they work cantity is huge because anyone can crop and apply a blur and a filter just by wathcing a 3 minute tutorial and they make money that way, money that could have come for a real aviation art picture. Just imagine if you made a great aviation photo and then you see it sold without your notice with someone's signature on it and mabye you get even sued because you say it's yours..

See here how he was exposed again.. http://www.facebook.com/groups/34366349783/permalink/10152265019074784/?stream_ref=2
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »

Oh, I did not hear about that... interesting !
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 26 queries.