Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grumman Martlet Mk.I/Mk.II: Revised version  (Read 20156 times)

WxTech

• Modder
Re: Grumman Martlet Mk.I/Mk.II: Revised version
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2019, 09:57:30 PM »

I just installed this to my 4.12.2 Modact 5.3 game. (A few years ago I did put CirX's Martlet I/II mod in my 4.08 game.)

Within an hour or so I:
- Updated to my Wildcat standard.
- Installed my GM-1 gunsight.
- Copied over from the F4F-3 the improved spinning prop mod (which presents as having thickness when seen from the side), but retaining this plane's higher poly count prop hub.
-  Added a line to the cockpit class setting my expanded 6DoF parameters.

Because I use the F4F and I-16 auto gear mod (gear operated with a single key press, instead of a zillion presses ;) ), I attempted to reduce the number of gear crank handle turns, because it's awful to have this going on *LOOOONG* after the gear has settled into place. I did this successfully for the Wildcat, wherein I set 7 turns to replace the 44 turns previously. But with the Martlet, the handle turn rate is glacially slow. I might have to bring this turn count down to just 2.

Once I'm satisfied, I'll release this update of mine. It will be a full mod, replacing the original.

And I did the same for one a Martlet IV mod as well, which will be released.

I don't know if my addition of the new 6DoF limits will have any impact on the compatibility with earlier game versions, like 4.09. To guard against this, I could include classfiles not having this (as well as restoring the stock 44 gear crank turn count, for those retaining the stock manual gear operation.)
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 24 queries.