Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D German 20mm Cannon Spiralsmoke  (Read 39943 times)

KG3_V

• The Man who cannot land
Re: 3D German 20mm Cannon Spiralsmoke
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 01:26:56 PM »

Yes, I also like your 20mm sound

Personaly i prefer my Mg 151 sound, but I would like to use your sound for the MG FF

michel_boonstra1974

• Modder
    • Michel's video corner
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 03:03:56 PM »

Thanks a lot for this great mod, I love these effects. Well done!

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 02:33:19 AM »

@DB605 & KG3_V:
I honestly would'nt know :P I'm running several soundmods at once - testing them out etc. - doing some soundwork behind the scenes - so I lost track of what I have actually as active soundmod at that particular time of making.

Perhaps there is anyone around that recognises the sound and knows what mod it is?
The same goes for Avala's great Gamma Panel & Landlight mod he released in 1 pack, I lost the link, anyone got it around somewhere? :)

@Michel_boonstra1974: Enjoy! :D Glad you like it.

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »

Hi!
Which value should be edited to shorten the "life" of gun's smoketrails? At long distance you can see yet tracers with
a smoke plume behind...is it possible to avoid this?
Thanks

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 03:53:46 AM »

S! Hguderian,

what was the exact effect you tried to acchieve?

I'm gonna try your settings myself to see what it does :)

Glad you got it solved!

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 06:03:39 AM »

Hi Eexhaton, when you look at fired tracers from the cockpit you can see they're smokin' yet when they're "kilometers" away.
I think that it's rather unreal  (apart IL2 engine limitations).

Thanks for your mod!!

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 07:56:31 AM »

Hi Eexhaton, when you look at fired tracers from the cockpit you can see they're smokin' yet when they're "kilometers" away.
I think that it's rather unreal  (apart IL2 engine limitations).
With this value tracers seems to stop their smoke nearest than before. Tell me your result.

Thanks for your mod!!
S! Hguderian, I'm experimenting with your settings while typing this (hell - I feel like an octopus ;D ) and the results look promising!
To be honest - I have experimented with virtually all entries in the .eff file but not that one. >.<'

I'll report back soon :)

panzer1b

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 08:52:15 AM »

great, but i'd be so much more happy if it was for every heavy cannon, like teh brit 20mm, russian shvak, mk108/103, ns37/45, and anything thet has decent size

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »

great, but i'd be so much more happy if it was for every heavy cannon, like teh brit 20mm, russian shvak, mk108/103, ns37/45, and anything thet has decent size
That would be nice, but..

1 - the Il2 game engine cannot handle all those 3D trails (sadly!)
2 - it would'nt be all too historical, since not all guns displayed such spiral trails. :)

@Hguderian: check your PM's ;)

panzer1b

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »

That would be nice, but..

1 - the Il2 game engine cannot handle all those 3D trails (sadly!)
2 - it would'nt be all too historical, since not all guns displayed such spiral trails. :)

@Hguderian: check your PM's ;)

acytually i disagree wth both points:

1 - i have made it wrk for every smoking gun, wth some issues but it does wrk, except the sprite that it spawns is wrong, so it looks weird (spawns different smoke sprite instead of teh new one included in mod), and i have no lag as i shortened the trail duration as well as lowered some other effects to not loose any fps when i have like 20 flak gunners from teh ground
2 - i have seen guncams and i will have to say that almost any large caliber weapon has such trails  (not counting anything like mgs, but i disabled smoke trails on every weapon that is smaller then 20mm) as a .50cal may have trails but it makes it hard to tell if i gettin shot by mgs or cannons.  anyway a mk108 may not have exact same effect but it just looks ugly with old effects, especially since mk108 = freaking massive

so i'd love if someone had suggestions on fixing it spawning incorrect sprite,

and also if anyone wants this for any weapon an if i get permission from author i can release the mod

philip.ed

• The Real Dim Shady
  • Guess who's back?
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 01:31:48 PM »

Hmm, I might be interested to try that panzer ;)

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
  • A little mod in the making !
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 02:17:37 PM »

Panzer1b ,
the main point was not to make it in 3D for every gun as it is the easiest thing to do but some guys recently don't know where to stop and trying to push the game engine limits farther and farther with also other smokes effects .
Fact of the matter is that you think that you might be suffering only from minor bugs because engine gets overwhelmed by emiting particles requirement but the impact is much bigger unless you play mission with one on one aircraft and nothing else .
This 3D spiral mod is configured by Eexhaton pretty much exactly at the edge before beginning to create some visual bugs , it was thoroughly tested not to create those bugs under even bigger complex missions load and if some happen here and there , it's only minimum visible distortion.
There is no way on this planet Earth to tell each and every guy what's and where are the game engine limits and consequences for doing such bigger and bigger smokes and Eexhaton did his job very well not to pushing it beyond .
Effects files entries are not anything goes , there is also entry which incorrect setting value will produce another pile up of other visual nasty errors ( com.maddox.il2.engine  , com.maddox.il2.object etc....... ) which we're all trying to avoid .

S! HG

Dignified silence is worth more than a thousand insults...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.