Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: " French Wings 1940 - 1945" - Modded Campaign  (Read 35057 times)

Flanker1985

Re: " French Wings 1940 - 1945" - Modded Campaign
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2011, 12:49:38 AM »

Thanks sir. But I did put it in the "#SAS" file. Also, it appears that it has a some conflict with the "Disastor on the frontier" mod too. Every since I install the "Franch mod", there will be no briefing nor debriefings in my "Disastor on the frontier" campaign. So I uninstalled it.

I'll give it other try, by the way sir, do you knew where I can get Hawk-75 for it?

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2011, 02:34:30 AM »

The Curtiss H-75A-3 and A-4 are included in the stock game (not flyable). Flyable versions are available at least in mods packs.

And here specifically:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1446.0.html

Please check this site for more details: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,60.0.html

Regarding Josse's mods for Curtiss H-75A-2 and Mohawk IV, they are available here:

ftp://checksix-fr.com/FB/Mods/Josse/

I just tested the ftp and the link works.

There is no conflict between my campaigns and "Disaster on the frontier" by Amagi. Briefings and debriefings should appear normally. If they don't, it means you did not install something properly; did you really merge the DGen and PaintSchemes directories with existing ones? Please double check the read-me, it is detailed.

I really recommend you to play the unmodded version of my campaigns first, at least to make sure you installed the campaigns properly: see JSGME option to activate as described above.

Flanker1985

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 06:47:04 AM »

Sorry, sir, I think I still missing the map. Because the only sub-campaign it wouldn't generate are the first 3, which are "the Phony War", "the Battle for Franch" and "Libya".

Could you tell me which file in the campaign pack is the map, please? Thanks a lot.
All I have are these:

--555_FrenchWingsv10.zip
    ----DGen
    ----JSGMEMODS
           ----Bataile de France & Vichy briefings en francais
           ----Battle of France & Vichy briefings in English
           ----french AI voices
           ----Normandie Niemen briefings en francais
           ----Normandie Niemen briefings in English
    ----PainSchemes
    ----DGen briefings en Francais.zip
    ----DGen.exe
    ----For add-on Ostfront in English.zip
    ----French Roundels.zip
    ----jsgme_setup.exe
    ----Lisez-Moi d'dbord French Wings 1940-1945.pdf
    ----Pour add-on Ostfront en frencais.zip
    ----Read me first - French Wings 1940-1945.pdf

So far what I did is copy the entire DGen folder into my DGen folder.

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »

OK I see that you did not download the ultimate edition, but just the standard version ;), without mods, available here:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3424

This is fine, and it should work flawlessly with your install 8). So there are no mods in the archive, and you are not missing any maps at all. For installation, you should just drop the DGen.exe and the 3 folders DGen, PaintSchemes and JSGMEMODS in your game ROOT folder, nothing in your DGen folder (check read-me again). Then the DGen folder of my campaigns should merge with the existing one (allow overwite when prompted), and not go inside the existing DGen folder.

Also when you are done with this and you confirm it works, you may try the modded version here:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=18

Flanker1985

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »

Thanks for the help sir, I did what you told me. But it appears that the first link you gave me is the one I downloaded earlier which only have about 75MB. So I tried the second link. It has over 200MB.

And this time it has:

FrenchWingsv10Mod.zip
----DGen
----JSGMEMODS
----MODS
    ----MAPMODS
        ----maps
----PaintSchemes

I have droped DGen, JSGMEMODS and PaintSchemes into my root folder. But it appears that the map is inside the "MODS" folder, what should I do with it? I don't know where should I put it. And right now, my problem remains.

Also you mentioned to drop the "DGen.exe" into my root folder. Since it is an exe file, should I double press it to install something? So far I don't want to touch that file untill I confirm it with you.

And there are some zip.file in this as well:
For add-on Ostfront in English.zip
French Roundels.zip
Pour add-on Ostfront en francais.zip

Should I do something about them?

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 02:53:01 AM »

Well, again, read and apply the instructions contained in the read-me. And please focus on the initial archive file you downloaded, with a size of 77.95MB, that is simple and fine at this stage, as I mentioned above. 8) ALL INSTRUCTIONS ARE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE READ-ME. Please read and apply carefully. ;)

Don't worry about the DGen.exe, just drop it in your game main folder, again as explained in the read-me and indicated above. :)

Please at this stage don't bother about the modded version and other optional sub-archives, you should first make sure that the standard campaigns' files are installed properly, exactly as per instructions in the read-me (first pages). It will work!

Since your game is modded already, after that I just recommend you install the flyable Curtiss H-75A-3 and A-4 from SAS from the link I also gave you (cockpit for Curtiss H-75). That will allow you to fly the Hawk 75, you should first test it in the QMB to confim.

Actually when you have a modded game, the option to use the P-36A-3 appears even in the standard version of my campaigns, and therefore it is better to have it made flyable in your game before. This is not a map issue.

Flanker1985

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2011, 10:57:35 PM »

Thanks for your patient help sir. I'll try it again.
Also, by the way, I just find out that there is Tu-2 flyable. But it's files are different from all other add-on flyable aircraft I have downloaded. Can you teach how to install it as well? Thank a lot.
It's here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1508.0.html

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2011, 06:47:23 AM »

The structure of this mod is quite conventional, although dating back to earlier mods packs and mod activators: it uses the folder MODS.

Since that folder is no longer in use with SAS Mod activator, you should just open the MODS folder from the download and drop its content (one folder) to the #SAS folder.

Flanker1985

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2011, 04:36:22 PM »

That's what I did. But when I choose Tu-2 in the quick mission, after loading, there's nothing. No plane, no cockpit no nothing. I only get a view in the middle of the air. This is the same with Pe-8.

Do you think it might have something to do with my game. Because it is a IL-2:1946, and I upgraded into the 4.101.

Flanker1985

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2011, 05:38:17 PM »

It's still the same, when I try to generate the sub-campaign, the computer only give me a "B" sound. And nothing happen. And this happens to half of the sub-campaign. I even reinstalled the whole game. I think maybe I really missing maps. I have found a map folder here:
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\#SAS\MAPMODS\Maps
But its empty.

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2011, 02:30:28 AM »

Sorry, but if you cannot fly the Curtiss H-75A-3 (P-36) in your modded game when you test it in QMB, it is normal that a sub-campaign in which you want to fly it does not work. It means something is wrong in your install. BTW, you must have a file named DGenERROR.log in your game, you may send it to me by PM.

I suggest you first make sure that in your modded 4.101m install, when you install a cockpit mod to make a certain plane flyable, then you can fly it.

More basically, you should make sure that the standard version of my campaigns work with flyable stock planes.

This does not have anything to do with maps; it is related to your installation, which can be corrected thanks to applying instructions in the read-me.

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2011, 02:32:01 AM »

That's what I did. But when I choose Tu-2 in the quick mission, after loading, there's nothing. No plane, no cockpit no nothing. I only get a view in the middle of the air. This is the same with Pe-8.

Do you think it might have something to do with my game. Because it is a IL-2:1946, and I upgraded into the 4.101.

Please check carefully the instructions in the read-me of the mod activator.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 27 queries.