Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pilot Flare Gun Comments (& Pics) / Pilot Personal Gun Comments  (Read 4868 times)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Pilot Flare Gun Comments (& Pics) / Pilot Personal Gun Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:54:14 PM »

nice post - must admit, i was most disappointed to see they don't intend to model infantry.
damn - those are the kind of 'steps forward' i would most appreciate. if you're going to the trouble of epic-looking scenery, one would think it would be logical to fill said scenery with epic-looking objects, vehicles, and yes, even people.
oh well, maybe i am expecting too much, lol...
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 01:08:51 AM »

Thay cant model infantry...
either because it would not be possible to do properly... (AI, resources) or because they want to keep their rating. i guess throwing frag Bombs on german Soldiers isstill a nogo for game makers
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 02:43:35 AM »

but what if i want to frag bomb allied soldiers, then...? :D

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 02:46:49 AM »

That's like saying:

"Lets put in a FPS mode into the Combat Flight Sim!"

Ok, that'd be pretty cool in a way, but so much re programming, this thing, that thing, modelling, sounds, etc... No one would actually want to do it, but if two people bail out, there's a way to end the match once and for all... Hehehe.
*Pulls back hammer on his Colt Python and takes the bugger out.*
I WIN!
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 03:05:13 AM »

sure, i think an FPS element would be cool, but that is far from what i'm asking. really, we need some infantry dudes running about to bring life to the battlefields. there's no need to be super-detailed, or have them affecting gameplay - just some eye-candy, is what i'm after.
i know it's a flight sim, but it's time to kick it up a gear - one flaw of most modern flight sims is the clinical battlegrounds, with hardly any sign of life other than your designated targets.
pc gaming power has come a helluva long way since the first sims, and i really don't see why having some infantry running about should be a game-breaker...

LuseKofte

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 03:59:01 AM »

I think mainly it got to do with the publics equipment, sure it is possible to make a FPS in Arma 3 quality and a Sim connected to it. And maybe 5 % of the community have the pc to run it. I think it is a choise you got to make . If you do want as many buyers you can, you keep the game as light as you can but try to make it as goos as it get within those borders

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 04:02:19 AM »

...but that is far from what i'm asking.

I meant it generally, not just you Malone, apologies.  :-[

And yeah, Jane's WWII fighters had crew running frm vehicles after you blew them up, you could even strafe troops and single troops.. You even had deers you could shoot!!! I remember editing the config and adding Deer density to like, 100, and there were a bunch of deers all over the place, and you could shoot them, blow them up and all.. MAHAHAHAHA! And on one of my videos, there's a near miss with a deer! You gotta see that!

(edit: Placed a pic so i wouldn't be though of a spammer/bragger/noob/a.w.)
a.w. = asswipe
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 04:07:47 PM »

Hello UberDemon, the flare gun in the 109 is actually supposed to be fired through a tube, see image:

As you can see here it sort of does the job, you can see the flare to your right bouncing around:

Unfortunately you cannot seem to actually put the barrel of the pistol in the tube and so as you point out the
cockpit gets a little re-adjustment. :D

WIP. :o  I guess they will tune it in time. :P

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 08:52:38 PM »

Pete,

Thanks!  I saw that discussion at the new IL-2 website as well... some people want that to be fixed as well.

I still would like to see infantry support... it would make things more historically authentic.  If the concern is that there will be a graphical representation of people being killed... c'mon, this is a "combat" flight simulator... how can it be OK to shoot a more lifelike human being in medal of honor, red opera, and a multitude of other ground 1st person sims, but it is not ok to do it from the air?  the idea of infantry is for the immersion factor especially in the eastern front... it was fought close to the ground.  But alas, it is up to the developers.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

VF111Sundowner

• Virtual Ninja!
  • Why can't everything be Rocket Propelled!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 05:48:58 AM »

IL-2 1946 has little peoples that run from the trucks when you strafe them.

Why can they make the "Troops" an small squad of of like 5 to 10 of these peoples that are treated as (to the game engine) as one truck or some thing. when you strafe the "squad" and destroy it it changes to a bunch of guys lying about the battlefield.

I'm sure the game engine could handle a bunch of "trucks" in a large group. we have seen it already.

This might even work in IL-2 1946.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 29 queries.