Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: "Years of Triumph" - 103 mission Luftwaffe campaign finally OUT!  (Read 41572 times)

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
Re: "Years of Triumph" - 80 mission Luftwaffe campaign finally OUT!
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2014, 04:32:18 AM »

The strange (phsycadillic) anomaliesin the first pic can be due to overheated GPU! Try to clean some dust off.

It happens only immediately at mission start, and it goes away after a short time, so it doesn't seem like a heat problem IMHO.
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

solotk

« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2014, 07:39:14 AM »

VonOben, I used to see exactly this problem on EAW when using Intel processors. Is this a Graphics call problem?

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2014, 01:25:46 PM »

VonOben, I used to see exactly this problem on EAW when using Intel processors. Is this a Graphics call problem?

I only get the psychedelic sky after applying the FMB "trick" on missions where my plane explodes on the runway at mission start.
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2014, 01:32:04 PM »

Now I have a provblem with the BoB1940-20 mission (the last of the BoB missions):

My plane explodes on the runway at mission start, but when I try to open the mission in FMB I get the "Stand by Loading mission" message and the mission is never loaded. How can I fix it then?

Please help so I can continue this great campaign!

javerpa

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »

I have the same problem that Von oben any solution ?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2014, 03:11:17 PM »

I have the same problem that Von oben any solution ?

Strange  :-\ But try this version of the mission:

http://speedy.sh/krEu3/bob-mission-20.zip
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2014, 11:56:22 PM »

if you got troubles with mods/missions then post your logfile

planes exploding on mission start is usually a wrong loadout option in the mission but if you press shift+tab then you can read which plane/loadout is doing this

its also a good idea to have the instant logfile output mod installed especially when you experience ctd's because in that case the last log message is often lost

the colorful sky is a directx issue imho, try opengl
if youre in opengl dont turn off the hardware shaders

the disappearing 109 cockpit is a DBW bug, its pretty random and I cant remember a fix

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2014, 04:04:38 PM »

I'm sorry I can't spend as much time as I wish I could on IL-2 right now, but I am working on a complete overhaul of the Battle of Britain segment, that will hopefully take care of this VERY annoying bug, that some people has fallen victim to, with their aircraft exploding on start on the runway...  :'(

Mind you, the campaign seems to work without snags for most people. The reason why some encounter this can be one of the following three (or a combination): Firstly a clash of installed mods, secondly a load-out problem, and thirdly a map bug. Cannons Beta Channel is pretty old, has its share of bugs and can be tricky to use. For instance: if you use the damage paint brush on the map, the front line markers will disappear. And if they are gone you will have the phenomenon of the mission saving forever in FMB. If you want to use the front line markers and avoid the saving for ever, you must lose all destruction on the map.

Anyway: as mentioned above a way to fix this is to load the mission in question in FMB, save it, just save it, no changes needed, then have a go. But this will hopefully not be needed with the forthcoming version 1.2, where the entire BoB-segment has been overhauled.

Sorry about this  :-\

EDIT: Version 1.2 now up. See post 1.

You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2014, 05:12:58 AM »

Thanks for the update Poltava!

I've finished the campaign now and I enjoyed it very much!
Plausible storyline, nice variety in aircraft and maps and mission types.
I wouldn't mind some more missions in every segment though!

Thanks for making it and improving it!

I couldn't run two BoB missions, as reported previously (v1.1). One because of low frame rate and one because I couldn't re-save it in FMB.

Have you made any campaign that would be a logical continuation from this one, preferebly on the eastern front?

Cheers

vonOben

71st_AH_Lucky

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »

For some reason I don't have Awards are invisible and no mission has a briefing! Is this normal?

Running The Full Monty.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2014, 12:22:08 AM »

The missing briefings is puzzling, but could you please check if you have briefings in other modded campaigns? Regarding the awards: nothing in a mission can make you lose them AFAIK.

Bobbo

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2014, 09:34:13 PM »

I am playing this again, keep on getting a crash to disk during the Spanish Civil War missions. I recall vaguly last time it was because some of the *ini needed to be updated for the bombs on the He-51, but that was on another computer. don't suppose anyone know were to get that?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 27 queries.