Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DCG in DBW troubles- Planes blow up on start up...  (Read 3546 times)

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
Re: DCG in DBW troubles- Planes blow up on start up...
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »

Dietz,

This looks like an incompatible loadout issue. Did you install the DCG files from Slink (see the first posting of the thread Lonestar listed above)?

Slink's files provide correct loadouts for all aircraft. Without it, just about any plane can explode at startup.
Yes ...at least I think so- you mean the ones initially installed through JSGME:DCG-4- Standard & DCG Mod Pack 2?

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 01:08:48 PM »

Do you have UV3 "Tigers Sound Mod"? And do you have Engine Mod?

Something else is causing those explosions, you need to do a search for them or that!
I certainly have the Tigers Sound Mod..I had to install that with the Full Monty mods.

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 10:15:37 PM »

I've teased out the fact that the exploding F-4-F's are caused by the Cowling fix mod ...will try Bravo's suggestion again & see if I missed something...

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 09:00:14 AM »

Well here is the solution,at least to the exploding F-4-Fs:I had initially tried Bravo's solution sometime ago but it didn't seem to work so i abandoned it,but as mentioned in the previous post I found it was indeed a flaw ( for me at least) in the Cowling improvement mod,so back I went to his suggestion:

I tried it again:

James, there is a fix for the exploding F4F-4 look here:

#DBW/_Fix Cowling Engines & Prop/3DO/Plane/F4F-4  Delete these Files,  WingLIn_D1.msh,  WingLIn_D2.msh,   WingLIn_D3.msh   WingRIn_D0.msh.  WingRIn_D1.msh,  WingRIn_D2.msh,   WingRIn_D3.msh

After a brief test & yet another explosion,I decided to add one more thing to the delete list,the first one not listed above: WingLIn_DO.msh. Another test & this time no explosion and I still had the much improved new cowling!
  This is great- i really like the Wildcat for some reason & early war campaigns as well! It doesn't solve all my small problems ( why can't the Guadalcanal period load,and in some of the other German campaigns those planes explode too..etc.) but I am happy to be able to get this one going with no problems...now.
Thanks guys for your patience & help! ;D

mark_009_vn

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 10:43:17 PM »

I also have some strange problems with DCG on stock 4.12. For some reasons, planes tends to "bounce" all over the place. DCG does also seems to like having planes crashing to each other every now and then... unlike Dgen.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 26 queries.