Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: USS Oriskany CVA-34  (Read 12209 times)

deSAD

• aviaskins.com
Re: USS Oriskany CVA-34
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »

Hi, karla :)
A better carrier can be found here - http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=37026.0 It's USS Hancock CVA 19 with much more detail.
Please tell me whether it is possible to use 3D model CVA-19 to replace its model of CVA-34? Thx.

DwarfyHamster

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 02:44:23 PM »

Hey I got a really stupid question but... Does this need the angled deck pack or is it stand alone. If it needs the mod can you please make a standalone. My Dads Dad served on this ship and I and him would really appreciate it if there was a stand alone that I could easily install so my dad could play. Thanks
P.S  Also could you kinda make it not need ship extensions (Or at least make me a version without the torpedo stuff.) cause that the thing that makes me not want to go through all that searching in files.
Thanks, Again from Hayden Creede Oberrick Stalnaker.

karla

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 05:20:46 AM »

Hey Hayden, I think you can make a stand-alone for your Dad. A method that should work is to download CVA-31 Bon Homme Richard and use a couple of CVA-34 Oriskany textures to make a really good looking Mighty O. CVA-31 is stand-alone - and much better quality - and should be quite easy to install on your Dad's PC with a modded IL-2 installation. You replace the '31' markings on Bon Homme Richard with '34' from Oriskany.

Go here http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,46424.0.html and follow downloads and installation instructions. Test that BHR actually works first. Then, in your new IL-2 mods folder ...\USSBonHommeRichardCVA31_1965\3do\Ships\USSBonHommeRichardCVA31_1965 find these seven flight deck and island texture files: deckL2048.tga, deckL1024.tga, deckL512.tga, deckL4096.tga, skin1o.tga, skin1p.tga, skin1q.tga. Replace these CVA-31 files with the identical files from your CVA-34 Oriskany downloaded and extracted files (you don't have to install CVA-34). Also, you have to rename a copy of your CVA-34 'deckL2048.tga' to 'deckL4096.tga' and replace the equivalent file in the CVA-31 installation.

It's best to leave the CVA-31 folder names as they are. It's not so neat but if you rename BHR to Oriskany I think the game will crash.

An alternative method is to install BHR CVA-31 and edit the seven .tga texture files with a graphics package, say GIMP, and change the '31's to '34's.

I think you need to install western's Ship Extensions and Engine MOD for full catapult and arrestor actions and you will definitely need to install High Resolution / True Color Textures Mod package by Carsmaster and Storebror to see the boat in all its glory.

The method I have suggested hasn't been tested but should work; the '34' on deck may change to '31' at extra long distances but I don't think it will be so noticeable. The downside to getting things for FREE is that it usually involves a little work on your part.

Good Luck to you and your Dad; karla

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 09:41:30 PM »

8)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

DwarfyHamster

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »

Hey Hayden, I think you can make a stand-alone for your Dad.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 26 queries.