Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: PT-17 update 9/25/13!  (Read 7749 times)

AG-51_Razor

• Air Group 51
Re: PT-17 update 9/25/13!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 05:07:53 PM »

Rockdoon, in the past, there have been several trainers to come out but so far, none are really very useful as a trainer. I am not asking for dual controls, but just the ability for a trainee to sit in one of the seats facing forward to see what the "instructor" is doing, or vise versa. I believe that the instructor sat in the rear seat in the N2S/PT-17. I hope you can have a skinner provide livery for both the Air Corps and the US Navy. It looks beautiful so far! :)

rockdoon

• Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #42
    • sandbar mitchell
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 05:55:23 PM »

Rockdoon, in the past, there have been several trainers to come out but so far, none are really very useful as a trainer. I am not asking for dual controls, but just the ability for a trainee to sit in one of the seats facing forward to see what the "instructor" is doing, or vise versa. I believe that the instructor sat in the rear seat in the N2S/PT-17. I hope you can have a skinner provide livery for both the Air Corps and the US Navy. It looks beautiful so far! :)
i can look into that once the steermans in game, i plan on using another pit to start but i want to end up building one at a later date, but seeing how you can switch between pilot and co pilots seats on the b17 by pressing Shift F1 im sure i could come up with someway for a trainee to at least observe

AG-51_Razor

• Air Group 51
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 08:20:05 AM »

How about using the Shift C key as with moving between the cockpit and rear gunner position? With a "gunner" position, a second human can join the plane online. The gunner position would just not have a gun and would be facing forward.  :)

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 08:55:30 AM »

and no stick nor throttle either...

Bombardier?
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

AG-51_Razor

• Air Group 51
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 11:10:07 AM »

Understood, there won't be a stick, rudder or throttle for the "student" to manipulate but I don't see why you couldn't have the controls there for the "student" to see move around when they are manipulated by the "Instructor". It's like being in a gunner's position and watching the control surfaces move when the pilot does his thing. This would be very valuable as an instruction tool in conjunction with the speed bar.

rockdoon

• Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #42
    • sandbar mitchell
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 11:42:30 AM »

i dont see how that would be an issue, on the other hand ive never tried doing something like that but i have an idea that im going to try later using the gunner idea

AG-51_Razor

• Air Group 51
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 01:17:19 PM »

That would be awesome Rockdoom! Is it possible to lable the position something other than "rear gunner"? When you start in a coop, you would choose between the Pilot position and "Student" position.

rockdoon

• Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #42
    • sandbar mitchell
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 01:31:08 PM »

I honestly have no idea this is the first plane I've done. But I don't see why not

AG-51_Razor

• Air Group 51
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »

;D  Awesome!! Thank you for this project, it will be very helpful to many potential newcomers.....and some people that have been around for quite a while as well!!  :P

HotelAlpha

• F.A.C #7
  • Modder
  • Tactical dominance is key
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 06:03:04 PM »

Rockdoon, very interesting project. I love the Stearman myself! I don't know if this is a dumb question.....  But will the wheels be "smoothed" after the whole model is done? The face count seems low...

But you are very talented for a first time project. I don't know much to il2 modding but I can tell you that those who start out on a project and actually get down to buisness are going to get something done.  ;)  :)

IF you need me to help you on any skins or any sort of testing, I will be more than happy to help you out with this fine little plane.  8)

Good luck, and best wishes,

Hotel
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics" -Sydney Camm

rockdoon

• Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #42
    • sandbar mitchell
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 06:19:45 PM »

Rockdoon, very interesting project. I love the Stearman myself! I don't know if this is a dumb question.....  But will the wheels be "smoothed" after the whole model is done? The face count seems low...

But you are very talented for a first time project. I don't know much to il2 modding but I can tell you that those who start out on a project and actually get down to buisness are going to get something done.  ;)  :)

IF you need me to help you on any skins or any sort of testing, I will be more than happy to help you out with this fine little plane.  8)

Good luck, and best wishes,

Hotel

I'm not actually the one making the model if you read carefully in the first post one of my friends is doing the model, but I've been messing around and getting class files ready for import, as for the wheels if you look at stock wheels there about the same, we probably will smooth them out more before the release

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 04:18:49 AM »

Great job, keep it up!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.