Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Monty's Massive DGEN Expansion  (Read 48306 times)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: Monty's Massive DGEN Expansion
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »

Hello Marco!

first of all: delete the DGen folder you have and any DGen.exe that might float around in the main folder of your TFM install;
then delete everything in the JSGME folder related to the DGen mod;
let´s start from scratch....

extract the two DGen mod rar files in another temporary folder; after extracting, merge them!!!
you should now have the DGen folder with the .db and other files in them and a MOD folder inside the DGen folder plus a DGen.exe (the modded one) and another .ini file
the extracted DGen_stan is just the old original dgen.exe, packed up in a way that you can activate it via JSGME;
as I have said already, just copy and paste the DGen folder plus the other files you got after merging the first two packs to your root il2 folder;
rename the old dgen.exe from the stan folder to DGen_bu.exe and also copy this into your root folder;
you dont need JSGME to do all that;
now all you need to do is rename the DGen you do not need to DGen_bu and the other you need leave as DGen.exe inside the root il2 folder
it´s that simple :)

markino

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »

Hi Phil, many thanks for your kindly reply, patience and instructions!!  :) :)
Well, I done as you suggest and I have closely followed the new instructions: at the beginning it was not possible to generate new carreer, or very few indeed, but was possible to play the already existing ones.
So I reinstelled and activated by jsgme the #DBW_DGen-TFM-MOD-01/02/03 but a when I tried to create a French career I heard a "beep" sound, as before.
Then I reinstalled and activated via jsgme the #DBW_DGen-STAN and I managed to create the french career...Hurra!!! :) :)..but previuos career no longer works...not so bad after all, just few mission played... I generated them again...I'll see if they works...

French career "Camplete tour...etc" starts in "air start" mode, it is correct? If I wished to start by ground start is it possible?

Many many thanks for all again!!!

Ciao!

Marco

markino

« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »

p.s. below an image of my DGen folder and DGen.exe. Are correct in this way or I must to rename DGen_bu.exe in DGen.exe?

Ciao!

Marco

markino

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2013, 04:44:33 AM »

French career "Complete tour...etc" starts in "air start" mode, it is correct? If I wished to start by ground start is it possible?

Many many thanks for all again!!!

Ciao!

Marco

Hi, someone could give me some informations as far as above, please...?

Many thanks.

Ciao!

Marco

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »

Hello Marco!

yeah above looks good - but you need both DGen.exe files in the root of the game, not in the DGen folder :)
now you only need to watch what version of DGen.exe the campaign you want to fly needs to function properly;
if it needs the modded one, use that one as DGen.exe, if it works with the old one, just rename the DGen_bu.exe to DGen.exe and you are good to go;
dont forget to rename the modded DGen.exe to DGen_mod.exe or something like that just to avoid the double naming of the files;

concerning the airstarts, I can remember that several missions in several campaigns used airstart back in old days, because some of the maps were not big enough to accomodate ground start (early ETO cross channel ops spring into mind);
I cannot say which campaigns in Simon´s pack feature airstart missions, but dont be shocked anyways, airstart missions can still be normal and do not point to a faulty installation...

if a mission starts correctly with all planes involved, things are correct normally;
if something is not correct, the mission would not start with flyable results....

markino

« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2013, 01:46:49 AM »

Hi Phil, many thanks for your reply! :)
yeah above looks good - but you need both DGen.exe files in the root of the game, not in the DGen folder :)
now you only need to watch what version of DGen.exe the campaign you want to fly needs to function properly;
if it needs the modded one, use that one as DGen.exe, if it works with the old one, just rename the DGen_bu.exe to DGen.exe and you are good to go;
dont forget to rename the modded DGen.exe to DGen_mod.exe or something like that just to avoid the double naming of the files;

I put the DGen_bu showed in the picture in the main root and renamed in DGen.exe, I think is the correct way suggested by you and as further confirmation now the French campaign "Complete tour...etc" starts correctly and works well...till now (2 missions played)... :)

You confirm  is the correct way to do this?

concerning the airstarts, I can remember that several missions in several campaigns used airstart back in old days, because some of the maps were not big enough to accomodate ground start (early ETO cross channel ops spring into mind);
I cannot say which campaigns in Simon´s pack feature airstart missions, but dont be shocked anyways, airstart missions can still be normal and do not point to a faulty installation...

if a mission starts correctly with all planes involved, things are correct normally;
if something is not correct, the mission would not start with flyable results....

Many thanks for explanations and help!!!!

Ciao!

Marco

markino

« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2013, 01:44:30 AM »

Hi guys, yesterday, while playing a mission of Luftwaffe carreer Libya '41, while mission was loading, a box message shows that "Hurricane IID" wasn't load because not present in air.ini and it would be replaced by the GeeBee how then it was.
Then I start QMB and I tested Hurricane IID and it works fine.

I found the air.ini in #DBW/STD/comm/maddox...etc and in **GB aircraft** next HurricaneIID was show "NOINFO"..?? What does it mean and how I can solve this trouble?

Many thanks for your help!

Ciao!

Marco

markino

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2013, 01:55:02 AM »

Hello guys, any suggestion as show below?
Tanks!

Hi Phil, many thanks for your reply! :)

I put the DGen_bu showed in the picture in the main root and renamed in DGen.exe, I think is the correct way suggested by you and as further confirmation now the French campaign "Complete tour...etc" starts correctly and works well...till now (2 missions played)... :)

You confirm  is the correct way to do this?

For as I previously asked below I have changed in the mission .dat (or something like that...) from HurricaneIID to HurricaneIId and now is mission works well. But I must to do this change every time, is possible to made this modification in a permanent mode?

Hi guys, yesterday, while playing a mission of Luftwaffe carreer Libya '41, while mission was loading, a box message shows that "Hurricane IID" wasn't load because not present in air.ini and it would be replaced by the GeeBee how then it was.
Then I start QMB and I tested Hurricane IID and it works fine.

I found the air.ini in #DBW/STD/comm/maddox...etc and in **GB aircraft** next HurricaneIID was show "NOINFO"..?? What does it mean and how I can solve this trouble?

Ciao!

Marco

Ciao.

Marco

AuburnAlumni

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2013, 01:52:51 PM »

Ok so I think I'm confused....

1.So I went to my DGen folder and put a "-" in front of it
2. In the Mod Manager, I enabled the Azura DGen Mod, enabled the two Monty DGen packs 1 and 2 (which then overwrited and I said "yes" to continue enabling)
3. Launched DBW/Monty then went to Play Career
4. Can't see anything other than the standard and Mod gen missions...none of the Monty career missions show up.

Obviously, I screwed up...where did I do it?  Thanks in advance.

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »

I have a pretty new DBW install upmodded with Full Monty and a very few extra mods & am happy with it ( read: very happy!) I've never been very successful with DGEN campaign installs but wanted to give these a try.As recommended I installed them in order thru JSGME utility, but in a few they don't work at all ( most of the US Navy Guadalcanal ones...maybe they need the SLOT maps installed?) and others the planes blow up or roll over in the first moment of the mission starting. I thought this might just be a conflict somewhere that I have created for myself , but hope it may have happened to someone else & they have an idea wht I must do to make things work correctly.I hope so1
Thanks! :-\

blackmage62

• ENDE
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »

Do I need to have Azura installed before I mess with this? I have my original DGEN folder renamed and I install this in this order: DGEN-Standard 01 --> DGEN Standard 02 (merged with 03) --> DGen Standard. But no campaigns are available at all if they're DGEN.

I did it before without merging and got the same result. I have New-TFM installed. What am I missing?

EDIT: Upon just applying the mod on top of the original DGEN folder most things work just fine, but stuff like this happens.

Drewm3i

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »

Hello Monty! My Dgen install partially works, but it will not allow me to do a Battle of Britain campaign. I had no Dgen folder at the root of my game until I activated your packs via jsgme. I did it in the following order for the first time: dgen stan, new tfm dgen mod pack 1, 2, and then 3. It didn't work, so I tried in this order: new tfm dgen mod pack 1, 2, 3, and then DGen stan. It's still a no go for the BOB campaigns. Once it even loaded the text for BOB, but went to 1941 Normandy. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 25 queries.