Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Monty's Massive DGEN Expansion  (Read 48411 times)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: Monty's Massive DGEN Expansion
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »

Marco!

it is safe to remove your original DGen folder!
Simon´s new one is way better than the old one;
previously I had a EnjoyR modified DGen folder with all the bells and whistles attached, but dropped that one too in favour of Simon´s work;
it is way better than the old EnjoyR modified stuff because it is much more up to date;
if you want to use Boelcke´s campaigns, just download them and drop them into the appropriate folders;

regarding the different DGen.exe versions, I am not using JSGME but simply rename either the old or the new DGen.exe to DGen_bu.exe;
this is as fast as using JSGME and in my opinion is handier to work with (no need to copy files around)
but as said, be sure to have original DGen version 4.0.8.7, IIRC its 4.0.8.6 in Simons DGen_Stan folder;

cheers
phil

markino

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2013, 02:48:00 AM »

Hello guys, many thanks for your reply and explanations!  :) Well, next days I will proceed so:
  • Disabling #DBW_DGen-STAN.
  • move original DGEN folder.
  • enabling #DBW_DGen-STAN again.

I hope this could works well...
Ciao!

Marco

flugkapitan

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »

Hi Simon,

The unRAR/ZIPing is best done to a seperate folder created for that purpose.  Then look inside the folders at the file structure.  This campaign goes to:Il2rootDIR/Missions/Campaigns/DE/1940_Pioneer_Corps.  There is also a Single Mission set whose path is:Il2rootDIR/Missions/Single/DE/1940_Pioneer_Corps.

I got the installation of the "Pioneer Korps" sorted out with your help. When WinRar extracted the files to my main IL2 directory, it placed the "Pioneer Korps" folder in the missions folder, it didn't put it in the DE fodler as per your example quoted above. I just moved the 1940_Pioneer_Corps folder to the DE folder (both the campaign and single) and now the selection for that campaign is available for selection in IL2/#DBW. Haven't had a chance to explore the campaign yet, but hope to in the near future.

Cheers,
Scott

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2013, 05:28:47 PM »

Marco!

it is safe to remove your original DGen folder!
Simon´s new one is way better than the old one;
previously I had a EnjoyR modified DGen folder with all the bells and whistles attached, but dropped that one too in favour of Simon´s work;
it is way better than the old EnjoyR modified stuff because it is much more up to date;
if you want to use Boelcke´s campaigns, just download them and drop them into the appropriate folders;

regarding the different DGen.exe versions, I am not using JSGME but simply rename either the old or the new DGen.exe to DGen_bu.exe;
this is as fast as using JSGME and in my opinion is handier to work with (no need to copy files around)
but as said, be sure to have original DGen version 4.0.8.7, IIRC its 4.0.8.6 in Simons DGen_Stan folder;

cheers
phil

Thank you, thank you, exactly right!  This was the intention.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

markino

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2013, 12:26:35 AM »

Hello guys, many thanks for your reply and explanations!  :) Well, next days I will proceed so:
  • Disabling #DBW_DGen-STAN.
  • move original DGEN folder.
  • enabling #DBW_DGen-STAN again.

I hope this could works well...
Ciao!

Marco

Well, I have done as above....anything to do, everything remained as before, no Phoney war, no Blitzkrieg, no BoF...
Before disabled #DBW_DGen-STAN I had to disabled #DBW_DGen-TFM-MOD-01/02/03 and re-enabling all contrariwise.
Maybe in some installations of files I have lost somethings or files as conf.ini, load.ini or something else are not in the correct way.
White flag for me.... I do not know how to do and I have not the  knowledge to do it by myself.
As I said, no problem, it is not mandatory to play French campaign. Pity, I would have liked to fight with French.

Many thanks for all your helps!!

Ciao!

Marco

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2013, 05:33:13 AM »

Marco, I think the error has occured sometime earlier already;

try this before giving up:  delete your COMPLETE DGen folder! then also delete any DGen.exe you might have; unzip the two DGen zip files from Simon to a temporary folder; do this in sequence of course! then merge the two extracted folders! you should now have all the campaign files in their respective places plus the new modded DGen.exe plus some additional files;
now copy all these folders and files into your main install!
after this, rename the new modded DGen.exe to something like DGen_bu.exe;
copy the DGen.exe from the DGen_Stan to your main install folder;
you should now have the original DGen.exe in your main folder of IL2 as well as the DGen folder with all the campaigns inside;
fire up TFM and see if that works;

I did it that way and had no problems whatsoever after Simon´s patch...

oh and do not think twice about the russian aircraft in the campaign;
the campaign files date from a time when there were not much french birds available, so the LaGG, the PE-3 and some other planes were used as stand ins...

markino

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2013, 10:07:49 AM »

Hi Phil, many thanks for your kindly reply. Ok, I will do how you said. Before I will make a backup copy of present DBW+TFM. I will tell you the results in the next days.

Ciao!!

Marco

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2013, 11:10:41 AM »

Hello Marco!

a backup is always a good idea, in this case though it is sufficient to just backup your DGen folder and any DGen.exe you have floating around in your install.
be sure to copy them to another folder though without any linking to your game install...

hope this helps and you get everything up and running :)
in case of problems or questions, feel free to ask

cheers
phil

sphantom

• retired Fighter Pilot
  • If you wake up and see grass roots growing
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2013, 12:21:18 PM »

The folder to keep your stuff might look like this -temp that way the game will not read it

markino

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2013, 08:50:33 AM »

Hello guys, many thanks for your kindly replies and helps!!  :)
Well, thinghs first... I had backup the whole DBW+TFM and before I backed up the previous DGen folder (before #DBW_DGen-TFM-MOD-01/02/03 installation). Now:

unzip the two DGen zip files from Simon to a temporary folder
You mean"#DBW_DGen-MOD" and "#DBW_DGen-STAN"? In this case I have two folder: "#DBW_DGen-MOD and "#DBW_DGen-STAN but no mission files... maybe you mean all (three, not two Simon's files)  #DBW_DGen-TFM-MOD-01/02/03 with all mission files (contained in their respective folders DGen) to merge in a one (eg. "DGen_temp") folder..?

you should now have all the campaign files in their respective places plus the new modded DGen.exe plus some additional files;
Sorry, I don't understand this passage: I must to put the new merged folder, DGen_temp, inside to, eg., #DBW_DGen-STAN then put it in jsgme folder then enabled it again?

I apologise but it is not easy for me to do this kind of modifications... :-[ :-[.
Many thanks for your step by step helps...and patience... :)

Ciao!

Marco

markino

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2013, 08:58:20 AM »

The folder to keep your stuff might look like this -temp that way the game will not read it
Hi Sphantom  :)
I copied it in a folder on desktop named "IL-2 1946 DBW 1.71" and inside of it, two folders named : "DBW+TFM of 12-08-2013" and DBW no TFM IL-2 1946".  I hope this will work as you suggested...
Many thanks for help! :) :)
Ciao.

Marco

markino

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2013, 04:15:40 AM »

Hello guys, any indications about as I done below?
Many thanks!
Ciao.

Marco

Hello guys, many thanks for your kindly replies and helps!!  :)
Well, thinghs first... I had backup the whole DBW+TFM and before I backed up the previous DGen folder (before #DBW_DGen-TFM-MOD-01/02/03 installation). Now:

unzip the two DGen zip files from Simon to a temporary folder
You mean"#DBW_DGen-MOD" and "#DBW_DGen-STAN"? In this case I have two folder: "#DBW_DGen-MOD and "#DBW_DGen-STAN but no mission files... maybe you mean all (three, not two Simon's files)  #DBW_DGen-TFM-MOD-01/02/03 with all mission files (contained in their respective folders DGen) to merge in a one (eg. "DGen_temp") folder..?

you should now have all the campaign files in their respective places plus the new modded DGen.exe plus some additional files;
Sorry, I don't understand this passage: I must to put the new merged folder, DGen_temp, inside to, eg., #DBW_DGen-STAN then put it in jsgme folder then enabled it again?

I apologise but it is not easy for me to do this kind of modifications... :-[ :-[.
Many thanks for your step by step helps...and patience... :)

Ciao!

Marco
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 27 queries.