Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Monty's Massive DGEN Expansion  (Read 48316 times)

tbauchot

• Modder
Re: Monty's Massive DGEN Expansion
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 12:27:53 AM »

Hello Simon,

Same results than Griffon 301 : Cannot find plane Wellington_MKIII in some earlier French campaigns !

Please, don't be hurt by this post, your work is absolutely fantastic and I know that 24 hours by day is certainly
not enough to do what you make for all the community !
Big thanks and best regards, Thierry.   

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 12:58:44 AM »

@ Thierry - Wellington entries were changed in the RAF update, but in any case they were not made as flyable aircraft in those campaigns, so mine just feature a substitute.

@Phil - better to wait for an improved version?  You can open the files and see what is in them, you know how to back up and copy/paste, so why not make the right version?  Its a great idea to include the latest French Mod aircraft, paste some in and test.   ;D

markino

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 01:18:22 AM »

Sob...is exactly the answer I dreaded... :( :(....

Well, maybe it is an opportunity to start a new Monty's Massive Campaign.... maybe in the Lybian desert or vs Malta...who knows... ;)

Thanks for your kindly reply & helps!!
Ciao!

Marco

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 03:28:21 AM »

Hey Simon!

well, as said I am as knowledgable about DGen modding as I am about the Bulgarian Mars Travelling Program :D

I could try and "improv(ise)e" a certain planeset for a certain campaign, but I would need to know what goes where, and honestly, I do not have that much time currently and those French campaigns are only a sideshow for me.
I just wanted to have a look if they work in my install and guide Delfy to a possible solution, which is a little bit more complicated in his and my case obviously;
as said, I have only Russian birds in my plane selection drop down and only the NN regiment to choose from, so those early war French campaigns do not hold that much appeal for me. strangely, the early French campaigns part in EnjoyRs patch does work as it should in the time when it was released, so my guess is that there is a problem in the planeset or in the way Delfy´s and my install handles that planeset...

well, I know why I have become more the static campaigning guy-I am looking forward to your Mossie campaign :)

best regards
phil

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2013, 03:36:43 AM »

I think I found something:

in the .db file for BoF1 for example, there is the following section:

6 BattleMkII
10 PE_3BIS $Potez-631.bmp
5 Wellington_MKIII

in the air.ini, the Fairey Battle is described with BattleMkII while the Wellington is identified as Wellington3 and not Wellington_MKIII;

could that be the problem?

I do not have time to test that as I am off to work now till the evening, but maybe someone who knows much much more about DGen stuff than I do could confirm this or tell me I am completely off with it...

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 06:19:34 AM »

6 BattleMkII
5 Wellington_MKIII

in the air.ini, the Fairey Battle is described with BattleMkII while the Wellington is identified as Wellington3 and not Wellington_MKIII;

I do not have time to test that as I am off to work now till the evening, but maybe someone who knows much much more about DGen stuff than I do could confirm this or tell me I am completely off with it...

There were a couple of issues with the French DGENs.  This is a replacement set, just overwrite your existing ones or apply it as a JSGME pack.

#DBW_DGen-TFM-MOD-03
https://www.mediafire.com/?nv21dn65c8enjra

Bear in mind that once you launch a campaign in DBW+New-TFM with PAL's Mission Pro (you can pick a fighter or bomber to start) you can fly the missions with anything you choose, including any of those exotic French Bombers.

Danyfly

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2013, 07:52:21 AM »

6 BattleMkII
5 Wellington_MKIII

There were a couple of issues with the French DGENs.  This is a replacement set, just overwrite your existing ones or apply it as a JSGME pack.

#DBW_DGen-TFM-MOD-03
https://www.mediafire.com/?nv21dn65c8enjra

Bear in mind that once you launch a campaign in DBW+New-TFM with PAL's Mission Pro (you can pick a fighter or bomber to start) you can fly the missions with anything you choose, including any of those exotic French Bombers.

Hi Monty,

Great Job, now French campaigns work fine ! :)

Many thanks for this fix !!

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »

Hello Simon!

many many thanks for the fast fix! btw, concerning "home improvement" of the campaign with the new modded French beauties, I was always under the impression that the old standard DGen does not like modded planes very much;
can I easily replace the PE-2s and 3s with let´s say the Bloch or LeO bombers? and the LaGGs with MB-152s etc?

that´s it btw what I meant with "improved" versions of the campaigns-newly created ones for the DGen mod that work with all modded planes;

but if the standard DGen likes modded planes now too, that might be worth trying then...(and introducing earlier model 109s and 110s and of course Dorniers...)

Yeager_1946

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2013, 02:43:58 PM »

This was a great idea, Monty! Thanks!  :)

markino

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2013, 01:56:19 AM »

Sob...is exactly the answer I dreaded... :( :(....

Well, maybe it is an opportunity to start a new Monty's Massive Campaign.... maybe in the Lybian desert or vs Malta...who knows... ;)

Thanks for your kindly reply & helps!!
Ciao!

Marco

Well, now I restart the hawaii campaign with USAAF and it works fine :) :). Maps are different from the previous; maybe the reason because the previous failed.

I tried to start the Franch campaign also but it doesn't start and I heard a "beep". What can cause this trouble? I have installed #DBW_DGen-TFM-MOD-03 also.
Thanks for all your help!

Ciao.

Marco

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2013, 03:02:22 AM »

Hello Marco!

I tried the fix today and it works for me - so maybe install again in sequence - #1 then #2 then #3;
and pay attention to which DGen you use - the French ones only work with the standard DGen, not the modded one!

@Simon: I still had a problem when I tried the "Blitzkrieg" of the complete AlA campaign;
the first mission did fire up, but then I got this weird screen when someone the mission requires is not installed, you know what I mean I guess;
it does not matter if I tried the Hawks or the MS406, this situation persisted;
it seems like maybe a loadout for one of the German planes was wrong or something like this;
I regenerated the campaign again and then it worked, so it seems it is mission dependant if this happens or not-as said, maybe in one mission file there is a problem;
might be too unimportant to really track down, just to let users know :)

other than that, great work! thanks a lot!!!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2013, 03:21:59 AM »

Hello Marco!

I tried the fix today and it works for me - so maybe install again in sequence - #1 then #2 then #3;
and pay attention to which DGen you use - the French ones only work with the standard DGen, not the modded one!

@Simon: I still had a problem when I tried the "Blitzkrieg" of the complete AlA campaign;
the first mission did fire up, but then I got this weird screen when someone the mission requires is not installed, you know what I mean I guess;
it does not matter if I tried the Hawks or the MS406, this situation persisted;
it seems like maybe a loadout for one of the German planes was wrong or something like this;
I regenerated the campaign again and then it worked, so it seems it is mission dependant if this happens or not-as said, maybe in one mission file there is a problem;
might be too unimportant to really track down, just to let users know :)

other than that, great work! thanks a lot!!!

I think you are right Phil, both Poltava and I have come across loadout change CTDs caused by old mission versions in newer mod versions.  If in future we make a note of dodgy loadouts as they crop the pattern will become apparent.  When we are certain of the entries the offenders can be wiped or altered en masse.  Sort of a working tune-up. 

Our New-TFM content is now large but stable, so let's tweak as we go... ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 27 queries.