Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Certificate's Ai Mod  (Read 43231 times)

U

Re: Certificate's Ai Mod
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 10:04:03 AM »

HSFX5's readme, says that this is included, even if it is 4.101.

Isn't there any standalone version of that to use with SASModact 4.10.1?

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 08:47:28 PM »

If there's a version for 4.10, then maybe, but the 4.09 version would be missing a lot of stuff that the AI needs to use the new weapons.

Thats pretty spot on from my account. This does work with 4.101m but AI are retarded when it comes to using weapons.

Honestly though, even Cert AI mod is fairly out of date and needs work. I've been testing this with the new jets and it falls short in a lot of ways. For example, AI jets very commonly overshoot their targets in zoom-booms and NEVER use head on attacks. If they use rockets or missiles, them seem only to use them within 500m of the target (in fact, I watched a F-86D fire rockets at its target at less than 100m!!)

The AI mod is also lacking some of the other updates including overheating and ground attack behaviour fixes. Soo, I think its time we do something about this :)

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011, 09:29:59 PM »

For example, AI jets very commonly overshoot their targets in zoom-booms and NEVER use head on attacks.

Just wondering,  are these veteran or higher AI? I remember that Certificate set it up so that only vet. or higher would shoot head-on.

The AI mod is also lacking some of the other updates including overheating and ground attack behaviour fixes. Soo, I think its time we do something about this :)

I'll second that.  I'd love to see this happen.  :)

Far77

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 02:24:28 AM »

I watched AI-vs-AI a lot, and see a lot of various shorcomings. I think that AI "tactical" thinking should be improved too. For example jets often don't use their speed superiority , and often fall victim of piston-engined planes while dogfighting.

So if you need a "beta-tester", please send me PM. I hope that I would be able to find some time for  this.

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »

Stratodog: Thanks for the hint, I might give that a try :)

Far77: Indeed, I've seen MiG-17s get the shit ripped out of them by P-51s and in many cases F-86Ds (currently beta testing) get their arse wooped by the rear gunners on Tu-4s. It isn't right. At the other end of the spectrum, this mod stops WW1 biplanes from doing their endless spiral towards the ground in a dogfight.

With some careful thinking, this mod could be perfect and run with 4.101m. I unfortunately can't volunteer for this task, my hands are incredibly full. But regardless, a merging of all AI mods and updating this to 4.101m is essential.

Far77

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2011, 10:06:37 PM »

Far77: Indeed, I've seen MiG-17s get the shit ripped out of them by P-51s and in many cases F-86Ds (currently beta testing) get their arse wooped by the rear gunners on Tu-4s. It isn't right. At the other end of the spectrum, this mod stops WW1 biplanes from doing their endless spiral towards the ground in a dogfight.

With some careful thinking, this mod could be perfect and run with 4.101m. I unfortunately can't volunteer for this task, my hands are incredibly full. But regardless, a merging of all AI mods and updating this to 4.101m is essential.

By the way, it seems to me that currently planes are too easy to disintegrate their fuselage. Especially funny it looks with jets which fuselage disintgrates approximately through their construction alignments showing engines etc...   :).

Regarding the AI. I hope that someone can improve it because for me it is one of the weakest points in the nice game.

X-Raptor

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 06:09:14 AM »

[quote
Regarding the AI. I hope that someone can improve it because for me it is one of the weakest points in the nice game.
[/quote]

;) that woud be the best of all mod FB1946. only CERTIFICATE made something about this till 2yrs ago..was he the only genius here? ::)

Roger Smith

• "Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty" -Big O Boot up message
  • HgZ? He's just another Jason Beck
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2011, 07:20:26 AM »

[quote

;) that woud be the best of all mod FB1946. only CERTIFICATE made something about this till 2yrs ago..was he the only genyus here? ::)
[/quote]
it's spell Genius

X-Raptor

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2011, 05:02:10 PM »

[quote

;) that woud be the best of all mod FB1946. only CERTIFICATE made something about this till 2yrs ago..was he the only genyus here? ::)
it's spell Genius
[/quote] thkk  ;)

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 01:25:52 AM »

It's a too complex matter and even Certificate give up :(

X-Raptor

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »

Cerificate give up about BUT make a great "first-step" in fact his AI changing is active even in HFSX by default ;). Imagine if anyone will continue about starting FROM his knowledge..

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »

It was a big step ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 27 queries.