Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW just blows me away!  (Read 9605 times)

SGT68

Re: DBW just blows me away!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 07:10:36 AM »

@SGT68

Thanks a lot for your small but very precise guide. I have been playing with the game files over the weekend to get UP3, DBW and TFM installed and so far all i have noticed are better sounds on the weapons.

I have been told that DBW does a lot for the visual aspects of the game and for the effects, therefore i am now itching to get out of work to run through your guide and get a nice working DBW install.

Just a small question though, are the DBW features specific to certain missions/campaigns within the game? I only play offline. I hope im not an idiot and i am just missing these features as im in the "wrong" missions or running stock game missions. Note that i have not played this game for over 3 years and just picked up a copy of IL2 1946 at V4.07m.

Thanks
telferg

Firstly I think  if you want to run DBW as its meant to be experienced with a decent frame rate you're gonna need at least a quad core with 8GB RAM and a good PCi Express graphics card. If yo have less than this spec obviously yo can dial down the graphics, but its not going to be as pretty, and  you are also going to have to watch how many mods you are running, especially the dynamic ones like weather and special effects. Obvious really.

As to your question regarding whether the features are specific to certain campaigns and missions look here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35424.0.html

The Full Monty is a megapack of mods and extra planes and maps that are installed on top of Dark Blue World . Now near the bottom of this thread you will find a link (under the picture of the Ferrari and the Macchi 202) that says "here are some campaigns for new TFM"
I've copied the link here too
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35546.0.html

These campaigns I believe take special advantage of running certain exhanced texture maps, aircraft tweaks and dynamic effects mods all simoultaneously, so you will have a really good playing experience. Generally tho all depends on what mods you have enabled with your JSGME and which extra maps, planes , skins etc you have installed . you have the  power to customize your DBW as you want it. After you have installed basic DBW you can go one of four ways.
1. Leave it as it is
2. Install the Full Monty
3. Ignore Full Monty installing the mods you want manually.
4. Do both, but this requires care as when you install mods manually ,  you must be careful not to override any settings and configs that Full Monty has set with its automated setup.

Hope this helps.

Oh BTW from tomorrow i wont be online for the forseeable future. I terminated my internet contract with Virgin Media due to their terrible service and i havent sorted out another isp yet.

"A day without slaughter is like a day without sunshine" ..Marcus Kincaid

telferg

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 07:27:48 AM »

SGT68,

Thanks very much mate. I have been following advice from Monty (the New TFM modder) who has also explained some things. Im so eager to get it up and running that i took a long lunch from work to run home and begin the download of the Megapack as you mentioned in your initial guide on this thread.

As for my PC spec i wont have any issues  ;). Just spent a load on my new machine 2 months ago and built it up myself, she consists of:
AMD Piledriver Black Edition 8 core processor (4.00Ghz Core Clock)
Republic of Gamers Asus Crosshair V Formula Z AMD 990FX Mobo
ATI Radeon HD 7970 3072mb GDDR5 GPU
16Gb Avexir MPower DDR3 RAM.

She runs like a beast. I play MilSim games such as Arma 2 and Arma 3 on beta and so far on high end games i have never dropped under 55FPS on highest settings :)

Hence why i am looking forward to getting IL2 set up and running seamlessly on this machine.

I will begin a fresh install tonight and try some new campaigns as stated by both yourself and Monty.

P.S. I dont blame you for leaving Virgin, Horrible people! I am with Sky and their internet is flawless for me, even down DSL i am getting 12Mb/Sec.

Thanks Again
telferg

SGT68

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 07:58:02 AM »

As for my PC spec i wont have any issues  ;). Just spent a load on my new machine 2 months ago and built it up myself, she consists of:
AMD Piledriver Black Edition 8 core processor (4.00Ghz Core Clock)
Republic of Gamers Asus Crosshair V Formula Z AMD 990FX Mobo
ATI Radeon HD 7970 3072mb GDDR5 GPU
16Gb Avexir MPower DDR3 RAM.

Quite envious there i got to say.. Mine is nowhere near. Well the happy news for you is you will be able to run this:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20929.0.html

telferg

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 08:06:56 AM »

The joy of www.overclockers.co.uk and low rate Finance :P

I will definitly have a look into that once i get up and running with DBW & TFM Etc.

Thanks again.

telferg

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 11:11:02 AM »

Brand new install just as you described, got it running in widescreen mode as first test.

Just installing the New TFM packs into JSGME now, on 11 of 29. Taking its time but thats what cigarrettes and a kettle are here for ;-)

I will try out a couple of the campaigns but looking forward to phoning in sick for work tomorrow :)

SGT68

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 11:19:18 AM »

Excellent. The new slimmed down Full Monty is quick to install compared to the previous version. Each file took half an hour to process.

SGT68

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 11:28:08 AM »

Brand new install just as you described, got it running in widescreen mode as first test.

Just installing the New TFM packs into JSGME now, on 11 of 29. Taking its time but thats what cigarrettes and a kettle are here for ;-)

I will try out a couple of the campaigns but looking forward to phoning in sick for work tomorrow :)

A thought: When you get it all up and running, seeing you got top drawer hardware,  and then you got mods like GurnerFX and Water=4  (which gives super realistic ocean effects) running, it would be great if you could create some in-game videos and put them up on You Tube. People would love to see that!

telferg

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »

I will try my best, i assume there is a start recording section for making videos?

Promise me you wont laugh at my terrible skills though  :P remember im new haha.

I will trial a mission out first before i add GurnerFX. I assume i just change the water setting in the conf.ini file after i download and install GurnerFX?

telferg

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »

Sorry mate, being a pest here, but should i  have UP3.0 enable through JSGME also? Just i read here that DBW is the pack that overlies UP3.0

Thanks in advance

SGT68

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 11:47:27 AM »

No problem. No, ignore the mods prefixed by #UP.... I'm sure thats correct.

I never done a video either. No hurry, wait til you real good at stuff..

telferg

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 11:57:05 AM »

no problem mate thanks.

Not got it set just now. Im still only on pack 20 of 29. But not fussed. just a pain i have to listen out for the sound JSGME kicks out when i need to overwrite files haha.

Oh well Top Gear on demand til its done. I'll try get some screens up later in the week. See if they are any good!

SGT68

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »

If the JSGME says (not responding) at any time - ignore it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 27 queries.